Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:55 AM

6 posts, read 37,594 times

Advertisements

Im interested in moving to Miami and yes i have been put off by alot of people on here saying that Miami is a hell hole!!! But despite this i like the look of Coral Gables, can anybody tell me what it is like here with regards to renting, jobs, crime etc? thanks in advance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 10:33 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,057,400 times
Well what do you do? And what is your rent budget? Do you have any kids? Need a little more info to answer your questions better.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:36 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,019,505 times
Coral Gables is a very ritzy city filled with very very rich people. The tree canopied streets are absolutely beautiful. A very nice place to live and enjoy yourself. Very trendy with vilage of merrick park nearby. To get a nice house in coral gables, plan on spending at least 600K. Coral Gables has always been synonymous with the lifestyles of the rich and famous.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:27 AM

Apoligies, my fiancee and i work in childcare, fiancee is a manager of a children's home and i myself work in a children's home whilst also work as a teaching assistant in a private school. Currently we pay 800 uk pounds a month rent but could go up to 1000 uk pounds here at a push!! We were hoping to pay around the same in the US. hope thats enough info

Old 02-13-2008, 02:46 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,383,204 times
If you want to know the crime activity that is reported for the last month and half in the area you are looking at, just go to this website and zoom into the area, and you can see the crime, code violations, sex offenders/predators, taxes, etc.

Miami-Dade County - My Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz33 View Post
Im interested in moving to Miami and yes i have been put off by alot of people on here saying that Miami is a hell hole!!! But despite this i like the look of Coral Gables, can anybody tell me what it is like here with regards to renting, jobs, crime etc? thanks in advance..

Old 02-13-2008, 04:05 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,311,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz33 View Post
Come visit, try to plan three trips, come in winter, twice in summer (beginning and end) and then some where in between. See it for yourself and make sure you drive as many places as you can. Try to find out local spots to eat and mingle so you can get a feel of what the natives are like. Research jobs in your field and what the pay is. Then look into rent and house purchasing in the area your interested in. Coral Gables is pretty, very latin looking/feeling (the homes). Best of luck

Old 02-13-2008, 04:06 PM

Thanks everybody for your advice

Old 02-15-2008, 06:54 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,024,331 times
Good Luck Gaz33,
Personally I would definitely recomend Coral Gables as a fine place to work and live.
Nice neighborhoods, good schools and first rate Police and Fire Departments.
The median income there is high, but there are places that can be found within the city to live that are obtainable.
It is a lovely place to work and live.
Take Care.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:42 PM

60 posts, read 283,369 times
Coral Gables is a great city. Their are few cities in this country that can offer you more. It offers a very good quality of life and it is a beautiful exceptional city.

Miami has some bad areas, but come on what city doesn't. Ft. Lauderdale and Broward have plenty of bad areas and in fact it seems lately their is alot more crime in Broward than in Dade. Their are a couple of jerks who post on this website who all they seem to do is bash Dade county all day. I'm sure they've never actually lived in Miami, but they post like if they are lifelong residents. They are people who've relocated down here from New York, live in their gated communities in Broward or Palm Beach and all they know about Miami is what they see in the nightly news. Granted their is some crime here, but if you notice it's pretty much in a certain area. As long as you don't live their, you'll be fine.

In case no one has noticed, Broward and Palm Beach are looking more and more like Dade everyday. If you don't like it, then move to a gated community in the mountains of North Carolina and you can live a nice perfectly boring life with other people that look just like you.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:41 PM

197 posts, read 666,232 times
The city of Doral could be a nice alternative!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami