Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 11:29 PM

60 posts, read 430,021 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone!

I am considering purchasing a condo in the Horizons West complex in Kendall. Can anyone give me the scoop on this place? I want to hear the good, the bad and particularly the ugly! This would be a big investment for me, and I want to make sure that I choose a place that is compatible with my style. Looking to find out how the maintenance is taken care of... how responsive is the association/property manager... how much is the maintenance... what does it include. Are their rules strict or wishy-washy... basically any input/information/advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Rick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 04:54 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,508,711 times
lived there in the early 90s and it was a cesspool then, cars were regulary broken into, the security was a joke and lots of the units were rentals so I had terrible memories of the place. I can't speak for it now but i'm curious what the prices are going for.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:43 PM

Hey Miami Rob...

Not sure how it is now, but I will definitely report back when I get more info. I think that most of Kendall was really nasty in the early 90s... but from what I have seen "in general", Kendall has improved as the crowd has changed. But then again, unless you are in very SPECIFIC areas of Miami, the crowd is basically the same at this point wherever you go... they may drive better or worse cars... they may have nicer or more common homes... but deep down inside, its all the same people with the same type of "I'm really ghetto-fabulous!!!" behavior. (Please refer to the "take the man from the mountain" saying... ROTFLMAO!) For example, lots of people go crazy for Doral. SOME parts of Doral are indeed very nice... like the "old" part of Doral... not all of those new projects overlooking the electrical wires and garbage dump smoke stacks and warehouses. And some of the complexes are just smack daddy beautiful! But the PEOPLE in Doral are the worst... there is definitely a "I am just so much more fabulous than you" vibe that really turns me off. I don't do uppity people well. I would move to Kendall a million times before I would move to Doral. Actually, I don't think I would consider Doral, regardless of the price (although the location is incredible! 15 minutes to anywhere in Miami!) I was born and reared in Miami... lived here most of my life... so I have definitely seen the "ups and downs" of Miami, particularly in Kendall and further down south. As far as prices, EVERYTHING in Miami has plummeted. I remember that like two years ago you couldn't TOUCH a two bedroom in KENDALL for less than $275k. Now, you can buy them all day for less than $200k, in very nice buildings! But Kendall is not for everyone... never has, never will be. I feel comfortable with Kendall as a choice... just want to make sure that this PARTICULAR complex is worth the investment. Thanks for the input... Rick

Old 03-25-2008, 03:21 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,012,643 times
Back in 1995, I responded to a shooting call at Horizon's West...I remember it very well. An estanged husband was stalking the parking lot waiting for his ex-wife to come home. He followed her from the parking lot into her apartment where he shot her in the head. She was flown to Ryder Trauma where she later died. It was on the 2nd floor. I forgot about that call since it was such a long time ago, but then you mentioned the apartment complex and it all came back. I recall her being pregnant too. Very unfortunate.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:28 PM

Heydade...

Unfortunately, that can happen anywhere in Miami. Times have changed and you see stuff like that now in neighborhoods where you would never imagine it happening. Take care... Rick

Old 03-26-2008, 11:08 AM

12 posts, read 111,030 times
You have the right to view documents pre purchase like the budget and community docs you have three days to rescind the offer to purchase if buying from a Homeowner, as for the Managers attitude, go in and explain that you are considering buying and ask questions like what are the maintenance fees and what does it cover, you will find out quickly what the community is like, Drive thru and speak to the homeowners,

Old 03-26-2008, 03:28 PM

Hey islndjak,

Good suggestions! I appreciate sharing them... I will definitely do that.

Take care...

Rick

Old 08-11-2010, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 11,322 times
What is the address ?

Old 08-11-2010, 01:06 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,147,066 times
But...... this thread dates back to 2008

Old 09-18-2010, 01:24 AM

810 posts, read 1,571,354 times
do not move anywhere in Kendall, it's very dangerous. Do yourself a favor and read all the threads about Kendall gangs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami