Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2018, 12:29 PM

3 posts, read 2,181 times

Advertisements

A few years ago I visited a large "antique" store near US1 and Coconut Grove station. The back of it could be seen from US1. It may have been on SW 27th lane. I cannot find the name of this place. It had several floors of many unusual pieces from all over the world. Can anyone tell me the name of it, is it still there or has it moved or gone out of business. I have photos from the inside if that helps. Thank you for any help answering this question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 04:28 PM

1,996 posts, read 3,159,952 times
Could this be the place?? It is vacant.

The Back:
https://www.google.com/maps/@25.7408...7i16384!8i8192

The Front:
https://www.google.com/maps/@25.7414...7i16384!8i8192

Looks like the name of the establishment was Worth Galleries and it has a different address currently:

8650 Biscayne Blvd
Ste 13
Miami, FL 33138

Yelp page:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/worth-galleries-miami-3

Company website:
worthgalleries.com |

Old 11-17-2018, 02:43 AM

Thank you very much for your answer and photos. It was a different place. Like this one, you could see the back from US1.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 703 times
Hello, usroute10:

It sounds like the business you are speaking of is "Architectural Antiques," which was located at 2520 SW 28th Ln in Miami, (33133) and sat just off US-1. It has (sadly) been closed fro some years now, its owner Dennis finally ready to retire. When the store closed, maybe 7-8 years ago, it had been doing business for over 30 years, so it's safe to describe Dennis as a pioneer in the field of architectural salvage. Nearly everything he had, and it was a two huge warehouses with a large stoneyard/ "junk yard" out back, was irreplaceable and at least to some degree historically significant.

My Husband and I used the place extensively in renovating our adjacent 1937 and 1926 homes in the Shenandoah section of Miami, with the kind of detail stuff that can make the difference between a "great job" and a "nice try" in such endeavors.

We also had excellent dealings with a really nice man named Ray at a store called something like "Architectural Salvage" in Ft. Lauderdale. Last I spoke to him, years back, his store had been hard hit by a hurricane, and he planned to set up shop with "Adam & Eve" antiques in W. Palm Beach, another phenomenal enterprise in its day. I see that business too is now closed. Best bet, if you're still looking, is to check out all the businesses in Ft. Lauderdale sounding like "Architectural Salvage." If you find Ray, see him first, and tell him Paul from Miami sent you.

Very Best of luck--

Last edited by miamiguy01; 11-18-2018 at 12:08 PM..

Old 11-18-2018, 02:42 PM

Thank you very much for this information. I have photos of inside the store if I could learn how to post them. This was a building with multiple levels. He had carvings from all over the world. A couple of "King Tut" replica coffins, multiple chandeliers, and many other items. From the address you provided, this had to be the place I remember. Thank you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: