Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 12:05 PM

3 posts, read 2,138 times

Advertisements

Hey all ... I lived in Sunny Isles for 3 years. Sunny Isles was definitely nice but in my travels throughout the area I really loved Hallandale beach - not Hollywood, but Hallandale. There was one spot specifically near an old motel that I thought was the bees knees.

Anyway I would love to go back to the lovely state of Florida. During my time there i spent much time in South Beach, and I did travel to Key West (which i thought the beach was gross).

I would love to know what other beaches there are in Florida that are 1. not SUPER populated or built up and 2. which actually have really nice beaches.

For example Miami, Sunny Isles, Hallandale/Hollywood, even West Palm all had nice Carribean style beaches, clean sand, great water. When I went to key west there was tons of seaweed washed ashore and it smelled terrible. Not to mention I felt like a sardine trapped on an island with a bunch of tourists!

I'd love to know what lower key beaches there are along either side of the coast that I may have to visit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 03:59 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,180,462 times
Siesta Key near Sarasota is regularly rated the #1 Beach in the Country with sand quality. It is almost 100% pure quartz white sand like powdered sugar.

Anna Maria Island near Bradenton, and Sanibel Island near Ft. Myers are also very nice. Sanibel especially for shells. Anna Maria Island has similar sand quality to Siesta Key.

Those are my 3 favorite beaches all on the West Coast. Now, the one thing you have to think about when planning a trip on the West Coast of Florida is red tide. It is a naturally occuring bacteria in the water that kills fish periodically. It's not there now but last year was an especially bad year so you want to check the news before going.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:13 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,033,382 times
If they are nice beaches in Florida that can be reached by car, they are built up and populated.

Only beaches that can reached by boat are pristine and unpopulated.

Agree with Siesta Key Beach however it is crazy busy.

Old 07-31-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
If they are nice beaches in Florida that can be reached by car, they are built up and populated.

Only beaches that can reached by boat are pristine and unpopulated.

Agree with Siesta Key Beach however it is crazy busy.
Thanks!

I'll def check them out.

I don't have a problem with "built up" ... I just personally thought Hallandale was a little section that was overlooked and not super populated ... and wasn't pretty much built up only one or two levels which was nice.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:31 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,794,592 times
Hallandale is full of condo buildings.

Old 08-01-2019, 05:54 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,334,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Hallandale is full of condo buildings.
Yeah really, what part of Hallandale isn't built up? there is maybe 1 public park for visitors to enjoy. Everyone else has to live in those buildings or you can't get to the beaches.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Yeah really, what part of Hallandale isn't built up? there is maybe 1 public park for visitors to enjoy. Everyone else has to live in those buildings or you can't get to the beaches.
specifically there is a one to three block section that has really tiny buildings ... and is the perfect spot to just walk on the beach and chill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami