Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 05:47 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,630,765 times

Advertisements

Interesting question. I lived on my own at 18 working at McDonalds in Broward. I was waiting tables and what not into my mid 20's... I managed just fine.

There are places you can live that are under $1,000/mo. The friends I have in the restaurant business, some have roommates, some don't. But you can get a great place for $1,200/mo or so... a VERY nice place... split the rent and it's just $600/ea which is easily affordable waiting tables. That's about a week of work.

Millions of people live here on fairly low wages. It's doable. You just may not live in an "amazing" place. But finding something decent in the $800/mo range isn't that hard to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 06:05 PM

227 posts, read 246,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
The sooner you move to Miami the sooner you will hate it. This is a great example of Agenda 21 in action. Dump every immigrant you can fit in and create an image that attracts workers by droves. Cut out as much manufacturing as you can and dump billions in stolen and printed money to push up living costs. The reality is that I have seen many farm raised young people come to Miami to scrape by and often get sucked in to the drug culture. The smarter ones leave within a year, the gluttons for punishment or the truly corrupt stay. The more psychopathic you are the higher your chance of becoming wealthy. As for warm, it gets really old when decade after decade you are sweating on Christmas or New Year's day. If you are a person who believes in hard work, a meritocracy stay away from Miami. If you are ready to steal at every turn come on down and enjoy the lifestyle. Just don't expect to go anywhere fast because our traffic is engineered to not move.
Aren't you a ray of sunshine.

The OP wants to work in the entertainment industry, not the farming industry. Just because this person comes from the middle of nowhere doesn't mean they want to work on a farm

She/he has yet to say what kind of industry they want to be in, but there are many other cities to start out in.

OP...there are negative people in every major city/state that say "DONT COME HERE, YOU WILL HATE IT." Then there are those who are the exact opposite and love that said city. Only you can decide that. Personally, I would move to a city that the COL isn't so expensive and after getting more experience, if you still feel the desire to move here, then go for it.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:38 PM

80 posts, read 82,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
The sooner you move to Miami the sooner you will hate it. This is a great example of Agenda 21 in action. Dump every immigrant you can fit in and create an image that attracts workers by droves. Cut out as much manufacturing as you can and dump billions in stolen and printed money to push up living costs. The reality is that I have seen many farm raised young people come to Miami to scrape by and often get sucked in to the drug culture. The smarter ones leave within a year, the gluttons for punishment or the truly corrupt stay. The more psychopathic you are the higher your chance of becoming wealthy. As for warm, it gets really old when decade after decade you are sweating on Christmas or New Year's day. If you are a person who believes in hard work, a meritocracy stay away from Miami. If you are ready to steal at every turn come on down and enjoy the lifestyle. Just don't expect to go anywhere fast because our traffic is engineered to not move.
Man being addicted to drugs in Miami sounds way better than this

Old 12-16-2016, 12:46 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,087,763 times
I would suggest to try out other coastal cities that are cheaper. Maybe Tampa being on the Gulf of Mexico or Jacksonville, Charleston , Savannah (not as nice beaches as Florida), but they are coastal, warm and have a decent night life for a 20ish year old. Than work your way down to Miami. But yeah Miami is a hard city to enjoy without making a comfortable or well off wages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami