Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 08:19 PM

2 posts, read 5,275 times

Advertisements

Very Urgent Please.

Hi All,

I would like to move from Boston to Miami for my Office Work. could you please help us in below points

1. I work near Coral Gables. Please suggest me which area (Indian community),would be nearer to take for rent and also safest. I can afford around 600 to max 800 $, extra 200$ for Internet, Power etc.
2. Please help me how much health Insurance & Car Insurance would be costing for a family.

Please help.

Regards
Ram
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 06:35 AM

874 posts, read 899,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rams_vj9 View Post
Very Urgent Please.

Hi All,

I would like to move from Boston to Miami for my Office Work. could you please help us in below points

1. I work near Coral Gables. Please suggest me which area (Indian community),would be nearer to take for rent and also safest. I can afford around 600 to max 800 $, extra 200$ for Internet, Power etc.
2. Please help me how much health Insurance & Car Insurance would be costing for a family.

Please help.

Regards
Ram
Ram, Miami is a very expensive city. $600-800 is not going to get you much more than a bedroom in someone's house (maybe).

There definitely is a very small Indian (from India) population around. You might want to reach out to some of the temples or gathering places to see if they have specific ideas to help you. We don't even have many good Indian restaurants, much less an Indian neighborhood. There is one okay Indian restaurant in Coconut Grove.

There's also a large native american population, but I think you were asking about the ones from India?

There are too many variables to even guess what insurance will cost. Go to something like esurance and gets some quotes.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:14 PM

2 posts, read 5,275 times
Hi all,

Could Please suggest best places to live in Miami for Indian family, work location is Alhambra Circle.

1. Require Indian Grocery near by.
2.Please help me like how much it will cost for a family of three to stay in Miami, including Health Insurance, Car Loan, Car Insurance, House Rent, Internet, Power Bill, Groceries.

Thanks.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:42 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,162,317 times
Quote:
Hi all,

Could Please suggest best places to live in Miami for Indian family, work location is Alhambra Circle.

1. Require Indian Grocery near by.
2.Please help me like how much it will cost for a family of three to stay in Miami, including Health Insurance, Car Loan, Car Insurance, House Rent, Internet, Power Bill, Groceries.

Thanks.
I am not sure that an Indian Grocer even exists in Miami. I have never heard of one and I have never heard of the existence of a significant Indian community. If either or both do exist, I'd be curious to know about it.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:24 PM

874 posts, read 899,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
I am not sure that an Indian Grocer even exists in Miami. I have never heard of one and I have never heard of the existence of a significant Indian community. If either or both do exist, I'd be curious to know about it.
There are a couple of Indian/Pakistani grocers in the county actually. There's a small one called "Spice and Curry" near FIU, catering mostly to the students. I prefer a second that is off Miami Gardens drive in Hialeah (sorry, I can't remember the name). From what I understand, most of the Indian population prefers to drive to Broward when doing serious shopping, because the stores up there have a better selection.

There are a few Hindu temples (sorry if I'm not getting the terminology right here) also around.. two in Doral? A Sikh place down in Kendall I think. All of them are pretty non-descript, so you'll have to know someone or have good google skills to find them. Again, Broward county offers more options.

There are quite a few Indians living in the Las Vistas complex off 79th ave in Doral. I suspect this reflects the relatively affordable price (for Doral) and access to the school system (which has mostly A grades in the State ranking).

However, the cheapest 2 bedroom unit in Las Vistas today is $1600 per month, twice your preferred budget.

Cheapest purchase in the community is $210,000 for a 2 bedroom in what appears to be move-in condition.

There might be some other options nearby marginally cheaper, but this is a pretty expensive area to live in.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:11 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,939,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
The only place I know of is Foodtown up in Davie (Broward County). They also have a large Asian and middle eastern selection. I swear, half of the people working at that place are Indian. But an Indian friend told me there is a small place somewhere in Miami, though he also had to go up to Foodtown for a lot of stuff.

There are also a couple of Indian restaurants scattered in North Miami Beach, so that may be the closest thing to an Indian community in Miami-Dade. It's a very difficult commute to Alhambra Circle, though--even more so from Davie! You may be best staying around the University of Miami in Coral Gables--a significant amount of Indian students and faculty. But it's not cheap, though. At the least, you're looking at 1200 for a 1 br., and something for a family would be way more.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:22 AM

604 posts, read 618,323 times
Cheap, safe, close to Coral Gables. Pick two, you can't have them all. And forget about adding 'Indian' to the mix

Old 07-14-2016, 08:13 AM

12 posts, read 14,085 times
Quote:
Very Urgent Please.

Hi All,

Please help.

Regards
Ram

I live in Coral Gables and I can tell you that your budget will not get you much here. you can look for a studio apartment (efficiency) on craigslist to get an idea of what you can get for $800 in surrounding areas. so you have an idea, the going rate for an efficiency in little Havana (nearby to north coral cables) is $700+.
Since it looks like you will be working in downtown coral gables you can definitely try further north or west. Unless you want to commute for long distance you options are limited.
you don't mention if you are alone or moving with family or partner. most 1 bedroom condos in coral gables start at $1500, again check craigslist and realtor.com to get a better feel of area (zip code 33134). there is a good area nearby called flagami where you might find lower rent but older homes.
unless you are making six figures you will need to lower your standards.
Also, don't forget car insurance, gas, tolls and parking (unless your employer will cover) is very expensive in Miami and you should add that expense to your budget. Cable and internet are $150 but if you rent an efficiency it will probably be included in rent. Electricity is definitely over $100/month. again efficiency will include all those expenses.

good luck

Old 07-19-2016, 02:00 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,364,475 times
Quote:
Very Urgent Please.

Hi All,

Please help.

Regards
Ram
I don't think that rent is doable, unless you are willing to take a studio or maybe a bedroom in someone's home like others have suggested. Also, you won't be able to find Indian neighborhoods in Miami. South Florida isn't like the north east, in that people don't tend to congregate in neighborhoods based on ethnicity. I would suggest Coconut Grove but I think it may be out of your price range.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:57 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,633,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I don't think that rent is doable, unless you are willing to take a studio or maybe a bedroom in someone's home like others have suggested. Also, you won't be able to find Indian neighborhoods in Miami. South Florida isn't like the north east, in that people don't tend to congregate in neighborhoods based on ethnicity. I would suggest Coconut Grove but I think it may be out of your price range.
South Florida is no different. Whether it's ethnicity, language, etc. People definitely congregate in certain areas in South Florida. There is a bunch of Indian restaurants and a grocery by my office, I can assure you that's because there is a decent Indian population there.

You have white neighborhoods, black neighborhoods, gay neighborhoods, spanish speaking, - Venezuelans definitely love Weston. Hialeah... The neighborhoods are very much segregated.

It's interesting that you haven't noticed it, I guess. Good for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami