Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 11:46 PM

683 posts, read 849,343 times

Advertisements

Just glad I moved away. It's a shame how the gave the city to Cubans. They didn't do nothing with it, but leech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 04:00 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,801,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
This government needs to put a halt of those laws that favor Cubans. It's disrespectful for other immigrants who come here and work hard, then these people waltz in and get all the benefits WITHOUT working a single day because they're this nationality. C'mon now, it's time to put this away.

And for anyone who disagrees or starts complaining....I'm CUBAN. Born there, but raised here .
I agree it needs to come to an end. Beside the laws are being abused. The Cubans used to come here because of political persecution now they come here for economic reasons. That is fine with me but then they shouldn't have privileges that immigrants from other countries don't have.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:47 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,583,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
I agree it needs to come to an end. Beside the laws are being abused. The Cubans used to come here because of political persecution now they come here for economic reasons. That is fine with me but then they shouldn't have privileges that immigrants from other countries don't have.
Well if you want Cubans to be treated equally under Immigration Laws you can start by repealing the Embargo & the Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966. This Act has been in effect for 49 years and Cuba is still a Communist country so they are considered political refugees.
Good luck with that with the Republicans in power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Adjustment_Act

deboinair Nobody gave Miami to the Cubans. You fled Miami just like others did when you saw that Cubans were taking over the political & economic system in Miami and it made you uncomfortable.
That speaks volumes about your ability to relate to others who aren't of your ethnicity and have issues with a city that isn't controlled by a "Anglo power structure".

Old 11-30-2015, 01:25 PM

301 posts, read 366,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
Just glad I moved away. It's a shame how they gave the city to the Cubans. They didn't do nothing with it, but leech.
Agreed 100%-And as Native Born Floridian of 53 years my Grandpa was a Miami Police Officer in the 1930s. I am unequivocally horrified at what Miami has become today. It simply makes me want to vomit at the thought of visiting Miami today. Most illegal and legal Cubans in Miami are treated 10x better than our most cherished American Veterans-Our great and honorable men and women who gave their life for the good of America!

Immigrants should come in to America legally and learn the language of America-English! Come in LEGALLY and assimilate and be a positive influence on your community. Help your local community, your city and become American! Be a mentor to kids and volunteer. We are not a country unless we have one language and borders. Americans are sick and tired of illegal immigrants who come in illegally and expect a free ride and take advantage of the system while American Veterans are treated like third class citizens!

Obama out ... Trump in! ... Ridiculous!

Old 12-01-2015, 11:37 AM

199 posts, read 474,242 times
Don't blame Cubans for the veterans problems. That is a problem that the government of this country has. BTW, many Cubans are also veterans and gave their lives for this country. I am glad you left Miami. This is a great city and we don't need people with your crappy attitude here. This is meant for Git Her Done.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:22 PM

400 posts, read 513,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
Americans are sick and tired of illegal immigrants who come in illegally and expect a free ride and take advantage of the system while American Veterans are treated like third class citizens!

Just like the memes floating around, that by virtue of being re-posted and re-shared become "the truth"
Illegal Immigrants do not get any benefits, other than the opportunity of earning better wages for manual labor, none of them can simply walk into a Social Security (or any other Federal and State facility) building and "get a free ride"
Veterans do have benefits. Other than posting the banner about "neglected veterans" I would really like to see documented cases when a veteran has been denied treatment "because we have to treat first an illegal immigrant".

Old 12-01-2015, 04:33 PM

31 posts, read 52,498 times
Imma have to disagree with u ELGuito I see these things happening

Old 12-01-2015, 08:02 PM

301 posts, read 366,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggerhead Shrike View Post
Don't blame Cubans for the veterans problems. That is a problem that the government of this country has. BTW, many Cubans are also veterans and gave their lives for this country. I am glad you left Miami. This is a great city and we don't need people with your crappy attitude here. This is meant for Git Her Done.
I must agree with you 100% the Obama administration is partly to blame for not helping our Veterans. I also agree with you that Cubans and many other honorable and LEGAL immigrants have served who came to America LEGALLY and they have my complete and up-most admiration and respect! Finally, your last comment tells me about your true character, and let me tell you something brother, Americans are sick and tired of rogue self entitled immigrants with bad attitudes, and people are angry. Americans are angry and unless these newly arrived immigrants don't take on a more pleasant and humble attitude, then you're gonna see some serious issues in the near future. Mock my word. And a nice day to you Sir.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:27 AM

199 posts, read 474,242 times
Quote:
I must agree with you 100% the Obama administration is partly to blame for not helping our Veterans. I also agree with you that Cubans and many other honorable and LEGAL immigrants have served who came to America LEGALLY and they have my complete and up-most admiration and respect! Finally, your last comment tells me about your true character, and let me tell you something brother, Americans are sick and tired of rogue self entitled immigrants with bad attitudes, and people are angry. Americans are angry and unless these newly arrived immigrants don't take on a more pleasant and humble attitude, then you're gonna see some serious issues in the near future. Mock my word. And a nice day to you Sir.
Are you Donald Trump? LOL He seems to want the "angry White male vote" as they say. Whenever the elections come up I always see immigrants being used as the political tool for blame for all issues. My brother lost his job to an Indian telephone operator and not an illegal immigrant. I have never competed with an illegal immigrant and would not unless I want to fix roofs or trim lawns or wash dishes. The Cubans that arrived here in the seventies when you left came legally, as practically all Cubans have. They are also very patriotic and love the USA. I do see your point regarding some of the recently-arrived Cubans though. Cubans have also worked hard to get what they have. Miami is a vibrant city thanks mostly to them and it is not the sh-t-hole you say it is. Miami is not everyone's cup of tea but there are many people that love it here. I hated New York, where I was raised, but I have moved on and I have never even visited their forum. The United States is a large country and there is a city to fit most people's likes. Miami is full of hard-working people. They are not self-entitled and are proud of what they have achieved. Many Americans think they are coming to a city where latins do the menial jobs only and are surprised that they don't bow to them and end every sentence with "Si Senor". New York is full of immigrant-descended people and they are surely not humble. Mark my Word.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:09 AM

289 posts, read 303,979 times
Quote:
Hasn't the Obama administration done more for veterans than any republican administration in recent memory? Oh yeah, it has! As far as Americans being "sick and tired of rogue entitles immigrants with bad attitudes" (whatever that means), I think you'll find that that's not really the case. A tiny, largely insignificant portion of the very worst Americans might be, but most Americans are just fine with immigrants, or at the most extreme think that there should be a smart and rational path to citizenship for everyone that wants to take it.

In fact, the idea that immigrants come here with bad attitudes and don't want to work and just want to mooch is a complete fabrication. As is the idea that immigrants are all criminals. Crime rates and employment rates among immigrants are shockingly similar to crime rates and employment rates for American Citizens of a similar socio-economic background. There really is no difference between you and a recent immigrant, except maybe proficiency in English (though it's not much of a difference. "Mock my words"??? Ok!) There are no entitled immigrants. Illegally entering the country is incredibly hard, no matter what you may think, so people immigrating illegally have already done more to secure a better future for themselves than most Americans. Whether you believe it or not, coming to America is a huge thing for most people. My family came here illegally in the early 90's from Russia (this was right after the easy defection process ended, but before formal immigration became doable). When I finally got my citizenship almost a decade ago, every single person in the room taking the citizenship oath with me was in tears. It's a big deal, and no one takes it lightly. Except hillbilly losers who think that immigrants are all out to get them and steal their jobs. Newsflash: no one wants your job, and if you're competing for jobs with unskilled labor that can barely speak english, you've failed pretty hard at life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami