Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2018, 03:57 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,413,482 times

Advertisements

I got an eMail yesterday from HQ's for Chuys and they told me to ask at the Doral Restaurant for "The Sauce Tour".

I guess just like T J's (Tijuana Flats in this case) they also have a free hot sauce bar.

Soon enough I shall find out.

If they are anywhere close to how good Tijuana's is..I will be a Happy Camper. We also love Tex Mex Cuisine.

If you want REAL, S of The Border 100% Mexican Food, I have a couple of TIPS in Florida City.

Later

Last edited by Hammocks Bum; 05-24-2018 at 05:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 02:06 PM

Mmmmmm....Mixed Feelings in the ~Chuy's in Doral~ where wife and I had lunch today....Great atmosphere, decor and ambiance...Food good too, but really nothing out of the ordinary in the taste buds department...Price....Xpensive for what we got.. I'd do better at any Chili's Out there any day, specially with their AWESOME Lunch Specials.

1 Beef Fajitas with all the usual trimmings you get anywhere you go to for them $16.29
1 Plate with one Chalupa and a Green Enchilada with tons of cheap and tasteless Rice and Refried beans $10.79
2 Negra Modelos (Dark Mexican Beer) ~ (Other that Light Domestic Beers there was no other choice for a Domestic Regular Beer, I do not drink Light Beers) $11.00

Out the door $38.08 + Tax . . $41.13 plus the TIP .....2wice as much and maybe even more for a week day lunch (Comparing Dishes and Alcoholic Drinks side by side) at any Chilis, Casita Texas in Homestead or the Aztecas in Florida City, the last 2 TRULY REAL Mexican Outfits.

I might go back to the one here at The Pointe, maybe Once a year, but that will be plenty.

All we brought home was a small portion of the Fajitas, as wife did not eat them all.

Too bad that one of the New Eateries close to home is already almost deleted from the to Go List .... ~Walk*On's~ and ~The Texas Roadhouse~ better be much better than Chuy's...They do not come CLOSE to the Tijuana Flats !!!!

(BTW...Gorditas 2 blocks West from The Pointe has 10 times better refried beans than theirs)

Last edited by Hammocks Bum; 05-25-2018 at 02:41 PM..

Old 05-26-2018, 01:14 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,898,902 times
Anyone old enough to remember Chocos & Teres over on Sunset and 117th? That was a fun Mexican restaurant.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:37 AM

The Parking lots areas by the Chuy's and Olive Garden have been black topped and ghost stripes in place for the final ones.

If it stops raining they should be in place soon, also this AM I was able to see 2 areas where the rain water forms some flooding, I am sure before they stripe there, they will have to raise those areas to prevent that from happening, the parking areas are not that big to begin with, they will need all available spaces.

Again, The Olive Garden seems ready to roll, Chuy's slated to open July 3 and Panera moving fast..A concrete block structure is going up very quickly just South of where the Hotel will be and soon enough we will know whos the 4th one in the picture.

Unfortunately as I noted on the 25th, Chuy's not at all what I expected...., really disappointed.

Greetings !

Old 05-30-2018, 05:54 PM

No further changes today, I just came home from the Hurricane Lounge and went by there to ck the area.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:17 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times
Oh man!! i was looking forward to Chuys veggie enchilada. Hopefully it is not a disappointment. July is not that far from now. OG will be open by then.

As for the mall, I assume it is going to be on the other side of the road?

Old 05-31-2018, 03:18 AM

The Mall ??? I don't see room in there for anything other than the announced 6 Restaurants + Hotel ... Its gonna have to be between there (SW 162nd Ave) and The Home Depot, which BTW will probably start moving real soon.

Back to the Chuy's, you probably will find it fine, I am not a picky customer really...I will just give it a try again further down the road.

Later.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:11 AM

Around 4:00 AM today .......

Old 06-03-2018, 07:23 AM

This is the building goinn up between the Hotel and The West Kendall Bus Depot....NO signs anywhere about the Tenant...Took the picture a few minutes ago, no one around to inquire further. It's quite big and all concrete blocks.

The picture makes the structure look small, but it is not that at all.

Greetings.

Old 06-03-2018, 04:34 PM

874 posts, read 899,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Oh man!! i was looking forward to Chuys veggie enchilada. Hopefully it is not a disappointment. July is not that far from now. OG will be open by then.

As for the mall, I assume it is going to be on the other side of the road?
I've been to Chuys three times now.. and am sadly not impressed. Some of the fresh tortillas are good... but other than that it's skippable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami