Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2017, 12:43 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,945,533 times

Advertisements

Hi!

My husband is working in Aventura temporarily. He is replacing another superintendent who had to leave unexpectedly. We are here from Michigan. The previous super chose a place in Pompano Beach. Nice place but a wicked drive for my husband. Apparently the other guy knew someone at this condo so he put up with it. We are not so happy with it and his employer told us to move closer if we want.

We are not sure how long it will take until the job is finished (Prive) but it will be at least through January. What is the best way to look into finding a rental on a month to month basis and furnished? Or is that even something that is available? We are looking in the $2k range. I have checked Craigslist and I guess I just don't' know what is a decent area and such...

Thanks for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 11:01 AM

51 posts, read 82,370 times
Most are going to require you to have at least 3 months to just move-in. So not sure if it's worth the money if the project will finish in January...but then again you didn't mention if it was January of '18, etc. Your best bet is when you find a rental is to let the owners know that you don't want to do a lease because of your current situation.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:48 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,945,533 times
Thank you for your response. The hope is Jan '18. It could go through February but he doesn't expect it to. Maybe we will have to look at extended stay places?

Old 11-27-2017, 09:28 AM

53 posts, read 177,799 times
Consider something like air bnb or vrbo - when you "contact owner", ask them if they will give you a discount on a longer term rental. I would specify exactly the timeframe and budget you want. I have had success with this in the past, but honestly that was in the dog days of summer in another part of Florida. Worth a shot though.

Another thought is to put up an ad in CL yourself with just an email address that you won't normally use - see if you get any responses. Also do a search on "corporate rentals" - though these tend to be really pricey. Good luck!

Old 11-27-2017, 11:34 AM

18,439 posts, read 8,268,923 times
Kim...I found this with google....know nothing about them......but you might try it...says they rent furnished for short term vacations, corporate, etc

https://miamivacations.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami