Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 09:12 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,821,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamismo View Post

Once people start taking responsibility of their own actions the world might change. Until then the ignorance and foolishness is going to drive the world to it's destruction.​

One of the most ironic posts of all time. In a post where you call people shallow and horrible for not helping others, you say 'people should take responsibility for their own actions. How about this one - if you can't physically, emotionally, and financially support children, don't bring them into the world hoping society will raise them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 09:16 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,316,311 times
Quote:
is that it's fake. It's plastic, probably more so than any other city in the world. Every latin guy is a bodybuilder on steroids, especially the Cubans. All the females have gotten plastic surgery, liposuction, Brazilian butt lifts, chest implants, facial plastic surgery, etc. If you go their facebook profile, they all have pictures of their bodies, cars, houses, material possessions​, travels, etc. Miami is the melting pot for quite a few cultures, but deep down they're all the same. The blind drive for money and amount of ignorance that comes with it. ​​

Miami is a great place for real estate, import/export business, vacationing, partying and doing dope. For living, not really. It's nothing but a harbor from where people eventually move elsewhere.
Miami is fake but at the same time as real as it gets. The reflection from $500,000 condos and $45,000 SUVs can't be missed. Poverty keeps on raising along side crime. I can easily understand why some commit crimes on rich people. It isn't a jealous crime, it aint against successful but ignorant people who do nothing for the community, society, the poor the ones in need of help. Miami is being filled with people living in a wonderland, out of reality. These same people are driving everyone else out of the city.

Selfishness,​ ​I guess that would be the word for a lot of people in here. It's all about making it in the game, being greedier and colder than anyone else and being proud of it. These type of people are a disgrace to the human race. This is the culture northerners have proudly imported here. They brought an ideology that's responsible for poverty and crimes. Sitting in the traffic in the 45k ride, drinking the luxury coffee and complaining about the circumstances they are in. Complaining about immigrants, different cultures, different styles to drive, eat, walk and speak. All that energy is just to cry about diversity.. at the same time folks are being starved to death, born in crack houses, enjoying the opera of machine guns at night. This is the result of greed, there's a limited amount of money available.. people are gonna get theirs one way or the other.

Once people start taking responsibility of their own actions the world might change. Until then the ignorance and foolishness is going to drive the world to it's destruction.​
I lived in Broward and Miami for years. I have to agree, South Florida as a whole is very fake and uncultured. There are pockets of normality, but they are far and few.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:01 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,920,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go-getta-J View Post
You say it has nothing to do with jealousy but your post oozes nothing but it. You only see what you choose to see, which is that everyone is Miami is either a steroided out bodybuilder or fake instagram model.

Step outside of your South Beach bubble. Maybe your issue is the people you choose to associate with.
The Miami metro has all kinds of people with different personalities,interests, and life goals; something for everyone.
I live in South Beach a block off Washington, and I should be flattered to be considered a "bodybuilder" and my significant other an "instagram model!" Nope, no $45k car parked downstairs either--I take the bus, walk, and bike.

What the OP is describing is more like a "bubble within the South Beach bubble." Namely, an imaginary Hollywood bubble. Believe me, there is plenty of diversity and variety even within SoBe.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:50 AM

7,379 posts, read 6,450,129 times
yeah, that's what I've observed from my visits and, hopefully, soon to be new home (SoBe) once my just listed condo in San Diego sells.

But I have also seen the same crap in SoCal, or FauxCal....LA has its share but Orange County is even worse, especially Newport Beach--but that does not represent all of SoCal....in almost any warm weather, well to do neighborhood you are almost always going to have your share of phonies and poseurs who bottom feed off the well to do and try to project a false image hoping to con others out of their money....bottom line, if someone has to tell you how great they are, how much they have, how often they get laid, etc. etc. odds are they are full of crap and just move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
I live in South Beach a block off Washington, and I should be flattered to be considered a "bodybuilder" and my significant other an "instagram model!" Nope, no $45k car parked downstairs either--I take the bus, walk, and bike.

What the OP is describing is more like a "bubble within the South Beach bubble." Namely, an imaginary Hollywood bubble. Believe me, there is plenty of diversity and variety even within SoBe.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:15 PM

2,480 posts, read 1,851,330 times
What? Nobody from Miami wished you Happy Birthday on Facebook either?

Old 06-23-2016, 11:22 PM

59 posts, read 168,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
What? Nobody from Miami wished you Happy Birthday on Facebook either?
cool story bro

Old 06-24-2016, 07:53 AM

4,733 posts, read 2,588,471 times
in my best Tony Montana voice......"say hello to my little friend"

Old 06-24-2016, 10:01 PM

289 posts, read 303,762 times
It's funny because this is the same **** that people say about every city, except the really terrible ones. They said this about NYC when I lived there. They said that about DC when I lived there. Hell, they're saying it about Detroit and Newark and Philly now.

What it comes out to is a bad case of sour grapes and "stop liking what I don't like".

Old 06-25-2016, 07:20 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,641,389 times
Stupid post which is factually inaccurate.
It's just his/her opinion.... Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

The biggest downside to Miami IMO is the reliable traffic. There's almost always traffic!

Old 06-28-2016, 01:30 AM

8,070 posts, read 6,931,295 times
Quote:
is that it's fake. It's plastic​
Yawn...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami