Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 09:47 PM

231 posts, read 385,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Hey if they don't Brickell might become an independent municipality, smaller government, easier to enforce. Yea, it is a matter of time for Sobe as it will become thugbeach, tourist will go elsewhere, maybe even Wynwood and Midtown
It would be very difficult to secede from the city of Miami because I believe it requires a city wide vote. Residents of Coconut Grove often talk about seceding from the City of Miami but they know it is just a dream. Brickell will always be a part of the City of Miami and will be worse off for it while it envies Coral Gables and Miami Beach.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:42 AM

604 posts, read 615,166 times
While Brickell, Midtown and Wynwood can provide a lot of entertainment to both locals and tourist, I really can't see any of them now, or in the future, replacing the 2 magnets of Miami tourism: the beaches (for people from colder latitudes), and the shopping (for latin americans).

Old 11-09-2015, 09:46 AM

5,016 posts, read 7,416,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
Bring the mafia in. They'll clean that $h17 up REAL fast.
This!

Old 11-09-2015, 01:27 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,925,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
While Brickell, Midtown and Wynwood can provide a lot of entertainment to both locals and tourist, I really can't see any of them now, or in the future, replacing the 2 magnets of Miami tourism: the beaches (for people from colder latitudes), and the shopping (for latin americans).
I can see Brickell becoming a more significant international shopping and dining destination, but I don't see it taking advantage of it's outdoor, warm-weather-in-January, potential. Which let's face it is a major reason--if not the major reason--for people to visit here. At the very least, they need to have a vibrant bay walk which connects to the Rickenbacker Causeway beaches. One developer wants to do a river walk connecting a few blocks to Jose Marti Park, which is a start, but would still be pretty limited on its own.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:43 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,634,862 times
Whats happened is the riff raff from other countries head to america and bring their uncultured ways with them. Unfortunately florida took a major hit and some people who have been life long residents bailing. My nephew moving out of orlando and up north as orlanda not such a great place anymore either. So much for diversity.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:48 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,694,650 times
Brickell has no beach, its no different than any other part of south Florida, hot, humid and overcrowded

Old 11-26-2015, 02:56 PM

393 posts, read 358,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croatbob View Post
Fight at Five Guys in Miami Beach Caught on Camera | NBC 6 South Florida

As I resident for 5 years till mid this year I've slowly seen ocean and Washington go to the wolves. I think the only way to fix the issue is remove curb side and drinking on the beach and turn it into a restaurant only set up. No curb side bar/clubs and actually enforce the no drinking on the beach. Vegas has 10 X the tourists and 1/10th the problem. We either clean up sobe internally or continue to push tourists away and residents out of town with this "ghetto" culture on ocean dr. Ppl came to our city for the glitz and glamour now all they see if drunken disorder. Opinions??
I think they are trying to, but you have to be careful. If you outright ban certain groups, then they get a lawyer and even if it is bs, you still have to pay to defend yourself. I know the city is talking about revamping Washington and landscaping the medians, in an effort to bring the area up. Once that happens, rent will go up for businesses and some of the trashier ones will be moving. I think some of the boozing ordinances will be changing too, but you have to make a balance between being a resort city people can afford and keeping the riff-raff out.

Old 11-26-2015, 02:58 PM

Default mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
This!
Pretty sure the mafia is still here, from the 30's. Along with Mossad, lol

Old 11-26-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
SoBe has definitely changed from the good old days of the 90's and early 2000s. I stopped going because a idiot threw a bottle at me because I didn't respond to his profanity laced pick up line to me. Cops were all over him and his pos friends in a heartbeat. Never went back and it's just declined since then. I have zero interest in going to Sobe after dark
I think our police department does a good job considering the crap they have to put up with. Most other coastal resort cities don't have quite the party rep that SOBE has, so they have much less of the low-class, idiot behavior to deal with.

Old 11-28-2015, 10:43 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,925,927 times
Have to shout out to Miami Beach police for being calm and professional during yesterday's rush hour suspicious package scare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami