U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 12:20 AM

21 posts, read 31,568 times

Advertisements

Looking to Move to a Miami Suburb. which areas are recommended? I want low crime, semi affordable areas etc. I would like to purchase a home or condo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 04:35 AM

6,849 posts, read 10,920,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samc92 View Post
Looking to Move to a Miami Suburb. which areas are recommended? I want low crime, semi affordable areas etc. I would like to purchase a home or condo.
Please put actual numbers on it. What does "semi-affordable" mean to you in actual numbers? What price range for house or condo? How much can you afford in monthly expenses (e.g. mortgage interest, condo fees, insurance, utilities, maintenance, etc.).

Also, what do you mean by "Miami"? Miami-Dade County, City of Miami, Miami Lakes, Miami Beach, North Miami Beach, West Miami, South Miami, etc.

What do you mean by "suburb"? Somewhere in Miami-Dade County, or perhaps somewhere in the "South Florida", i.e. Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties. What does "suburb" look and feel like to you?

Old 03-11-2019, 10:38 PM

242 posts, read 112,299 times
I would look in Broward county. It's cheaper than Miami but still very close by.

Old 03-18-2019, 03:26 PM

3 posts, read 1,163 times
Personal opinions... I would recommend Kendall, it is a quiet suburban area that isn't too far from the beaches and it's also where I grew up. Had a lovely childhood, everyone in that area is well-mannered and proper. Don't go to Florida City or Hialeah. You won't get a lot for your money.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:02 PM

689 posts, read 1,049,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samc92 View Post
How about sharing affordability numbers so we can give you better information.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:35 PM

9,770 posts, read 8,714,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montezia View Post
I would look in Broward county. It's cheaper than Miami but still very close by.
No, Broward is not cheaper than Miami.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:15 PM

1,117 posts, read 599,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Only the broward 'burbs are somewhat cheaper than the Miami 'burbs.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:54 PM

6,387 posts, read 2,984,472 times
I want to move to a metropolitan area with 6 Million people !

Can I have "low crime" and " affordable housing" too !

(did I just see a Unicorn flying by?)

Old 03-20-2019, 07:35 AM

2,317 posts, read 1,517,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Broward is literally cheaper than Miami. About 15%. Median home prices is not exactly a hard thing to find. Aren't you in real estate?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Only the broward 'burbs are somewhat cheaper than the Miami 'burbs.
Exactly. It's not only cheaper in Broward, but better schools, safer, cleaner, etc. Which is why traffic flow is IN to Miami in the morning and OUT of Miami in the evening. The people who work in Miami generally prefer to live in Broward.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:26 PM

1,117 posts, read 599,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Exactly. It's not only cheaper in Broward, but better schools, safer, cleaner, etc. Which is why traffic flow is IN to Miami in the morning and OUT of Miami in the evening. The people who work in Miami generally prefer to live in Broward.
Make no mistake, Broward isn't some kind of 'miami-ex pat paradise' - traffic is just as bad, property taxes/insurance/ car insurance is very high (maybe a minimal savings on the car insurance), only thing I'll give you is the public schools for white/anglo english speaking kids. If you want a multi-cultural learning experience, miami has plenty of A-Rated schools with the voucher system. Broward actually has an overall lower rating in schools compared to Miami-dade...just the 'average'/'blue-collar' neighborhood might have better schools in Broward vs Miami. Pinecrest, Palmetto Bay, Miami Shores, South Beach, Coral Gables, Bal Harbour, Doral all have A+ public & charter schools and even better private schools.

Safer/cleaner? Not sure where you get that. 'Cops' was originally filmed in Broward and wasn't until later that Miami had First48...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or