Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2018, 10:12 PM

72 posts, read 75,947 times

Advertisements

Hi CD'ers! I will be taking a couple of days vacation to Miami after spending a couple of days in Orlando with my girlfriend. We are 30 and have no kids with us and will be having a rental car. We are looking for tips on what to see, eat, and do and visit and site see! We love to eat (burgers, tacos, vietnamese food, Ramen, sushi, but really open to all. We are not picky), hiking, site seeing, photo ops, museums, shopping, farmer's markets, beaches, nice views, etc. We are really open to everything but not into drinking and bars. It will be our very first time in Miami, and excited to see what Miami has to offer. We are looking for any advice that y'all can provide for our vacation to Miami! Thank you in advance! Really appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 10:25 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
have fun!

Old 12-05-2018, 05:12 PM

Thank you! I will try!

Old 12-05-2018, 06:21 PM

2 posts, read 1,072 times
Default Thing to do in Miami

Hi,

I see you're looking for things do in Miami. I recommend checking out our website - Wannado Tours. We offer the top rated tours in Miami, Key West and Fort Lauderdale. While you're in Miami, I recommend going on the Miami Boat Tour. This tour takes you around the celebrity homes and the Biscayne Bay.

Here's the link to the page: Wannado Tours - Miami Boat Tour

We currently are offering a 10% discount off the tour. The coupon code is FAMILY10

Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:24 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,966,169 times
bring money.
no. that is not enough.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
bring money.
no. that is not enough.
What would be enough?

Old 12-07-2018, 08:05 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
Sorry I'm surprised you aren't getting much advice. I really can't offer much help besides to say that tripadvisor and yelp should be fairly accurate. I live in the burbs with two little kids so I just don't get out too much.

You could easily occupy most of your time at the beaches. South Beach would be the epicenter, but it can be worthwhile to check out North Beach, on up through Fort Lauderdale and and West Palm Beach as well. You could ride the Brightline (now Virgin Trains) high speed train and see the downtowns of Miami, FTL and WPB.

One of the largest art festivals in the world, Art Basel, is in town this weekend. I'm not sure what sort of post-festival effect there is with street art and temporary galleries and what not, but it's possible there will be a little added glitz when you come and check out Wynwood, the Design District, and any other artsy sections/neighborhoods near Miami Beach (where the festival is technically located)

If you're into checking out cool, urban, historic, walkable neighborhoods you might go round brickell, downtown/midtown, coral gables, coconut grove. Also Little Havana and Calle Ocho in particular are often tourist draws.

Anyway, good luck and have fun!

Old 12-07-2018, 09:05 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
I hope you speak Spanish.

Old 12-08-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Sorry I'm surprised you aren't getting much advice. I really can't offer much help besides to say that tripadvisor and yelp should be fairly accurate. I live in the burbs with two little kids so I just don't get out too much.

You could easily occupy most of your time at the beaches. South Beach would be the epicenter, but it can be worthwhile to check out North Beach, on up through Fort Lauderdale and and West Palm Beach as well. You could ride the Brightline (now Virgin Trains) high speed train and see the downtowns of Miami, FTL and WPB.

One of the largest art festivals in the world, Art Basel, is in town this weekend. I'm not sure what sort of post-festival effect there is with street art and temporary galleries and what not, but it's possible there will be a little added glitz when you come and check out Wynwood, the Design District, and any other artsy sections/neighborhoods near Miami Beach (where the festival is technically located)

If you're into checking out cool, urban, historic, walkable neighborhoods you might go round brickell, downtown/midtown, coral gables, coconut grove. Also Little Havana and Calle Ocho in particular are often tourist draws.

Anyway, good luck and have fun!
Thank you so much for the advice and being the only person willing to really provide help! I really thank you for it! I’ll try my best to have fun!

Old 12-08-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmiami View Post
Don't know the dates of your trip, but Beaux Arts on the campus of University of Miami is at the end of January. In February is the Coconut Grove Art Show, one of the largest art shows in the country.

Fairchild Tropical Garden is a beautiful place to spend the afternoon. It's located in Coral Gables.

Vizcaya is also lovely. It's in Coconut Grove and was the home of James Deering and is right on the water.

South Beach is a fun place. Very international with many great restaurants. You can walk along Ocean Drive or shop on Collins Avenue. Lincoln Road is a fun place, too. Loads of art galleries to browse in and loads of restaurants. Be sure to stop at Romeo Britto's gallery. Another fun place is The News Cafe on 8th Street and Ocean Drive. It's next to the old Versace mansion. A great place to grab a cup of coffee and people watch. You'll see some interesting characters from that vantage point.

Be sure to stop for stone crabs at Joe's on South Beach. And good Cuban food off of SW 8th Street in Calle Ocho. Versailles a is good restaurant for Cuban food. If Nicaraguan food is your thing, then head over to Los Ranchos on Biscayne Boulevard in the Bayside Market Place. You can also catch boat rides and explore Biscayne Bay from there.

If shopping is your thing, then Dadeland Mall and The Falls cannot be beat. If it's sold in a store, these malls have it.

Enjoy your visit to Miami!
Gosh thank you so much! Those all sound like wonderful things to do! The dates I will be going are 12/19/18 - 12/23/18, in less than 2 weeks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami