Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 06:20 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times

Advertisements

Lol, I'm 5'9, 120 lb... and I understand when people say Miami is not pleasant. I don't call them fatties, nor I try to prove them "wrong", because that's simply how they feel. There is no right or wrong answer here.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold on to the Nights View Post

I don't think I'm the first poster in this board who has claimed the weather in Florida is unpleasant. Yes maybe is more bearable in October, November, February and March but I still find it unpleasant for many days of the month.

If Miami is not pleasant for someone in November, then, it's ok... he is not WRONG for sweating like a pig at 70 F. Is his body and maybe he has yet to adapt to the Miami weather. I opened a thread regarding personal opinion on weather (Do you consider Miami a cold city?)...

Maybe a guy from cold places might find Miami to be wayy to hot in the winter, thus calling Miami unpleasent the whole year round. Some other person, let say from Sahara Desert, might find Miami to be a rather cool city most of the year. Both are neither wrong or right... it's simply how they feel.

Last edited by WINTERFRONT; 01-24-2013 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: Erased for possible "personal attack"

Old 01-24-2013, 11:28 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
... and I understand when people say Miami is not pleasant. I don't call them fatties, nor I try to prove them "wrong", because that's simply how they feel. There is no right or wrong answer here.
That's exactly right. People should understand that, there should be civility and respect [for other people's opinions] over here; just the relatively large number of those 'fights' - basically arguments - between people in this (and others as well) forum shows it.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:22 AM

1,084 posts, read 3,868,836 times
Quote:
Lol, I'm 5'9, 120 lb... and I understand when people say Miami is not pleasant. I don't call them fatties, nor I try to prove them "wrong", because that's simply how they feel. There is no right or wrong answer here.
pls tell me that is a typo.... cause brah you need to put some weight on... im 5'5 and 130.. not fat and not extremely muscular either.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:34 AM

I'm trying hard to gain weight so I can get muscles and booty. I have p90x dvd's too.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:32 AM

1,084 posts, read 3,868,836 times
Quote:
I'm trying hard to gain weight so I can get muscles and booty. I have p90x dvd's too.
if your a chick( im assuming since you said booty ....) that honestly is still to skinny, you need protonz from chicken.... squats and oatz ..... in order for me to maintain muscle mass and gain i need to eat 4000 or more calories a day.... with running every other day in order to not get a get any fat and keep my cardio up.... if i eat less i will drop down to 120 and stay at that weight with no gain in weight or muscle no matter how much i work out....

you should get on the bodybuilding forums for some good advice...

Bodybuilding.com Forums - Bodybuilding And Fitness Board

PS: stay away from the misc section if you are a chick.. unless you can handle the heat.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:27 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,898,902 times
Winterfront, my son is 5'9" and 115 I think. Super skinny. I weighed 85 even after having 2 kids and then 90 after my third. I'm 50 years old now and finally broke 100 pounds but it's all in the stomach. Super fast metabolism always. All three kids are the same. There's no way I could eat 4000 calories. Wow! If I could, I wouldn't be skinny in the first place.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami View Post
if your a chick( im assuming since you said booty ....) that honestly is still to skinny, you need protonz from chicken.... squats and oatz ..... in order for me to maintain muscle mass and gain i need to eat 4000 or more calories a day.... with running every other day in order to not get a get any fat and keep my cardio up.... if i eat less i will drop down to 120 and stay at that weight with no gain in weight or muscle no matter how much i work out....

you should get on the bodybuilding forums for some good advice...

Bodybuilding.com Forums - Bodybuilding And Fitness Board

PS: stay away from the misc section if you are a chick.. unless you can handle the heat.
OMG!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAH HAHAHHAHAHHAHH HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

LOL, I'm no chick... and yes I want to have a round and big booty cuz I hate my current flat @ss. I'm also working out to get taller... this one hurts the most though, but I won't share it here cuz I don't want to get criticized.

"DO I HAVE POTENTIAL?"

Old 01-25-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
Winterfront, my son is 5'9" and 115 I think. Super skinny. I weighed 85 even after having 2 kids and then 90 after my third. I'm 50 years old now and finally broke 100 pounds but it's all in the stomach. Super fast metabolism always. All three kids are the same. There's no way I could eat 4000 calories. Wow! If I could, I wouldn't be skinny in the first place.
OMG!! 115... . I remember in High school my teachers called my parents cuz they thought there was a case of child negligence going on. lolololol

Have you tried protein shakes? I stopped consuming it cuz it can constipated me easily, but it might work on you.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:47 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times
Quote:
If Miami is not pleasant for someone in November, then, it's ok... he is not WRONG for sweating like a pig at 70 F. Is his body and maybe he has yet to adapt to the Miami weather. I opened a thread regarding personal opinion on weather (Do you consider Miami a cold city?)...

Maybe a guy from cold places might find Miami to be wayy to hot in the winter, thus calling Miami unpleasent the whole year round. Some other person, let say from Sahara Desert, might find Miami to be a rather cool city most of the year. Both are neither wrong or right... it's simply how they feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
That's exactly right. People should understand that, there should be civility and respect [for other people's opinions] over here; just the relatively large number of those 'fights' - basically arguments - between people in this (and others as well) forum shows it.
Agreed. But there is a difference in someone saying that the weather is unpleasant to him or her and making a general statement to others looking for information about a city that the weather is unpleasant there. If 99% of the country's population finds the weather in Miami to be pleasant throughout the winter, then a statement from one of the 1% stating that it isn't, is in fact, wrong.

If someone in Duluth, MN or Buffalo, NY states that their winters are pleasant and mild (while shoveling out from another blizzard), that doesn't make it true just because they may be comfortable there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami