Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 02:34 AM

142 posts, read 469,410 times

Advertisements

Any dog can become vicious if it feels threatened. My neighbor's small lapdog (toy poodle) has bitten 3 kids in our neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
The problem is that in Miami Dade county there is a weird ordinance banning pit bulls. It is vague and probably unenforceable but it exists.

Pit bulls have been bred for aggression. Aggressiveness and viciousness are not the same thing, but an aggressive dog can quickly become vicious if it feels threatened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 12:08 PM

34 posts, read 85,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by major k View Post
Hello all pit bull and "pit bull look-a-like dog owners". Miami dade court has ruled (mar 16, 2009) the court said the 20 year old "pit bull" ban is unenforceable. County court judge noted that "animal control officers, "guess at which dogs look like or really are pit bulls, baised on their best guess they pick up the dog and charges my be filed against the owners". This was seen by the court judge as arbitrary and illegad. This law was ruled unenforceable and further charges cannot be filed under this law. Ruled "un-enforceable", this law is thus invalid. "please re-check to see if this ruling is still valid (it will be valid ) . I hope this helps, please dont let a dog that may attack ever be allowed to roam, or escape from your property. My 8 year old daughter had 112 sutures to her head and face due to a "dog fighter" who let his dog wonder into our yard 7 houses away. Hope this helps !!!!
After what happened to your daughter, I must say that you seem to have maintained a pretty positive attitude towards dogs. Most people would condemn the whole lot of them after something like that. I applaud you for knowing that there are far more inherently bad dog owners than inherently bad dogs.

I hope your daughter is ok - sounds like it was a very nasty attack. What happened to the dog and his owner? I'm guessing not nearly enough.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:41 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,795,304 times
OP - call this Bulldog Rescue and ask for a referral to a legitimate Pit Bull rescue out of the county.

I used to know these Bulldog people years ago and they are excellent. Bulldogs don't belong in Florida so they do extensive medical treatment on their intakes.

You can read (but I suggest you don't cuz it's too sad) about the extensive help they give their intakes and they also are used by Miami Dade officials.

They'll refer you to someone most likely. Otherwise, google a rescue but BE VERY SELECTIVE. And they should be 100 % up to the minute on the laws and penalties or find another group.

Buddies Thru Bullies - English Bulldog Rescue in South Florida

Old 07-20-2009, 08:49 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,795,304 times
Try this guy. Tampa. He's on the Bullies' referral page. If you need help transporting the dog I can do it but it has to be on a weekend. I'm an experienced Pit Bull person. I can drive you and the dog if you can't but round trip is quite a haul. I'm in Jax right now. You can dm me if you need to.

Rugaz Rescue Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: