Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 12:52 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,939,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
A quick zillow search brought up at least 15 studios on Miami beach in that range.
You have to watch out because many Realtors leave their listing on even though it has been rented, then when you inquire, they'll tell you "I can help you find a similar place."

Still, it may be possible to find a place close to $1200 by doing some legwork and calling the management company # in front of a building. Most Realtors don't really deal with anything below $1400 or so, plus you'd likely need first/last/security and employment to go through a Realtor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 01:15 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,633,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
You have to watch out because many Realtors leave their listing on even though it has been rented, then when you inquire, they'll tell you "I can help you find a similar place."

Still, it may be possible to find a place close to $1200 by doing some legwork and calling the management company # in front of a building. Most Realtors don't really deal with anything below $1400 or so, plus you'd likely need first/last/security and employment to go through a Realtor.
Correct. But there is nothing wrong with calling 5 - 10 places. Point being, you can certainly find places on South Beach for under $1500 and a low move in rate. $23k is well more than enough to make the move if you are responsible with your housing and spending.

I imagine showing employment would be the most challenging to get a rental for this person. But that can be overcome.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
You started off this thread saying there were plenty of rentals between 1100-1200, now you're forced to show listings for 1300?

Whose the clueless one my friend, stick to giving advice on Davie
I showed places at $1300 because that's what you and I were talking about. Context. As I said, there are multiple websites that show plenty of listings in that $1200 range.

Your comments are just, wrong. As in, factually incorrect. That needs to be addressed and I did. As I said, it's all documented in the thread, no point in continuing this nonsense. I won't respond back again. Ciao.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:24 PM

892 posts, read 859,713 times
OP, please listen to BNBR, he knows what's he talking about.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:36 PM

To compare, looking at apartments no less than 2,000$ a month (all higher) gives this as a result:

Keep in mind, anything well below market price is a scam, illegal sublet or will go very fast and you will be lucky to find it.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:37 PM

Scams, they all must be scams! And make sure to pay at least $1,000 in "HOA fee" (whatever that is), on top of any sort of HOA application fee. You should need at least $500,000 to move in to a studio in Miami. Furniture and stuff.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Scams, they all must be scams!
Do you even know how to read or are you dyslexic? The vast majority of those properties are above 1300, in fact many of them seem to be 1500$

Are you the kind of genius who reads 1500$ as 1150$ maybe?

And just because you don't know what a HOA deposit is, doesn't mean that there isn't any. I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself even more, Miami Beach is not your area and it clearly shows.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
Do you even know how to read or are you dyslexic? The vast majority of those properties are above 1300, in fact many of them seem to be 1500$

Are you the kind of genius who reads 1500$ as 1150$ maybe?

And just because you don't know what a HOA deposit is, doesn't mean that there isn't any. I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself even more, Miami Beach is not your area and it clearly shows.

Look closely, plenty of cheaper units. You are nitpicking. I used a practical number to show plenty well under $2,000. 81 properties on Realtor for under $1500. Many under $1300 also with a few below $1200.

Craigslist shows a boat load of units under $1200 in Miami Beach and NMB. As always, beware of scams, but I guarantee that these are not all scams. Common due-diligence.

HOA fees are VERY rare. You make comments like "if it has an HOA, you'll pay $1000 fee" as though it's a common practice. It's not. Most units for rent, I guarantee, have no "HOA fee" - which I'm sure you mean an extra security deposit that the HOA requires on top of that of the landlord.

Really, I'm done this time. Ciao.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:19 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,827,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm8082 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Would signing a 6 month lease and giving the 6 months up front be an option? Not sure what the leases are like there. I know in Rhode Island (where i'm currently living), you have to sign a year lease. Just trying to avoid getting a job right away, because I would like some time to relax, get familiar with the area, and adapt to the change before I go back into the office life.
Relax?

You aren't coming here in vacation. You have to hit the ground running if you want to get somewhere.

Fuggetabout relaxing.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:16 PM

874 posts, read 899,921 times
Ok, I'm not going to open the MLS and engage in the rent discussion, but I will go back over the following:

1) you will have an easier time finding a rental if you have a job lined up. And perhaps more importantly, that whole job thing may influence where you want to work.

2) be extremely careful if you look below the average rent.

Best of luck, and find someone you trust to help you find a good place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami