Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 07:08 AM

798 posts, read 1,460,255 times

Advertisements

How can this affect the regular economy or financial system in Miami?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 07:22 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
weather drives the market too- but remember, in the next 5 yrs-- snowbird population will explode- maybe Mexico is now out of the picture--- I thought Cuba might steal the show but.. lets check back next week on Trumps list

Old 01-28-2017, 12:04 PM

197 posts, read 199,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Pecunia non olet.

But words do. Another study? "Plummet"? Like "collapse", "speculative bubble", "meltdown", "bear", "bull". Until you put real names, numbers, addresses and dates on it, they are merely words that stink, like bulls' butt-stuff. Good Luck shoveling it against the tide.
As a liberal, and I did not vote for that jerk trump, but you have to love these person's liberal repsonse. When we liberals dont know, we spin it with poo poo! hahaha

Old 01-29-2017, 05:34 AM

874 posts, read 899,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Intelligence View Post
Kinda weird nobody wants to admit or talk about the foreign money that purchased these condos might be laundered as in dirty? Nobody wants to talk about that now do we?
Some of it definitely was dirty, particularly drug money.

But not all of it, some was earned through legitimate means running businesses in South America.

The problem is that no one seems to know how MUCH dirty money there really was. Some think it was a high percentage, others think a pretty low rate. In any case, that's like so 2014.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:28 AM

170 posts, read 190,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post

But not all of it, some was earned through legitimate means running businesses in South America.

The problem is that no one seems to know how MUCH dirty money there really was. Some think it was a high percentage, others think a pretty low rate. In any case, that's like so 2014.

Realtors love the dirty money cash deals.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:59 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
It is inevitable there will be some correction, based on rising interest rates (already had one), stronger dollar, inventory coming on the market, and FOTUS (Fuhrer of the United States)....only question will be the magnitude....trust me, I lived in CA for 34 years which has had rising real estate markets far longer than SoFla and they went through corrections....if I had a dime for each person who claimed "this time it's different", I would be living on Fisher Island.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post

As a former head PCV (Peace Corp Volunteer) and Profesor de Englis all over Latin America I can say without question a lot of money that comes in to Miami today is dirty. Latin people never change. Being corrupt and lieing is engrained in the culture. I wish I could say the opposite but my abusive Cuban x is long gone and out of my life thank you Jesus!

Old 01-29-2017, 07:50 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,926,301 times
The party is over for Miami-Donald Trump! Less foreign investments and less investors moving in. Higher interest rates will put a kobash to it.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:40 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Torres View Post
Realtors love the dirty money cash deals.
We do love "cash" deals but not dirty ones since they are subject to intense scrutiny and will mess up a transaction. I find it amazing that people on this forum still think that the Miami real estate market is comparable to the days of the Cocaine cowboys and Tony Montana in the early 1980's.

After 9/11 all funds to close a real estate transaction must be verified from legitimate sources. As to whether it was initially derived from dirty money is another question but people here try to delegitimize the market here.

I'm not worried about the condo market since land in Miami is a finite resource.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
We do love "cash" deals.....
Well fiddlesticks! Now we finally understand why "Bob Dreamz" is Miami's # 1 errand boy! Bobby is a slimy Miami real estate agent. No wonder every post he says "Miami is so wonderful".... jajaja Bob, you benefit rather nicely from dirty immigrant money don't you? I hope you saved up all your comissions because the party is ending very soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami