Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 10:24 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,612,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
give me a break....it's the very first thing they "mention"......and then repeat that clap trap again 3 quarters of the way down..that's where the quote came from

"The fact of the matter is that the ocean is rising. That's undeniable, that's a done deal. And, the process is surprisingly fast paced: the anticipations of things that were supposed to happen in 2050 are now expected to become reality by 2025."
Lol. I'm sure the 2025 timeline will age well. 2025 will come and go with not one bit of the climate catastrophe cults predictions coming true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2019, 03:41 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,333,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Lol. I'm sure the 2025 timeline will age well. 2025 will come and go with not one bit of the climate catastrophe cults predictions coming true.
I guess tell that to the people already living with the changes? like the record floods in the Midwest? "once a century storms" happening multiple times in the past 10 years? France had the hottest June in recorded history? India is going to have parts that are uninhabitable because the temps are too high? (multiple deaths after it hit 120+ degrees). -- this all in the past 2 months (except for the 'canes obviously)

So many climate deniers around here, it's shocking...let me guess, Anti-Vaccine too?

One person on here said it should be hedged, which is true..for our generations..Sea Level rise might not affect us for our remaining time here, but it will affect our kids or grandkids.

Old 07-06-2019, 04:07 PM

18,299 posts, read 8,102,147 times
oh my gosh...and don't forget the dust bowl drought...that lasted over a decade...talk about unprecedented

...oh wait...that happened almost 100 years ago

today "scientists" would say that's proof of blobal glooming

Old 07-07-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
I guess tell that to the people already living with the changes? like the record floods in the Midwest? "once a century storms" happening multiple times in the past 10 years? France had the hottest June in recorded history? India is going to have parts that are uninhabitable because the temps are too high? (multiple deaths after it hit 120+ degrees). -- this all in the past 2 months (except for the 'canes obviously)

So many climate deniers around here, it's shocking...let me guess, Anti-Vaccine too?

One person on here said it should be hedged, which is true..for our generations..Sea Level rise might not affect us for our remaining time here, but it will affect our kids or grandkids.
Anti-vaccine? No. I appreciate science.

Global warming hysteria left 'science' quite some time ago. Tell me, how long is recorded history and how does that relate to climate over the last few billion years? Warming and cooling is normal. Warming is overall beneficial. So is CO2, which is greening the planet. Beneficial. We have been in a CO2 drought, historically. In fact, CO2 through past glaciations, not even that long ago, CO2 was so low that it nearly couldn't support life on this planet. Oh, by the way, you know CO2 doesn't actually cause warming, right? We have also been in a cold period, historically. So that little bit of expected warming is highly beneficial as is the rising CO2.

Parts of India maybe uninhabitable because it's hot? Have you been to Siberia? We already have a massive portion of this planet uninhabitable because it's cold. Are you upset about that? Ah, it's not part of the narrative, right. Heat stroke? Bad. Freeze to death? Good. Do I have that correct?

Not enough fresh water. We get more fresh water which causes floods (poorly planned building if in a flood zone), and now fresh water is bad. Just like CO2, we are now demonizing fresh water! Floods have been happening forever. This is nothing new.

France had the hottest June in recorded history? Cool. The earth is going through a warming period. So I'd expect that given how short our "recorded history" actually is. However, going back even a hundred thousand years, it was believed France was quite a bit warmer than today. So maybe you should appreciate the cool period we are in?

How do you feel about the record snowfall in California this year? It was not timed great if you are part of the global warming crowd, since apparently global warming was going to ruin CA with drought, which is, by the way, officially over.... Not in a drought anymore. Whoops.

What are your next talking points? Corals dying?

Old 07-07-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
oh my gosh...and don't forget the dust bowl drought...that lasted over a decade...talk about unprecedented

...oh wait...that happened almost 100 years ago

today "scientists" would say that's proof of blobal glooming
I remember just a few years ago driving through the California heartland. The farmers themselves called the dust bowl manufactured by the government. Signs everywhere. It was to save a minnow in San Francisco or something ridiculous. Of course, then the droughts are passed off as global warming.... which funny enough, the drought in CA ended because global warming brought unprecedented snow and water this year.

Old 07-08-2019, 05:05 AM

9,315 posts, read 14,219,947 times
Quote:
Anti-vaccine? No. I appreciate science.

Global warming hysteria left 'science' quite some time ago.
Exactly.

Human words have a funny way of changing meaning over time, usually in the direction of deterioration.

Such it is today with "science", "facts", and another favorite of mine "statistics".

Once venerable words that now reek of political charlatanism.

Good Luck!

Old 07-08-2019, 12:10 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,576,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Frank and balanced article concerning Miami’s past, changing economy and demographics, and challenges ahead. Pretty interesting reading:

https://www.citylab.com/life/2019/05...-chang/588460/
Thank you for posting this article...of course this is the "crap on Miami" forum so no surprises at the responses so far.

Old 07-08-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Exactly.

Human words have a funny way of changing meaning over time, usually in the direction of deterioration.

Such it is today with "science", "facts", and another favorite of mine "statistics".

Once venerable words that now reek of political charlatanism.

Good Luck!
No doubt. Just like "scientific consensus" ... there is no such thing as consensus in science, but boy the politicians and global warming alarmists sure do love to talk about it.

Old 07-08-2019, 05:56 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,416,118 times
The gullible want to believe. Let him live his delusion. Facts have no bearing it appears

Onto other threads on other topics of merit

Old 07-08-2019, 08:22 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,333,352 times
Quote:

Parts of India maybe uninhabitable because it's hot? Have you been to Siberia? We already have a massive portion of this planet uninhabitable because it's cold. Are you upset about that? Ah, it's not part of the narrative, right. Heat stroke? Bad. Freeze to death? Good. Do I have that correct?

France had the hottest June in recorded history? Cool. The earth is going through a warming period. So I'd expect that given how short our "recorded history" actually is. However, going back even a hundred thousand years, it was believed France was quite a bit warmer than today. So maybe you should appreciate the cool period we are in?
Except people actually live in that part of India..not Siberia..

Hottest June ever is cool? wow, I guess keep your head buried in the sand....

how about coastal erosion? will that affect people's lives at all?
https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-...ifornia-coast/

La times too, not a very 'liberal rag' if that's the disdain you have for science and facts. (i.e. they were the only paper to predict trump winning months before)

How about oceans getting warmer than we previously realized?? Is that going to affect people's lives? Is that just our warming period? How long does this 'period' last Dr. BNBR? Because its been going on for decades.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...than-expected/

You seriously believe that the majority of scientists around the world (the world is round right?) are in on some grand conspiracy to scare people and push a false narrative?
Was the moon landing staged? Did 'Bush do 9-11'? What other crazy conspiracies are you buying into?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami