Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2016, 07:56 PM

7 posts, read 15,419 times

Advertisements

Hello. In next couple of months I am moving to Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and Aventura is on of the top 3 places I am considering.

What are some of the most walkable neighborhoods in Aventura similar to Coral Gables, Coconut Grove or Brickell in Miami?

I am basically looking for the neighborhood where I wouldn't need a car for the first couple of months and would have easy access to Downtown Miami.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 07:23 AM

604 posts, read 617,742 times
Aventura + Downtown = car

Old 10-29-2016, 08:04 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredM View Post
Hello. In next couple of months I am moving to Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and Aventura is on of the top 3 places I am considering.

What are some of the most walkable neighborhoods in Aventura similar to Coral Gables, Coconut Grove or Brickell in Miami?

I am basically looking for the neighborhood where I wouldn't need a car for the first couple of months and would have easy access to Downtown Miami.

Thank you
Downtown Miami

Old 10-29-2016, 10:04 AM

874 posts, read 899,259 times
Okay, so I guessed there was probably a bus running from the Aventura mall to downtown, and I was right. Theoretically, it will take an a hour and a half. (I'm guessing that actually means 2 hours).

See route info here.
Route Details - Miami-Dade County

And you would want to live within walking distance of that bus stop.

I think the rational answer is actually to live in downtown Miami or to go ahead and buy the car immediately. Another option would be to rely on Uber to get back and forth, but that won't be cheap if you're doing it to commute.

Old 10-30-2016, 03:01 PM

7 posts, read 15,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
Aventura + Downtown = car
I know I need a car . I am just looking for the area where I won't need a car in a neighborhood. I can use public transit for first 2-3 months. Just don't want to live in the area where I'll need a car for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post
Okay, so I guessed there was probably a bus running from the Aventura mall to downtown, and I was right. Theoretically, it will take an a hour and a half. (I'm guessing that actually means 2 hours).

See route info here.

I think the rational answer is actually to live in downtown Miami or to go ahead and buy the car immediately. Another option would be to rely on Uber to get back and forth, but that won't be cheap if you're doing it to commute.
Thanks . It looks like a long ride but I can probably survive that for first 2-3 months until I don't get my driver license

Old 10-30-2016, 09:22 PM

9 posts, read 8,428 times
Try living in Aventura town center. Check the Venture. If you are okay with apartment living, check out camden Aventura.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:11 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,937,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebzeb View Post
Try living in Aventura town center. Check the Venture. If you are okay with apartment living, check out camden Aventura.
Hi, I lived around there for 5 years, until the traffic got unbearable. Don't underestimate the traffic--it can take you 20 minutes just to get between Aventura and I-95 during peak hours, and the access ramps around downtown are no joke either!

Yes, The Venture is going to be the most walkable part of Aventura. They even call it a "town center" even though it's just a bunch of strip malls. However, the access to transit is not convenient at all. It'd be a hike up to 191 ST to get to the safe pedestrian crossing.

Besides driving:
The 95 Express is the quickest way to downtown, but only runs a few trips a day and you still have to get to/from Aventura Mall.
The 93 is next quickest way, but it still takes an hour, and that's "on paper" without accounting for traffic jams.
Other routes are even slower, as if an hour wasn't slow enough.

Possibly a better bet would be Commodore or Admiral's Port right behind the Fresh Market on 183rd. Nice views over the lake. You can walk to stuff including the "Town Center" and even the mall if you're in shape, and there are back roads so it's not walking along US1. But again, it is strip malls. I used to live further in at Lincoln Pointe and for an apartment complex I'd recommend hands down it over Camden, but it's more of a hike. However, the best deals in Aventura are in the condos not the apartment complexes. MUCH easier to cross to get the 93 there, and it cuts ~10 minutes off the bus ride. Take Miami Gardens Drive when you get your car, just try to leave before or after school zone hours. You don't have to deal with the Ives Dairy cluster f*** (which is two school zones at different, overlapping times!!!). You even have the option of parking at the Golden Glades park and ride 95 Express instead of having to drive all the way downtown.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:16 AM

62 posts, read 121,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post

See route info here.

I rode the 3 route from Downtown Miami to Aventura like 2 months ago. It goes straight up Biscayne, makes a left on 163rd and cuts through North Miami Beach a little, then goes back on Biscayne and ends at the mall. I was on the elongated bus so it was a little more comfortable. You're right, the ride took about an hour and a half, give or take 10 minutes. But I rode the bus on a Saturday afternoon, at about 2:30PM, so it will probably be longer during rush hour.

Like others have said, I'd invest in an automobile.

Old 10-31-2016, 01:40 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Aventura is not walkable, period, unless its a few of the developments that are close to shopping centers.

Aventura to Downtown Miami during rush hour is horrid.

You want walking, you want Downtown Miami, move to Downtown Miami, the prices won't be much different than Aventura.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:51 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,937,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Aventura is not walkable, period, unless its a few of the developments that are close to shopping centers.

Aventura to Downtown Miami during rush hour is horrid.

You want walking, you want Downtown Miami, move to Downtown Miami, the prices won't be much different than Aventura.
Agreed, especially if you consider Edgewater and east Little Havana. Aventura has come up quite a bit in the past few years and is really not that much of a bargain anymore. The new apartments a block from Omni station rent for as low as $1400, and you'd be hard pressed to find a good rental in Aventura for cheaper than this. Based on a quick Zillow search, most interesting 1br rentals seem to be starting around $1600 both in downtown and Aventura.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami