Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 05:52 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,866,005 times

Advertisements

That's not entirely true either. Ever watch the "Dirty dining" segment on the news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 02:24 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
You're puttting people on the spot where they have no choice but to say they're ok with it???
I don't get that.

I love dogs, don't get me wrong, but they don't belong everywhere.
The person to whom you are responding lives in Italy. It is commonplace throughout Europe for dogs to be in restaurants (and shopping malls, and other indoor retail locations.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
I do not have an issue with legitimate service animals...non service animals--you mean like the dog that pissed in the elevator of my building...trained like that?...sorry, but non service pets do NOT belong in high end restaurants (or any place where food is served). I do not need dander or waste near me when I eat, or the possibility of it...Called class, common courtesy and common sense...and as far as tolerant, in most cities--including Miami--it is LAW that non service animals are not permitted in places where food is served--just because the Board of Health might be understaffed or too lazy to enforce it does not give non service animals or their owners a free pass.
So you're okay with dander and waste from service animals? I'm not saying that service animals should be banned, I'm saying your objection to non-service animals on the basis of dander and waste makes no sense. And your contention that it is a matter of class and common sense also flies in the face of the facts that many countries allow non-service animals in restaurants. Unless your contention is that all of the citizens of those countries lack class, common courtesy and common sense, you're better off just sticking to the fact that it is against the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrekid View Post
If you have a daughter or son that is allergic to dog fur or cats, and someone brings a dog to public restaurant causing your child to become sick, how would you respond then?
And would that daughter or son only be allergic to non-service animals? That's why using that scenario as a point of contention makes no sense.

Dogs should not be in indoor restaurants here because that is the law. Period. To emphasize that you are concerned about dander or about the allergies of a child really doesn't make any sense since those issues would still be present with service animals.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:52 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
I actually am not OK with dander from service animals either but I have no choice as the law permits them...and as far as waste, service animals are definitely more trained (professionally as well) than the average non service animal making the likelihood far less. I abide by local laws, no matter what country I am in and have not had the pleasure of dining with pets in high end restaurants I have visited in Europe and Latin America (though they exist)....I do admit airplanes are worse than restaurants as they literally will let any animal on board that will fit (dog, cat, pig, duck) with fewer restrictions.

Last edited by elchevere; 01-11-2017 at 06:12 PM..

Old 01-11-2017, 06:05 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,633,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
So you're okay with dander and waste from service animals? I'm not saying that service animals should be banned, I'm saying your objection to non-service animals on the basis of dander and waste makes no sense. And your contention that it is a matter of class and common sense also flies in the face of the facts that many countries allow non-service animals in restaurants. Unless your contention is that all of the citizens of those countries lack class, common courtesy and common sense, you're better off just sticking to the fact that it is against the law.

And would that daughter or son only be allergic to non-service animals? That's why using that scenario as a point of contention makes no sense.

Dogs should not be in indoor restaurants here because that is the law. Period. To emphasize that you are concerned about dander or about the allergies of a child really doesn't make any sense since those issues would still be present with service animals.
I strongly feel service animals should not be allowed in restaurants. It seems ridiculous to me to have a law that bans non-service animals because they pose health risks, but a service dog is permitted. Sorry, but there can and should be limits no service animals.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:17 AM

526 posts, read 376,711 times
I think that us must love the animals but this must not penalize people.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:17 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,866,005 times
In Korea dogs are not only allowed in the restaurant they are on the menu. Culture is culture. If you don't like it then move to where the culture meets your needs. That's what people have been doing for 10k years.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:56 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
Glad I haven't adapted to local culture:

Florida man had sex with dog more than 100 times, report says - Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslhomie View Post
In Korea dogs are not only allowed in the restaurant they are on the menu. Culture is culture. If you don't like it then move to where the culture meets your needs. That's what people have been doing for 10k years.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:28 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
It never ceases to amaze me what comes out of Florida. I mean, really?

Old 01-13-2017, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
It never ceases to amaze me what comes out of Florida. I mean, really?
And it never ceases to amaze me when people make idiotic comments ascribing the acts of one individual to the residents of an entire city or state. I mean, really?

After all, because an incident involving someone having sex with a dog would never happen anywhere else, right? Certainly not in the great state of North Carolina or its capital city of Raleigh, right?

Wake County animal shelter volunteer charged with bestiality | myfox8.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami