Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 05:47 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times

Advertisements

Miami has lots of divided areas. Lots of crime, and not much to do. Miami Beach has more to do and seems to be a happier place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 06:06 PM

231 posts, read 587,439 times
I moved to the Boca Raton area from Seattle almost 2 years ago and just love it down here. Perfect weather, always something to do outdoors and Im a HUGE boating fanatic which I think adds ALOT to enjoying your time living down here. Traffic is heavy but people know what the gas peddle is so its not too terrible to deal with. Ive made lots of friends too. Overall I would say its been a homerun. My daughter loves it down here too...

Old 01-21-2016, 06:12 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,633,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Miami has lots of divided areas. Lots of crime, and not much to do. Miami Beach has more to do and seems to be a happier place.
If you think there is "not much to do" in South Florida, then that's on you. You almost have to try and do nothing for there to be "not much to do." Goodness, I can't keep track of all the things we are doing every weekend.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:20 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,633,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicanese View Post
imean my issues here is as the same as any man here so

we'er all humans and have two arms and two legs, im 6ft tall (i have a good height) and good looking

im doing average here in miami (but im too young, im 22) so i cannot really tell you if im doing good or not relative to people older than me who live on their own, but so far for us young folks, we got no future here

im leaving here with a girl as soon as possible (at the right time and economic stability) more north maybe to datonabeach, until the scumbags from miami start migrating north, i will then go more north to prevent traffic and wannabe agressive ppl from cuba (who do not know anything about real struggles, since they help eachother out here, unlike DR where bodies are seen in some streets) but enough talk about them

im thinking either datona beach or canada, but i heard soon in about 10 years Canada won't be doing so well cause of the young generations like me will be moving up north to bring more misery and less opportunities to others like me (overflow or overpopulation).

But definitely not miami though, i had a much better time in Dominican Republic before i moved here in miami 6 years ago, i can at least say i had a waonderful 0-17 years of my life i had so many gf's in DR, so much fun, parties, river rafting and tire rafting down rivers with friends and cousins in the countryside (where im from, Jarabacoa) as well as motorbikes, mules, horse riding, beaches, fishing, cattling etc... despite poverty and having little to no electricity or running water, i certainly had a blast in DR.

id choose DR over this crappy peninsula anytime, there's a difference between happiness and comfortability, in DR i went through a lot of crap (hunger, thirst, fights, sometimes had to eat raw meat) but it was mostly a fun time everyday and as well hard work but fair.

gringos and or americans, europeans will never understand the caribbean liftstyle, especially miamians who claim and think that their Cuban when in reality most were born here and they never set foot outside florida at all. u can clearly tell by their first-world looking faces (spotless with makeup) unlike us outside born who had to get our teeth fixed and get creams for our faces to heal our sun-spots and third-world looking phenotypes (the one i had before, sorta still have it though but with a scar on my neck and forehead).

im just being honest man, you live here and you will be saying the same as me, unless you were born in a middle or high class family then i don't blame what you said.

do not take this response as a way to insult you, i do not wish you to think that nor do i want to that at all, i understand it's a lot of typing i did, it's merely to explain to you why i think of miami as like this

A fake/wannabe caribbean peninsula with prostitutes. Most men here date outside women anyways

As I said, it's on you. You made the choice to not assimilate, complain, complain, and complain. I am not surprised you are having trouble with your love life. Personally, I had no problem dating in Florida. I dated very beautiful women and had meaningful relationships. I eventually met my wife and we have 2 children together now. I live very comfortably, I enjoy the water, even fly airplanes. And don't tell me it's because we don't understand, there were a TON of Caribbean people learning to fly when I was learning and enjoying it immensely. Heck, I have a friend with a flight school in the Bahamas.

I can't relate to anything you are saying, at all. But I know people just like you. You take absolutely not a shred of ownership for your life not working out. It can't possibly be you... it's Miami, it's the stupid girls here, it's this, it's you know, Europeans or something... nobody understand the "Caribbean Lifestyle"... blah blah blah. Quite frankly, you are insulting Caribbean people.

You seem very obsessed with women and dating. Has it occurred to you that maybe you aren't putting out a product that women want? With your negative attitude and the way you type here, it seems that way. Don't take that as an insult or anything, but you need to look in the mirror and do something better with your life and stop blaming everyone (and everyplace) for your issues.

By all means, go back to DR, sounds like a blast. You aren't happy here. You should go.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:32 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,827,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANative View Post
I moved to the Boca Raton area from Seattle almost 2 years ago and just love it down here. Perfect weather, always something to do outdoors and Im a HUGE boating fanatic which I think adds ALOT to enjoying your time living down here. Traffic is heavy but people know what the gas peddle is so its not too terrible to deal with. Ive made lots of friends too. Overall I would say its been a homerun. My daughter loves it down here too...
Too bad most people don't know what the turn signal pedal does.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:26 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
North Beach, Surfside, Haulover, Hallandale, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Pompano, Deerfield, Boca, Delray
None of the bolded are in Miami....

Haulover is in extreme north Miami.... so for someone living in gables, kendall, pinecrest it'll be a 45 minute to an hour drive up there.... and u must pay to park at Haulover..same with north beach and Surfside. . Not to mention parking is hectic and not guaranteed

So, there's really not that much easy acccess to beaches like there is in broward and palm beach. I not ragging on Miami...but it's the truth.

When I was living in Boca, I found Delray to be easily accessible, same with deerfield and Boca, so I agree with you on them, but they're not in Miami...

Old 01-22-2016, 07:32 AM

72 posts, read 76,869 times
Traffic is atrocious. It is worse here than in any other area of any state we have lived in. This is certainly not the only problem, but it is big enough to make us want to leave.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:50 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,519,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Thanks for your post. I appreciate your candid opinion. I hadn't heard much about racial strife there, but it is found in most American cities, unfortunately. I am curious as to where you are looking to move?
Family is already there. We moved to Anchorage, Alaska....

Since I Know what the next question is:

We didn't have family there, my wife did get a job there BEFORE we moved. In addition we were looking at other areas as I am going through a lot of health issues and had to retire from my job here in Miami. I'm hospitalized here at least several times more often than I am up there and I've never had to spend the night in the hospital up there as I have down here on several occasions.

The heat and humidity is really bad for my medical issues. We actually accidentally found out it was bad for my wife's health too! She is feeling much better up there than she was down here. Maybe it's because our roots go back to Northern Europe?

We love it there regardless. If you want big city life you can get it, if you don't you don't have to deal with it.

I don't care for Brickell, SoFi, SoBe, Mid Beach, North Beach....

Weird thing is that I find a lot of previous Florida residents up there. My daughter just got a new classmate a month ago from Miami... Our State Farm Rep was from Orlando, our new Bank rep. was from Ft. Lauderdale,.... I could go on and on.

It isn't for everyone and there are people that moved up there and that can't wait to leave.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:21 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
Family is already there. We moved to Anchorage, Alaska....

Since I Know what the next question is:

We didn't have family there, my wife did get a job there BEFORE we moved. In addition we were looking at other areas as I am going through a lot of health issues and had to retire from my job here in Miami. I'm hospitalized here at least several times more often than I am up there and I've never had to spend the night in the hospital up there as I have down here on several occasions.

The heat and humidity is really bad for my medical issues. We actually accidentally found out it was bad for my wife's health too! She is feeling much better up there than she was down here. Maybe it's because our roots go back to Northern Europe?

We love it there regardless. If you want big city life you can get it, if you don't you don't have to deal with it.

I don't care for Brickell, SoFi, SoBe, Mid Beach, North Beach....

Weird thing is that I find a lot of previous Florida residents up there. My daughter just got a new classmate a month ago from Miami... Our State Farm Rep was from Orlando, our new Bank rep. was from Ft. Lauderdale,.... I could go on and on.

It isn't for everyone and there are people that moved up there and that can't wait to leave.

If you and your wife have poor health, Miami is not the place to be as big cities can be stressful. Miami's air quality is tops in the country, but humidity is bad, however parts of the south wish they were shoveling humidity rather than snow. To me winter weather is much more stressful than summer.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:29 AM

699 posts, read 610,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
None of the bolded are in Miami....

Haulover is in extreme north Miami.... so for someone living in gables, kendall, pinecrest it'll be a 45 minute to an hour drive up there.... and u must pay to park at Haulover..same with north beach and Surfside. . Not to mention parking is hectic and not guaranteed

So, there's really not that much easy acccess to beaches like there is in broward and palm beach. I not ragging on Miami...but it's the truth.

When I was living in Boca, I found Delray to be easily accessible, same with deerfield and Boca, so I agree with you on them, but they're not in Miami...
Is paying to park such a big deal? You're already paying for gas to drive to the beaches anyway, why not another 20$ to park your car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami