Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 01:41 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjam View Post
Since the start of this year, how many crimes occured in your own neighbourhood, and what type of crimes.
Also, how many murders or other serious violence occured in your own neighbourhood in the past two years. Tell about it. Do not include the guys that murder the wife or vice versa, or any other domestic violence, that's their busuness.
And if it's gang on gang or drug related it dont count.
And what's your area. Zip would be helpfull. I wish all would put their zip so ppl can know where they are talking about. Mine is 19144 in Philly. Good and bad areas, black with some white and Jew. Germantown, a historical part of Philadelphia. Middle income and working class ppl.
When I say crime, I am not just talking about "murders or other serious violence" as you said. I am also talking about home break-ins, car burgalaries, etc.

I don't know the exact numbers in my totally neighborhood of murders, violent crimes etc. DO YOU KNOW THIS INFORMATION ON YOUR AREA???? As far as I know in 2007 we have had 5 home break-ins and 3 car burgalaries (just on my block alone not including the next block over or the whole neighborhood). I am sure I don't know of all the crimes in my neighborhood do you? If you do, let me know how I can find out about my neighborhood.

I have said were I live, 2 miles east of Pinecrest (look it up), its a well off area (500,000 to well over a million), you can't say anything bad about it. Check it!!!! There are no bad areas per se in this area (yes howard but its only like 15 homes). Crime comes into good areas that is what the cops have said and they don't do anything about it other than take a report. One neighborhood in my zipcode has actually gotten together and pays the entire salary of a State Tropper to patrol their neighborhood only, so they know their homes are safe when they are at work. You shouldn't have to do this, if Miami is safe as you say it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 02:04 PM

929 posts, read 1,156,838 times
doggiebus, just wow.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:45 PM

183 posts, read 567,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
When I say crime, I am not just talking about "murders or other serious violence" as you said. I am also talking about home break-ins, car burgalaries, etc.

I don't know the exact numbers in my totally neighborhood of murders, violent crimes etc. DO YOU KNOW THIS INFORMATION ON YOUR AREA???? As far as I know in 2007 we have had 5 home break-ins and 3 car burgalaries (just on my block alone not including the next block over or the whole neighborhood). I am sure I don't know of all the crimes in my neighborhood do you? If you do, let me know how I can find out about my neighborhood.

I have said were I live, 2 miles east of Pinecrest (look it up), its a well off area (500,000 to well over a million), you can't say anything bad about it. Check it!!!! There are no bad areas per se in this area (yes howard but its only like 15 homes). Crime comes into good areas that is what the cops have said and they don't do anything about it other than take a report. One neighborhood in my zipcode has actually gotten together and pays the entire salary of a State Tropper to patrol their neighborhood only, so they know their homes are safe when they are at work. You shouldn't have to do this, if Miami is safe as you say it is.
There is a neighbourhood newspaper here that lists the crimes in my area of Philly.
5 home break-ins on your block this year? That's too many. That's crisis level. Something is wrong there. It's got to be it's easy pickings for burglers. How many houses are displaying they have alarm systems?

Old 04-07-2007, 02:47 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
The amazing thing is that right now, at my parents home 5 police cars raced by. I hear sirens so often, it makes me wonder if it really is safe here!

Old 04-07-2007, 02:49 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
funny i find hurricanes one of the pluses of miami. its fun to camp in your house. i enjoy the man vs nature survivalist thing.
I hope that's a joke.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:56 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
Well I like them as well!

Old 04-07-2007, 02:57 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Well I like them as well!
If you ever lose your house you won't!

Old 04-07-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjam View Post
There is a neighbourhood newspaper here that lists the crimes in my area of Philly.
5 home break-ins on your block this year? That's too many. That's crisis level. Something is wrong there. It's got to be it's easy pickings for burglers. How many houses are displaying they have alarm systems?
We have the same thing in the newspaper, I just don't read the Miami Herald...Crisis Level, yes exactly and I live in a good neighborhood, just think what just ok areas are like in Miami, so you see why I think Miami isn't safe. I don't know how many homes on my block display their alarm systems a few do. A police man once told me if you have an alarm to not display it, as it gives to much info to the thieves, he also said to not park all your cars in the garage as it looks like no one is home, some of my neighbors park all their cars in the garage, even though many don't work or work from home. This did happen to friends of mine, they live in a nice area and they parked their cars in the garage, and it looked like no one was home and someone broke in the house. They now have bullet proof glass on all their patio door.

Last edited by doggiebus; 04-07-2007 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: added

Old 04-07-2007, 04:21 PM

183 posts, read 567,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
We have the same thing in the newspaper, I just don't read the Miami Herald...Crisis Level, yes exactly and I live in a good neighborhood, just think what just ok areas are like in Miami, so you see why I think Miami isn't safe. I don't know how many homes on my block display their alarm systems a few do. A police man once told me if you have an alarm to not display it, as it gives to much info to the thieves, he also said to not park all your cars in the garage as it looks like no one is home, some of my neighbors park all their cars in the garage, even though many don't work or work from home. This did happen to friends of mine, they live in a nice area and they parked their cars in the garage, and it looked like no one was home and someone broke in the house.
" A police man once told me if you have an alarm to not display it, as it gives to much info to the thieves..." What kind of info?
If I were a burgler, I certainly would'nt target homes that show that they are wired. That's pure common sense.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:01 PM

Yep, think about it if a theif knows what company you have, they know what to do then...why advertise...A sign will keep the punks out of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami