Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 05:49 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste68 View Post
I have eaten in a lot Italian restaurant and excuse me but the quality is very less.
Most people wouldn't know quality if you shoved it in their mouths. Most people eat outside the house because they have to due to work schedule or travel, because it is convenient, because they do not want to or know how to cook, because they do not want to clean the kitchen, because they are too tired. Most people want fast, not expensive, and quantity to fill their stomachs.

That is what you are competing against.

Personally, I have always said that the best restaurant, by far, is my house. And so did my nonna who lived to 95.

Anyway, as we have already mentioned, concentrate on areas where people have enough income and wealth at a point where they might begin to seriously care about quality and know the difference.

As mentioned, the start-up costs could be as low as $150,000, but maybe as high as $1.5 million or more. There are so many variables.

As mentioned, instead of Miami-Dade County, I would focus on Hollywood/Fort Lauderale, Boca Raton/Delray Beach, Palm Beach, Naples and other southwestern coastal communities nearby (maybe as far north as Sarasota).

In any case, only invest as much as you can afford to lose.

In bocca al lupo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 07:24 AM

526 posts, read 376,496 times
Thank you bale002 for your advice. I have always cooked with passion, for me the quality is the thing most important. The people doesn't come from me to fill the stomach but for enjoy a good Italian cooking.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:51 AM

604 posts, read 617,742 times
You will soon realize that outside of Italy nobody cares if the amatriciana is done with guanciale or pancetta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste68 View Post
I don't need a partner and I have a staff very competitive.
Let's talk immigration.
You can get a visa by investing and hiring locals. There are local firms that will help you draft a business plan the way they want to see it, and the immigration lawyers will do the rest.

The 'staff' thing can get complicated. Unless you mean professional chefs with proven experience at top level, the staff will face immigration issues. Visas for qualified workers are very, very limited.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:30 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,631,226 times
South Florida has plenty of QUALITY Italian restaurants as we have plenty of Italians who have come here and done exactly what the OP is saying.

Yes, you can open a restaurant in Antarctica if you want. You can open one anywhere. I'm not really sure what the OP is even asking.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:31 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post
Honestly, it can be done as cheaply as $150K and the sky is the limit if you go high end.

If you really want to do quality, you definitely should avoid south beach, and instead opt for one of the wealthy communities of Coral Gables, Doral, or Weston.
Weston has a few *nice* Italian restaurants already, but we could always use more, if they are good:

Acquolina

Bellini Italian Bistro | Weston Restaurant

http://www.angeloeliapizza.com/menus/weston-menu/

Tarantella Ristorante - Weston Town Center

Pizza Heaven | (954) 349-4566

https://acfp.com/location/weston/

I would like to see something like this in Weston
Bin18

Old 08-10-2016, 06:33 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,875,478 times
Come on down to Miami Beach man we need more high end restaurants.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:38 AM

BNBR, I don't understand what you say!! There are many Italian restaurant? There are many Italian with my idea? Where is the problem? I try only advice!! This is e forum?!

Old 08-18-2016, 02:29 AM

I see that there is too much confusion about immigration.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:46 AM

170 posts, read 189,991 times
There are very dense neighborborhoods all over Miami-Dade especially in the Northeast areas through Kendall. Opening a takeout as you described may very well be successful. I get hungry everytime I see your post. I love to get take out that's tasty and not too expensive. If I was you, I'd run it from a warehouse/industrial area and market it like crazy since the rent prices are crazy expensive in locations with walk traffic and this is mostly lunch patrons.

If you could do it with yourself and one or two family/employees from start you may do very well. Hurry-up, I want to try your food

Old 08-18-2016, 05:51 AM

The my idea about the take away is this. Open two stores in areas where there is many people, areas where rents are very dear then I must take a small place, then I take a place in areas cheaper where I make production and deliver to stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami