Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:10 AM

142 posts, read 606,591 times

Advertisements

My house in South Florida finally sold!!! I had to lower the price substantially, but to quote my father in law, I had to "stop the bleeding". This was the third contract we had on the home in 3 months and the pirce on each contract got lower and lower. We ended up $30,000 less than our first contract. The 1st buyers got cold feet in this market and decided to rent for a while. The second buyers were scum bags and after everything was signed, they told us that we had to pay $14,000 of there closing costs. I told them to take a hike.

My reason for leaving is not financial, as I have a good job and pension here and I purchased my home when it was still affordable. I am leaving because of the people....Plain and simple. There are things I dont like about South Florida, but I could live with them (traffic, zero lot lines, congestion). What I cant live with is the people. Too many thugs and rude, uneducated, and unethical people.

Good ridence South Florida. I will not miss you. I am looking forward to a much better quality of life and a better environment to raise my children in NC. My only regret is not leaving sooner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 09:17 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,283,214 times
Congratulations. I guess you still made a profit on your home or at least broke even since you said you bought it when it was cheap. If I could break even I'd be out of here too but I bought atthe end of 2006 so I'm stuck for a few years. I know you will love NC. Every one of my friends that moved there love it.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:25 AM

975 posts, read 3,720,548 times
good luck to you!

Old 01-25-2008, 09:38 AM

10 posts, read 50,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave037 View Post
My house in South Florida finally sold!!! I had to lower the price substantially, but to quote my father in law, I had to "stop the bleeding". This was the third contract we had on the home in 3 months and the pirce on each contract got lower and lower. We ended up $30,000 less than our first contract. The 1st buyers got cold feet in this market and decided to rent for a while. The second buyers were scum bags and after everything was signed, they told us that we had to pay $14,000 of there closing costs. I told them to take a hike.

My reason for leaving is not financial, as I have a good job and pension here and I purchased my home when it was still affordable. I am leaving because of the people....Plain and simple. There are things I dont like about South Florida, but I could live with them (traffic, zero lot lines, congestion). What I cant live with is the people. Too many thugs and rude, uneducated, and unethical people.

Good ridence South Florida. I will not miss you. I am looking forward to a much better quality of life and a better environment to raise my children in NC. My only regret is not leaving sooner.
Hi Dave. Congrats. I'm in almost the exact situation as you. I need (and honestly, want) to relocate to NC. My house is up for sale and haven't had any luck yet.

What area were you living in and what type of house did you have (if you don't mind my asking)?

Old 01-25-2008, 09:46 AM

548 posts, read 535,302 times
Thats great news for you. We lived in NC for a few years, the Raleigh area and then the Wilmington area. We hated it with a passion and love living in SFL.

But many folks like it in NC. Good luck with your move.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:48 AM

10 posts, read 50,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFlorida View Post
Thats great news for you. We lived in NC for a few years, the Raleigh area and then the Wilmington area. We hated it with a passion and love living in SFL.

But many folks like it in NC. Good luck with your move.
What didn't you like? (I'm going to the Charlotte area BTW)

Old 01-25-2008, 10:42 AM

564 posts, read 1,894,700 times
Good riddance to those who wish to escape rather than stay and be a part of making things better.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:06 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,389,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave037 View Post

Congrats!

I wish you well. I hope that I could do the same, but there are multiple reasons why I need to stay for a while. Atleast you took the plunge and sold. Some people don't sell because they want to make twice the amount that they paid for their house. Others think that the problems here will get better with time. The reality is that it will only get worse. Once you settle in, the NC forum is a great place. I'm sure that you won't be like others who find the need to constantly bash Miami, and don't even live here. Good luck and stay well!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:17 PM

142 posts, read 606,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroque View Post
Hi Dave. Congrats. I'm in almost the exact situation as you. I need (and honestly, want) to relocate to NC. My house is up for sale and haven't had any luck yet.

What area were you living in and what type of house did you have (if you don't mind my asking)?
I live in NW Broward and sold my 3000 sf one story 4 bedroom house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eufo View Post
Good riddance to those who wish to escape rather than stay and be a part of making things better.
Nothing can make things better here for me. It is getting worse. That's why I'm leaving. And unfortunatley for you, many other good moral people are leaving for the same reasons. You can have your thug infested South Florida.

Thanks to all the well wishers. I wish you all well too.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:32 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,283,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eufo View Post
eufo, I usedto think that way too. When my friend left I cursed them as traitor for not sticking around. I told them they were part of the problem. Well, I was wrong and they were right. When the ship starts sinking you should bail water but when the water's pouring over the rail there's no point in continuing to bail and it's time to get in the lifeboat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami