U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:58 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,468,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoverandShaker2004 View Post
The young lady was looking for a handsome young white male. I assume what she meant was professional white male that speaks English as a first language. That's a tall order on brickell ave. There are many more that fit into that category on South Beach. There are also tons more restaurants, bars and cultural venues on South Beach to gain exposure in a competitive dating climate. What do you mean by WASP?

Reading carefully and digesting the information accurately is not easy for everyone. I quoted the OP below, and you know what they say about ASSUME? So it might be better if you didn't do it so much.

this is what the OP stated. Bit different from what you saw.

dating scene for someone who is caucasion and would likely prefer to date within her own race
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoverandShaker2004 View Post
The young lady was looking for a handsome young white male. I assume what she meant was professional white male that speaks English as a first language. That's a tall order on brickell ave. There are many more that fit into that category on South Beach. There are also tons more restaurants, bars and cultural venues on South Beach to gain exposure in a competitive dating climate. What do you mean by WASP?
WASP literally means White Anglo Saxon Protestant. How many of those do you know?

You know, my experience is that once you get to the higher echelons of socioeconomic status, diversity is extremely common. You tend to not concentrate so much on skin color or ethnicity.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerMan View Post
I am a white non-hispanic man!! when have I ever said otherwise?!?! And when have I said there were clubs in brickell too?!?! I said I frequent the area.
Its really not something I think about when i go out, I dont go out and check how much white people there are or how much black people there are at a bar. I just go and enjoy myself and with most hispanics you really cant know if they are hispanic or not unless you ask them their last name. Ive personally met alot of white "non-hispanic" people in Brickell and made good friends, if its really that important. But its not hard to see the area is bursting with young professionals and I'll venture out to say alot of them are white "non-hispanic"!!-----yes I did.
Ooopsss.... A last name does not mean that you have to be hispanic.

I've been around CD a long time now and I banned myself from Miami for almost just as long, just coming back now, and I'm about changing my mind again but....there was a thread here a while back about this same exact topic. Europeans, hispanics, ancestries, etc. Sunrico must remember.

I'm not going to get into this whole discussion again but I think some history lessons may benefit a lot of people.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:12 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,867,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Ooopsss.... A last name does not mean that you have to be hispanic.

I've been around CD a long time now and I banned myself from Miami for almost just as long, just coming back now, and I'm about changing my mind again but....there was a thread here a while back about this same exact topic. Europeans, hispanics, ancestries, etc. Sunrico must remember.

I'm not going to get into this whole discussion again but I think some history lessons may benefit a lot of people.
Don't let a couple of sour apples discourage you from participating in the forum in which you live and know MORE about. Some of these people are just bitter with life in general, and have to lash out, or blame someone. Eventually, they'll get banned AGAIN, and start up with a new screen name. It's funny how many "new members" turn out to be trolls. By the way, it's good to have you back.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
Don't let a couple of sour apples discourage you from participating in the forum in which you live and know MORE about. Some of these people are just bitter with life in general, and have to lash out, or blame someone. Eventually, they'll get banned AGAIN, and start up with a new screen name. It's funny how many "new members" turn out to be trolls. By the way, it's good to have you back.
LOLLL... Thanks MV. Sometimes thicker skin comes in handy eh?

Old 05-02-2008, 07:23 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,867,294 times
You just have to let it roll off your back and laugh at it. Look at the big picture, if you will.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:23 AM

6,853 posts, read 19,100,442 times
Look the fact is in Miami-Dade County, if a caucasion (non hispanic/non spanish/non latin background) woman wants to date someone of the same background in Miami-Dade County. She will have a hard time finding a caucasion male, its not impossible, but the pool of men is small. Caucasions are a minority in this County 18.3% of this county is White Non-Hispanic.

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY STATS
Hispanic/Latin origin 61.3%
Blacks 20.2%
White (non hispanic) 18.3%
Asian 1.5%
American Indian .3%

Some of you can twist it anyway you want, but the reality is White Non-Hispanic Men in Dade County probably are starting to become a novelty to some extent. If this woman wants to date someone with a similiar background like herself, she really shouldn't move to Miami-Dade County.

I am going to do a little math. We all know that woman make up the majority of this world, so that 18.3% of White Non Hispanic population is actually at least half if not less than half are men. So at most this county has 9% White Non Hispanic Men. Not many. And we all know we have one of the largest gay populations in the country, so some of that 9% is unavailable to her. And some of that 9% are married. So her pool of white men is getting smaller and smaller. She shouldn't move here if she wants to meet a White Non Hispanic background man. If she wants to meet and date someone she will most likely have to expand her requirements to include hispanic men.

Last edited by doggiebus; 05-02-2008 at 09:34 AM..

Old 05-02-2008, 09:37 AM

Well as I said before, since White and hispanic are not mutually exclusive, maybe she'll meet a white hispanic who will just turn her world upside down and she'll never look back.

Life has a ton of surprises stored for each and every one of us so we shouldn't knock the unknown just yet.

BTW...it's caucasiAn.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:40 AM

6,853 posts, read 19,100,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Well as I said before, since White and hispanic are not mutually exclusive
Don't start to twist it.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Don't start to twist it.
I am not twisting anything. Think what you wish. I'm calling it a day. Not worth spending any more of it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or