Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 11:05 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,784,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
I wouldn't say that the CTS V is trailer trash or handles like a boat but I can understand Lusiphur knocking its build quality. It is not garbage but it is not up to par with the competition. For $85,000 you should receive more, you are basically getting a $45,000 Cadillac with a bigger engine and some goodies that is costing you $35,000 more. The difference is way too much. An $85,000 Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, or Lexus is a higher tier vehicle, it is not a $45,000 model loaded up to $85,000.
Well, a C63 also costs somewhere near $85,000, but is really a garden variety C class with a big engine and some other go fast bits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 09:24 AM

638 posts, read 972,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
70%? What country do you think we are talking about here?
I meant he keeps 70%, so he's taxed at 30%

Old 06-02-2016, 12:36 PM

289 posts, read 303,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Well, a C63 also costs somewhere near $85,000, but is really a garden variety C class with a big engine and some other go fast bits.
I don't know how it works with the AMG cars, since I've never been a Mercedes fan (I feel like they look really dated very quickly), but with BMW M-cars that's not exactly true. If you get an M3, for example, you're not getting a 3-series with a bigger engine and some go-fast parts. It's basically a completely different platform that's been reworked from the ground-up for improved performance. I can't imagine it's much different for AMG cars (though if it is, and it is a bone-stock c-class chassis with some bolt-ons, feel free to correct me).

The CTS-V, on the other hand, is a run of the mill Caddy with a bigger engine and stiffer springs. It's basically what other luxury car companies would call a sport package.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:12 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,607,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusiphur View Post
I don't know how it works with the AMG cars, since I've never been a Mercedes fan (I feel like they look really dated very quickly), but with BMW M-cars that's not exactly true. If you get an M3, for example, you're not getting a 3-series with a bigger engine and some go-fast parts. It's basically a completely different platform that's been reworked from the ground-up for improved performance. I can't imagine it's much different for AMG cars (though if it is, and it is a bone-stock c-class chassis with some bolt-ons, feel free to correct me).

The CTS-V, on the other hand, is a run of the mill Caddy with a bigger engine and stiffer springs. It's basically what other luxury car companies would call a sport package.
I'd definitely take an M3 over a CTS-V any day. Regardless of which one is faster. Though my M3 is faster than a CTSV

Old 06-02-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusiphur View Post

That is correct, M-versions of BMW are very different cars compared to their non-M siblings.

Although I remember back in mid 2000's there was an M3 that kept on blowing engines due to piston failures, so something there was not engineered for improved performance.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
I'd definitely take an M3 over a CTS-V any day. Regardless of which one is faster. Though my M3 is faster than a CTSV
Meh, everyone has an M3 around our area. I would take a CTS-V just to be different.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:54 PM

35,370 posts, read 20,743,230 times
you can make it- I moved out to Orlando for other reasons- utilities were high but we had a 4 bed 3 bath with pool

Old 06-03-2016, 08:05 PM

22,192 posts, read 29,184,054 times
An IS350 will fit in just fine in Miami. It's considered a nice car. If you really want to go up look into the GS F. May not be as fast as the CTSV but it's much better quality. I would even look into the RC F as well.

As for rent, look into Brickell so you can look at some water for that price you want to pay. Just be prepared that insurance on your cars will be a lot higher there in Miami.

Definitely look into the one pay lease. It will save you money

Old 06-03-2016, 11:38 PM

106 posts, read 221,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonytime224 View Post
I've done some research here.
2800 would be my take home pay on a bi weekly basis.

4 weeks of income=5600 after tax

Rent=1700
Car + insurance=1350

2550 left
200 groceries
80 gym
1000 partying
500 clothes

This is adorable. Like a teenager getting his first job at Arby's and planning to conquer the world. For a lifestyle that includes 1000 a month in partying and 500 in clothes, a 100K salary is not going to cut it. I like your enthusiasm and lust for life but you asked for advice and you are being dismissive of the people who gave you the most sound advice. Being realistic does not equal being negative.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:34 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,607,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralsex View Post
This is adorable. Like a teenager getting his first job at Arby's and planning to conquer the world. For a lifestyle that includes 1000 a month in partying and 500 in clothes, a 100K salary is not going to cut it. I like your enthusiasm and lust for life but you asked for advice and you are being dismissive of the people who gave you the most sound advice. Being realistic does not equal being negative.

So cute.....

His numbers seem fairly reasonable to me. He is getting a residence that is $1500 cheaper than what he can afford. $1700 for an apartment on a $100k income is very conservative. If he wants to spend money partying and buying an expensive car, he can certainly afford it. Good for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami