Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 786 times

Advertisements

I had a transfer flight from Miami to Tampa with american airlines. It was one of the most scarring ventures of my life. I was trapped at Miami airport for 7 hours for american to get a 3rd plane to take us a half hour distance. 2 PLANES BROKE!. I WAITED 14X THE AMOUNT OF TIME FOR A 30 MINUTE FLIGHT. I am never flying American ever again. They wouldn't even give me my money back for how long I waited. I could have gotten a taxi and gotten back to Tampa quicker than waiting for that plane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 01:59 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cause I want to post View Post
I had a transfer flight from Miami to Tampa with american airlines. It was one of the most scarring ventures of my life. I was trapped at Miami airport for 7 hours for american to get a 3rd plane to take us a half hour distance. 2 PLANES BROKE!. I WAITED 14X THE AMOUNT OF TIME FOR A 30 MINUTE FLIGHT. I am never flying American ever again. They wouldn't even give me my money back for how long I waited. and gotten back to Tampa quicker than waiting for that plane.
So why didn't you just utilize that $500 cab fare if you were in such a rush

Old 12-14-2015, 03:34 PM

604 posts, read 617,742 times
Blame AA, not MIA

Old 12-14-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
Blame AA, not MIA
Exactly, they're separate and apart from each other.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:51 PM

301 posts, read 368,376 times
MIA is the worst Airport in the World.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:12 PM

400 posts, read 515,443 times
The thread comes alive after 7 years of silence, and on a complaint about an airline, not the airport per sé.
For the amount of people that MIA handles, at least in 2015, seems to me a a moderately good operation. I assume that most of the grievance will be with International flights, and on arrival. If you are a foreign national or a green card holder, yes, prepare to add at least 1 and a half hour in line to reach the ICE Agent. US Citizens can go thru in less than half an hour, even less if the kiosks that scan your passport "recognize" You. One suggestion for the MIA Authority, have separate lines at that pre-check for US Citizens; at least a few months ago that pre-check was a funnel for EVERYONE, and rather than the posters announcing how great the internal tram is, post clear signs along the way on where said tram is to reach the ICE booths.
Departure didn't seem to be much of a hassle, bring a printed or scan on your fancy phone, copy of your reservation code and bar code. Doesn't seem you have to bring your check in suitcase to an X-Ray machine yourself, at least the airline I use grabs them at the counter.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:25 PM

Anyone who says Miami International Airport is the worst is an ignorant idiot:

http://www.miami-airport.com/pdfdoc/...de_(Final).pdf

Old 12-15-2015, 12:44 AM

22 posts, read 24,619 times
Personally have never had an issue with MIA or American Airlines, it's one of the busiest aswell, and growing quicker then the others, so there is bound to be problems here and there, it's life and it sure as hell isn't the worst.

Old 12-15-2015, 07:40 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
I hate Miami airport in the sense it's so big and one has to walk miles to get to baggage claim after "de-planing" your plane. Also, the baggage carousels are chaotic and take forever. ... Generally, I hate MIA. I like Fort Lauderdale airport better.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:18 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,631,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuito View Post
The thread comes alive after 7 years of silence, and on a complaint about an airline, not the airport per sé.
For the amount of people that MIA handles, at least in 2015, seems to me a a moderately good operation. I assume that most of the grievance will be with International flights, and on arrival. If you are a foreign national or a green card holder, yes, prepare to add at least 1 and a half hour in line to reach the ICE Agent. US Citizens can go thru in less than half an hour, even less if the kiosks that scan your passport "recognize" You. One suggestion for the MIA Authority, have separate lines at that pre-check for US Citizens; at least a few months ago that pre-check was a funnel for EVERYONE, and rather than the posters announcing how great the internal tram is, post clear signs along the way on where said tram is to reach the ICE booths.
Departure didn't seem to be much of a hassle, bring a printed or scan on your fancy phone, copy of your reservation code and bar code. Doesn't seem you have to bring your check in suitcase to an X-Ray machine yourself, at least the airline I use grabs them at the counter.
They have seemingly moved everyone through the passport check quite fast the last few times I've been into MIA. I fly international a few times per year out of MIA and generally painless. In fact, BY FAR, the worst part is waiting for luggage because the A380 carries so much crap. Then when you get your luggage, the line for customs. It takes us 2 - 3 hours to get out of the airport. Immigration is the fastest part, without a doubt.

I'm flying to Norway again in January and decided to try a smaller plane out of Fort Lauderdale. We'll see how that goes. I may skip the A380's moving forward if this is faster.

On domestic flights I use MIA and FLL interchangeably and both are totally fine. Anyone who thinks either is the worst airport is a moron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami