Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:24 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,152,350 times

Advertisements

My goodness Ellyg!!!
Left me speechless..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 06:13 AM

929 posts, read 1,155,181 times
miami vice, who do i have to thank for all the traffic enforcement right now on the turnpike. i want to write a letter. im actually seeing some people starting to fear cop cars now and theyre pulling people over for traffic violations and toll violations like crazy.
bring it on!
id be fine if 1 in every 3 cars was a cop car. strike some fear of breaking the law into these people. its like raising a kid with no punishment if they do anything wrong, they wont respect the parents.
the police here should come on really strong. start randomly stalking cars for traffic violations. put the fear of God in them and then they can relax a bit but the respect will remain. do that every so often and youll keep them in check.
awesome guys! many thanks!

Old 01-24-2007, 11:00 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,399,663 times
I think that maybe it's because of the superbowl or something. Whenever there is an event, they transfer troopers from middle and N.Florida. With MDPD, they have overtime details to get as many cops on the street as possible. They have been doing very heavy TNT (tactical narcotic team) operations for the past couple of weeks. They are doing reverse stings and all kinds of stuff to put as many people away for the game. I don't think that you will see the numbers within a couple of weeks. Police will go back to being very thinned out. I think that if you want to write a letter, you're best bet is looking up that particular department's website. There has to be contact information. Good luck and thanks.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:37 AM

93 posts, read 329,732 times
Speaking of the Superbowl, I'm glad I'll be gone before than! After I heard that the city spent $4 million on just street glamour alone (planting palm trees) I was stunned! Once again, it's just to cover up the problems to out of state visitors!

$4 million would be better spent on more police enforcement! And yeah I realize the bowl will bring money in, but once again visitors will come and sh*t on the place, than leave.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:15 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,678,341 times
just turn on channel 4, 6, 7, or 10....they report on all the local crime / car crashes / shootings / break ins / etc they can get their hands on....makes it seem like a war zone!

Lately, it seems like we've had a lot of hit & run drivers with kids being hit...now that's just not right!

Old 01-26-2007, 06:50 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,399,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
just turn on channel 4, 6, 7, or 10....they report on all the local crime / car crashes / shootings / break ins / etc they can get their hands on....makes it seem like a war zone!

Lately, it seems like we've had a lot of hit & run drivers with kids being hit...now that's just not right!
There's a lot of hit and runs because there's a lot of people out there with warrants, suspended driver's licenses, no insurance, driving drunk or high or driving cars with tags from other cars. There are also people driving stolen cars with VIN switches.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:58 AM

929 posts, read 1,155,181 times
im surprised there isnt a huge meth problem here like there is in LA. i mean with the popularity of stimulants like cocaine and cuban coffee here.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:42 PM

93 posts, read 329,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
im surprised there isnt a huge meth problem here like there is in LA. i mean with the popularity of stimulants like cocaine and cuban coffee here.
Meth is huge in the northwest too. It's cheap and easy to make in your kitchen or trunk of a car. Meth is considered "white trash," though. I hear meth is becoming a problem everywhere, I thought it was just the northwest.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:54 PM

183 posts, read 567,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyg View Post
Sure, I'll tell you all about it. This can be long but I will try to make it short. At age 15 working at BK, there was a model murderer, who at that time had already killed 6 girls, I would have been the 7th. My Dad and brother took care of that. At 17 went to Opa Locka with a group of girl to visit a friend. Made a wrong turn and ended up in Liberty City (leaving out some details here) had five guys jump on the car we were in, the one guy with the gun came around the passenger side and with his gun he hit my face sevreal times. Thank God my friend put the car on drive and who ever got in her way got hit (she was just 18 at the time) At 21 riding ATV/ATC had two guys pull in front of my ATV - my ATV breaks down at that very same time. They each had guns, they fired at my husband who was about 2 blocks away
(we were riding in a large area) and they put the gun on my head and I did not give them a chance to even speak, I gave them my bike and started running like hell......(like I've said before in other post, I can run..lol) When I got to my hubby and sister I actually thought I'd been shot. At 35 getting home from Walmart, 3 cops running down my block, run by with big guns, I had to run under my car, and pray that my kids would not come running out to see me while there are cops running around with loaded guns, anyone can accidently get shot. They said they were looking for people who were shooting paintballs at the vehicles that were driving by on the main road. Last night driving home from work, I was in a four way stop sign. I have this car behind me honking his butt off at me and on my tail. I was driving about 25 miles per hour (not fast enough) the car behind me gets next to me, very close, first shoots me a birdie and tries to run me off the road, not once but three times, he than cuts in front of my car and brakes really hard. He was not trying to hit my car, it looked that way but he was actually driving his car into me so that I could loose control and probably crash. There was rage all over his face. I followed him, with 911 on the phone, got his tag number and he tried speeding away and took a red light, I was able to catch up when he had pulled inside the parking lot of this house, and thought he had gotten away. I drove up and blocked his car with my car. He looked like he was going to get out of his car, I put my car in gear and waited for him to approach me, he would of never made it near my car, my car was on drive, ready to drive over his A**. I know I should not have followed him. Had he pulled out a gun - I could of been serioulsy hurt. My mom has been mugged three times, my aunt got mugged leaving her job and was beaten a little, when I was 18 my friend got killed at Coconut Grove (he drove to a dark area to pee and was shot at 19) I could go on, but I wont. I have a few more months here in Miami and I have to be strong minded in order to survive four more months in this place. Write me anytime.
That's amazing. On another thread you posted that they tried to break into your home twice. I bet you will stay away from Liberty City. I am almost sure that you will place alarms on your doors and windows. The dog is usefull, but not enough. They can easily mace the dog and he will be totally incapacitated. I know, I was testing my mace and it bounced off the wall at the back of my house and got in my face. I could'nt see, and just barely able to breathe. It took me a while to recover. Mace is very potent, but never use it indoors or you will have to evacuate for about twenty minutes.
I plan to relocate to Coral Gables/Aventura/Boca Raton. Liberty City and some other places mentioned on this forum will be off limits for me.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:58 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,467,392 times
[quote=PNW2007;293162]The rule of thumb, stay here at least 5 years, than move.[quote]

Hey what about the snowbirds that only have winter places there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami