Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 04:07 PM

278 posts, read 312,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djesus007 View Post
First, Capitalise the cities name, write neighbourhood names properly and add commas. Second, I know Miami has festivals, but if we're talking about in sheer numbers and year-round, Montreal has a ton more. Third, I like activities year around, and you can't do that in Miami, it gets stale. And I'm sticking to within city/island limits, if I include the entire CMA then the amount of festivals is endless. Speaking of events, there's 98 taking place just in QDS, which is an area of 0.5M^2, that's how it is here every weekend and accelerates April-October. Plus let's be honest, what sounds more fun, Montreal En Lumiere (2 week fest) which combines multiple art exhibitions/shows, music (free and paid), food/wine fests, crazy light installations, ice slides/zip lines (oh and they're free too look at that) and 210+ activities in 1 night for Nuit Blanche. Or, I pay $40 to walk on boats and go *gasp* for three seconds and leave. Coconut Grove art fest is decent, small and nothing special. Wynwood is cool, that's the only "hip" place there, Ultra is Ultra etc... I also mentioned this in previous posts. I said Miami has events, but there's a lot more up here.
😂 OK clearly you are getting defensive. I'm not going to argue with you. Montreal wins. Enjoy your winter 😎.

Also Grammer Nazis are never welcomed online. Good day sir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 03:31 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,324,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrekid View Post
😂 OK clearly you are getting defensive. I'm not going to argue with you. Montreal wins. Enjoy your winter 😎.
Lol, I 2nd that one! Its 35 right now in Montreal and 25 tonight.

Its 85 here with barely a cloud, perfect day for boating/beach/insert any outdoor activity here

Old 02-25-2018, 12:57 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,906,448 times
https://www.findfestival.com/florida/miami/page7/

I'D SAY MIAMI HAS A COUPLE OF FESTIVALS YEAR-ROUND. CALLE OCHO IS THE WORLD'S LARGEST STREET PARTY

Last edited by perry335654; 02-25-2018 at 01:06 AM..

Old 02-25-2018, 07:58 AM

233 posts, read 170,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djesus007 View Post
First, Capitalise the cities name, write neighbourhood names properly and add commas. Second, I know Miami has festivals, but if we're talking about in sheer numbers and year-round, Montreal has a ton more. Third, I like activities year around, and you can't do that in Miami, it gets stale. And I'm sticking to within city/island limits, if I include the entire CMA then the amount of festivals is endless. Speaking of events, there's 98 taking place just in QDS, which is an area of 0.5M^2, that's how it is here every weekend and accelerates April-October. Plus let's be honest, what sounds more fun, Montreal En Lumiere (2 week fest) which combines multiple art exhibitions/shows, music (free and paid), food/wine fests, crazy light installations, ice slides/zip lines (oh and they're free too look at that) and 210+ activities in 1 night for Nuit Blanche. Or, I pay $40 to walk on boats and go *gasp* for three seconds and leave. Coconut Grove art fest is decent, small and nothing special. Wynwood is cool, that's the only "hip" place there, Ultra is Ultra etc... I also mentioned this in previous posts. I said Miami has events, but there's a lot more up here.
Well for me the boat show sounds more fun - but then I own boats and find this interesting. If you don't own any boats - and living in Montreal, there is not a big incentive to own one - I can see why you'd think so.

But again you ridiculously assert there are more festivals in Montreal. I don't know how you get off making that assertion. Do you have ANY statistics backing up your claims? Last night, it took me 45-mins to 1 hour to drive 10 blocks on Ocean Dr (5th to 15th). So many people here, coming for the Food Festival.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:05 AM

7,370 posts, read 6,425,961 times
If my body was not acclimated to warm weather climates and I wanted to move to a cultural city with many more events than Montreal every day of the year and things to do, I would move back to NY...but no sense comparing Montreal to NYC nor Miami to Montreal or NYC...and since I enjoy walking around in a T-shirt all but 7 days of the year, I look forward to my 2-3 annual visits to NYC (and elsewhere)

Old 02-25-2018, 01:28 PM

3,161 posts, read 2,569,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
If my body was not acclimated to warm weather climates and I wanted to move to a cultural city with many more events than Montreal every day of the year and things to do, I would move back to NY...but no sense comparing Montreal to NYC nor Miami to Montreal or NYC...and since I enjoy walking around in a T-shirt all but 7 days of the year, I look forward to my 2-3 annual visits to NYC (and elsewhere)
Well, you can't compare NYC with MTL in the first place, but we are considered a smaller NYC by many people, including people from NYC. Like NYC we have hundreds of cultural activities, a lot of art fests, and MTL has multiple world's largest festivals (worlds largest jazz fest, comedy fest, fireworks fest, largest graffiti/hip-hop fest, mural fest is the largest urban art fest in the world, etc..). Actually, I'm on my way to NYC this week to stop by the U.N at a potential job there, really excited. Haven't been to NYC since I was a kid.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:21 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,150,240 times
Boat show... hahahaha my god.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:49 AM

80 posts, read 60,760 times
I can't help but laugh when people say Art Basel is an attraction. That is the most overrated hyped up crap of an "event" we have down here. Now if your idea of fun is TRYING to look at an art installation while a sea of people try to move around you, hey, be my guest.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:48 AM

233 posts, read 170,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arekusu View Post
I can't help but laugh when people say Art Basel is an attraction. That is the most overrated hyped up crap of an "event" we have down here. Now if your idea of fun is TRYING to look at an art installation while a sea of people try to move around you, hey, be my guest.
I do buy some art pieces in art basel and other art shows. Which is what art basel is for. If you're not going to buy and don't appreciate art (and talking to the artists who made them) I can see why it would bore you.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:18 PM

80 posts, read 60,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum87 View Post
I do buy some art pieces in art basel and other art shows. Which is what art basel is for. If you're not going to buy and don't appreciate art (and talking to the artists who made them) I can see why it would bore you.
I actually love art, and did enjoy the time spent in Wynwood during the last Art Basel, however the convention center was a completely different story. I don't see how you can appreciate any art under those circumstances (sea of people fighting for space).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami