Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 03:14 PM

874 posts, read 899,748 times

Advertisements

Well, it seems you've been lucky... but you can't expect that luck to be permanent. Spend the $5 and avoid the issue altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 06:10 PM

400 posts, read 515,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero View Post
.... I passed through that toll plaza like 7 times since 2013. So, I don't know what happened.
7 times in almost 3 years, hmm.
The system has written You off as not worth spending the paper and post stamp value

Old 02-26-2016, 11:53 PM

823 posts, read 1,125,660 times
Quote:
Nope. I have nothing obstructing my plate. It is very clear.

I also have never received any single notice from the toll-by-plate company

I have checked here and it doesn't say anything out of normal

https://services.flhsmv.gov/MVCheckWeb/

I'm 100% positive I went through that toll plaza

I guess their systems are not as good as they claim
They'll most likely refer your tag to a collection agency, who will track you down and add a $30 collection fee to your tolls due. The turnpike admin doesn't try very hard to find you, but the collection agency will. Just another case of the well known Florida corruption at work.
I believe you can go on the Sunpass website, enter your tag #, and see if you have any outstanding tolls due.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:33 AM

183 posts, read 270,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unquiltom View Post
They'll most likely refer your tag to a collection agency, who will track you down and add a $30 collection fee to your tolls due. The turnpike admin doesn't try very hard to find you, but the collection agency will. Just another case of the well known Florida corruption at work.
I believe you can go on the Sunpass website, enter your tag #, and see if you have any outstanding tolls due.
nope, never received anything

never received no collection regarding this

I already went to the sunpass, the only option to check as a non sunpass customer, redirects you to the pay by toll website, which has no option to check by tag whatsoever, i tried creating an account, and it wont let me, saying, cannot add vehicle

I dare you to find a way to check your tags

https://www.tollbyplate.com/index

Old 02-27-2016, 07:34 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
Quote:
lmao

yet I was able to renew my tags since 2013 with no problems.

Also, how come I never received any notification?
idk bruh, i was just messin wit chaaa.

Don't worry about it. If you've never received anything you're probably good to go.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:28 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
The system is designed to violate your rights. If an officer gives you a citation, you are served in person and have someone to cross-examine in court. With a camera you have no one to question and no verifiable notice. They do not even have to actually mail you anything, just pretend like they did and suspend your license. You have no power to seek damages against those crooks. My car has a license plate flipper and I always flip it whenever I know cameras are present. However, I routinely check the status of my driver's license for mistakes. Since there is no punishment for them wrongly suspending your right to drive, why should they even try to be accurate?

Old 02-29-2016, 06:56 AM

604 posts, read 618,165 times
Sunpass' tool by plate system is prone to errors. Its accuracy is way below what they want to admit.

On the other hand, there can be horror stories too:

SUNPASS BILLING ERROR LEADS TO $13,500 IN FINES FOR MIAMI DRIVER
SunPass Billing Error Leads To $13,500 In Fines For Miami Driver | Miami New Times

Old 03-01-2016, 08:22 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,571,784 times
I was in Miami for a confernece in 2014, I did not have a sunpass at the time. Toll by tag worked, I got a bill in the mail, several times LOL. It got put in the pile until I had to renew my tags in 2015, I had to pay before I could renew my registration.

Its possible camera could not read your tag properly, obstructed or clear covering etc. It could have gone to another person as well. (If your recall in 2012 we were supposed to get a new design of tag here in FL so they could be read more easily with camera. http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/12/18...license-plate/ That was put on hold. I hate the myFLORIDA.com tags BTW) I got a toll by plate from a road in NC I had never been on. The picture showed a flat-bed truck, my car was a hyndai elantra GT at the time... so they can get it wrong.

Its easy and cheap to get a transponder. You can put it on prepaid card so its not automatically coming out of bank account. I don't like automatic payments, I worked for a bank and saw some horrible mistakes that take forever to resolve, $90.00 payment was overenencoded for $900... took weeks to resolve. I know I usually don't have $900 extra in checking account to wait for resolution. The errors are not that common thankfully

Old 03-01-2016, 08:29 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,676,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
The system is designed to violate your rights. If an officer gives you a citation, you are served in person and have someone to cross-examine in court. With a camera you have no one to question and no verifiable notice. They do not even have to actually mail you anything, just pretend like they did and suspend your license. You have no power to seek damages against those crooks. My car has a license plate flipper and I always flip it whenever I know cameras are present. However, I routinely check the status of my driver's license for mistakes. Since there is no punishment for them wrongly suspending your right to drive, why should they even try to be accurate?
You don't have to drive on the toll road. They always have warning sign before the last exit so you can avoid driving on their road.
And, by the way, you do NOT have a right to drive. It is an assigned privilege, which can be withdrawn by the State. And we all pay for that privilege.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: