U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 10:06 AM

9,255 posts, read 21,657,024 times

Advertisements

Zillow Study Says Nobody Wants to Live in Miami | Miami New Times

Uh oh, could it be true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 10:25 AM

8,072 posts, read 4,029,260 times
Quote:
Zillow compared Miami's housing issues to those of Detroit and New Orleans, which is company that the Magic City certainly shouldn't feel proud to keep. While the website says Detroit's safety issues and New Orleans' sea-level-rise concerns seem to be scaring people away, it instead blames Miami's troubles on the city's biggest, most persistent problem: affordability.
If nobody wanted to live here then the homes would be affordable. Everybody would be living with BNRB and Ruski in utopian Broward.

People can come to whatever conclusions they want but the market doesn't lie. If people don't want something they stop buying it. For whatever reason this market always goes up even if most of us cannot understand why. Sure the money laundering explains some of the demand but we all know the suburbs are not full of empty properties.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:49 AM

2,657 posts, read 1,182,059 times
I think this quote from the article sums it up :

"Granted, the study tracked only home searches rather than sales, which even Zillow admits might not be the most accurate way to gauge real-life housing markets. The website admits its study shows where people fantasize about moving rather than actually want to live"

Meanwhile Miami and it's metro continues to grow according to the US Census.

These debbie downer threads about Miami are becoming quite tiresome.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:31 PM

634 posts, read 254,709 times
And many of those choosing to move to Miami are from foreign countries, and I believe Zillow wasn't including them.

But fundamentally, Sugah Ray is right... if more people were leaving than moving in, prices would fall sharply.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:16 PM

2,738 posts, read 3,303,943 times
Uhhh, they never asked me?! I want to live in Miami!

Old 09-15-2016, 05:23 AM

1,476 posts, read 384,881 times
Let me explain me a little....
Miami News was once a very important paper in Miami, a very liberal hyperliberal paper ruled by modern Jews that once were in Woodstock. You already know what happened generations ago.
But then, I thought they were extinct and their vitriolic hatred against Miami..but no, they are around as a fanzine probably.
Sugar is right, the market says that people wants to live in Miami and not in Pascoo or Macon.
But they are hyperliberal, they believe in CIA and biblical conspiracies and not in the invisible fingers of the economy.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:50 AM

1,708 posts, read 748,201 times
Considering the explosive growth in Miami, I think the reading of the data is inaccurate at best. It could mean that an international crowd that looks at cities like Miami and New York aren't using Zillow....

But more telling is that cities like New York, Houston, Philly, Chicago were worse for people looking for housing from out of the region - or people who "want to move there" - with many other metro areas about the same.

The data is almost meaningless and could really mean anything.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:14 PM

1,123 posts, read 2,842,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Considering the explosive growth in Miami, I think the reading of the data is inaccurate at best. It could mean that an international crowd that looks at cities like Miami and New York aren't using Zillow....

But more telling is that cities like New York, Houston, Philly, Chicago were worse for people looking for housing from out of the region - or people who "want to move there" - with many other metro areas about the same.

The data is almost meaningless and could really mean anything.
The city of Miami may be listed on the fastest growing cities due to all the highrise condos going in but the metro area overall is not.Many other areas in Florida are making the fastest growing list of their overall area some of those are Naples/Marco Island area at #20,Fort Walton beach/Destin at #17,Orlando at #13,Cape Coral/Ft.Myers at #6 and the Villages at number 1 in the entire country.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:20 PM

634 posts, read 254,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
The city of Miami may be listed on the fastest growing cities due to all the highrise condos going in but the metro area overall is not.Many other areas in Florida are making the fastest growing list of their overall area some of those are Naples/Marco Island area at #20,Fort Walton beach/Destin at #17,Orlando at #13,Cape Coral/Ft.Myers at #6 and the Villages at number 1 in the entire country.

But that's because there's almost no remaining tracts of land to build on... unless you're down in homestead.

Yes, we do have plenty of new construction in Doral.

There's also a handful of projects in Hialeah. (I'm convinced that area will eventually break away and become either North Doral or West Miami Lakes, property values would skyrocket if they could lose the Hialeah label).

Old 09-15-2016, 07:22 PM

1,123 posts, read 2,842,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post
But that's because there's almost no remaining tracts of land to build on... unless you're down in homestead.

Yes, we do have plenty of new construction in Doral.

There's also a handful of projects in Hialeah. (I'm convinced that area will eventually break away and become either North Doral or West Miami Lakes, property values would skyrocket if they could lose the Hialeah label).
And there goes the reason for the overpriced values on real estate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami