Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 02:30 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times

Advertisements

New food mall and bars set to open in 2018. Local owners, not corporate chains.

Time Out Market Miami Opening on Lincoln Road in 2018 | Miami New Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 03:09 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,656,357 times
Good, 17 restaurants in a building, not too shabby. Let's hope that it won't be an overpriced tourist trap within 3 years. Also, the architecture is hideous not gonna lie.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:13 PM

I am also anxiously anticipating the opening of the Italian food hall at Brickell City Centre....will be curious to see how it compares to Eataly (which I love--in NYC and CHI).

Old 10-04-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
I am also anxiously anticipating the opening of the Italian food hall at Brickell City Centre....will be curious to see how it compares to Eataly (which I love--in NYC and CHI).
This is what scares me, as an Italian myself, will it be real Italian foods and products or will I be walking into something like an Olive Garden "Italian" you know what I mean? not only that, but I already know that since it's in BCC, that'll be overpriced.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:57 PM

being that you are from Montreal, I will be delighted if the places are a shade as good as Da Emma, Cafe Olimpico, and Pizzeria Napoletana.....I'm from NY originally and some of the transplanted places here are good (Il Mulino) whereas others are overhyped (Lucali)....Il Gabbiano remains my go to spot when someone is from out of town whom I want to impress (spinoff of Il Mulino)--have not been to Cipriani or Cecconi's yet but hear good things from those who have........hear you about Olive Garden, i.e. Eye-talian or Iowa Italian, was in Dallas last week which might be the capitol of such cuisine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djesus007 View Post
This is what scares me, as an Italian myself, will it be real Italian foods and products or will I be walking into something like an Olive Garden "Italian" you know what I mean? not only that, but I already know that since it's in BCC, that'll be overpriced.

Old 10-04-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
being that you are from Montreal, I will be delighted if the places are a shade as good as Da Emma, Cafe Olimpico, and Pizzeria Napoletana.....I'm from NY originally and some of the transplanted places here are good (Il Mulino) whereas others are overhyped (Lucali)....Il Gabbiano remains my go to spot when someone is from out of town whom I want to impress (spinoff of Il Mulino)--have not been to Cipriani or Cecconi's yet but hear good things from those who have........hear you about Olive Garden, i.e. Eye-talian or Iowa Italian, was in Dallas last week which might be the capitol of such cuisine.

You're familiar with those places? that's awesome! yeah if the food is as good as what NYC/MTL has then that'll be great. I'm so tired of the "Italian" cuisine you see is parts of the U.S, like you mentioned. It makes me angry not gonna lie, but that's normal for us since it's food haha.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:30 PM

24,397 posts, read 26,946,756 times
That sounds awesome!

I love Lincoln Road but never eat there because the restaurants are overpriced straight from the freezer crap. A food hall with local owners would be perfect.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:27 PM

874 posts, read 899,748 times
My advice to tourists to Miami is to go walk around Lincoln Road, see the sights, possibly have a cocktail... then wander elsewhere for dinner.

I'd welcome any venue likely to change my feelings in this regard.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:19 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,826,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djesus007 View Post
fuhgetaboutit

Old 10-05-2017, 01:22 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
Lincoln Rd mall is overrated IMO. It's just several blocks of hot cement where one shops at stores found at any mall, USA. Also, parking is EXPENSIVE and the traffic to get there isn't worth it. Unless you're a foreign tourist who wants to eat at Sushi Rock or buy Madwell jewelery, skip Lincoln rd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami