U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 05:28 PM

72 posts, read 43,132 times

Advertisements

I think this would be a great thread to share suggestions for good food delivered to the house and at the same time support local businesses. I use DoorDash and have discovered these places to order from.

El Toro Loco Churrascaria! Wow, great Brazilian food delivered to the door. I order from this place almost every weekend. Good options for those who are on a diet, the roasted veggies are plentiful and go with any protein and fill you up. Picanha was awesome.

Two Brothers Pizzeria & Restaurant - Awesome Italian food in the Kendall area. If DoorDash is out of your area maybe try Uber Eats. Very generous portions and dinners come with salad and garlic rolls. Never had a bad meal from this place, very flavorful Italian food, tastes like homemade. Tons of options from the menu! They also have good pizza.

Amici's Trattoria Italiana - Another awesome Italian place. Since Two Brothers is closed on Mondays, Amici's is open when in need of good Italian grub. Great variety on the menu. Their pizza is the best in Kendall and I would say one of the best in all of Miami, at least in the top 5. Try Uber Eats if Door Dash is out of area.

Bonefish Grill - They deliver through DoorDash. Yes it is a corporate chain but you are still helping out local jobs/people who work there. The Maryland crab cakes and their coleslaw are awesome!

Well that is my list of local places to support and order delivery. Share your places to help others discover good food while supporting local businesses!

Last edited by Jam-Man; 02-08-2021 at 05:44 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2021, 12:27 PM

10,848 posts, read 14,787,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-Man View Post
I think this would be a great thread to share suggestions for good food delivered to the house and at the same time support local businesses. I use DoorDash and have discovered these places to order from....

Bonefish Grill - They deliver through DoorDash. Yes it is a corporate chain but you are still helping out local jobs/people who work there. The Maryland crab cakes and their coleslaw are awesome!
Yes, but that's also true for Burger King, Chilis, IHOP and every other national chain. So what criterion should we use to support local restaurants as opposed to national chains?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-Man View Post
Amici's Trattoria Italiana - Another awesome Italian place. Since Two Brothers is closed on Mondays, Amici's is open when in need of good Italian grub. Great variety on the menu. Their pizza is the best in Kendall and I would say one of the best in all of Miami, at least in the top 5. Try Uber Eats if Door Dash is out of area.
Just out of curiosity, what would be the other 4 pizza places in your top five?

Old 02-09-2021, 01:21 PM

11,936 posts, read 11,946,576 times
Why would I order delivery when I can go eat there?

We've recently eaten at Hillstone, Swan, Komodo, Michaels Genuine and Wynwood Kitchen.

They were all amazing.

Old 02-09-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Why would I order delivery when I can go eat there?
Because there are quite a few people who don't want to eat in indoor dining rooms during a pandemic, but would still like to do all they can to support local restaurants.

Old 02-09-2021, 03:52 PM

786 posts, read 526,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Yes, but that's also true for Burger King, Chilis, IHOP and every other national chain. So what criterion should we use to support local restaurants as opposed to national chains?

Just out of curiosity, what would be the other 4 pizza places in your top five?

Frankie's on Bird Road is worth a go.

Old 02-09-2021, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Because there are quite a few people who don't want to eat in indoor dining rooms during a pandemic, but would still like to do all they can to support local restaurants.
It's not either or.

Probably 99% of all South Florida restaurants have outdoor dining. Some are 100% outdoor.

Old 02-09-2021, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
It's not either or.

Probably 99% of all South Florida restaurants have outdoor dining. Some are 100% outdoor.
That's complete lunacy.

Old 02-09-2021, 06:56 PM

Quote:
That's complete lunacy.
What's complete lunacy? Even mall restaurants have outdoor dining.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:44 AM

This is really too ridiculous to continue arguing about. It's like arguing with someone who's convinced that the election was stolen and Trump actually won in a landslide. I'm sure nothing I write will disabuse you of your contention. But just as a point of reference, I took a look at the restaurants within a few block radius (~1 mile) of my house. Here are the results:

No Outdoor Dining
Old Lisbon
Cafe Croissant
Dale Arepa Bar
Mesanori
El Patio 305 Restaurant
Plate Cafe
Maria's Greek Restaurant
Wagyu
Simply Indian
Giorgio Cafe
Farolito Peruvian Cuisine
Ponte Vecchio
El Carajo
Hibachi Grill & Noodle Bar
Pekin Chinese Restaurant
Doggi's Arepa Bar
Neme Gastro Bar
Meson Ria de Vigo
The Mighty*
La Boulangerie*

* Have temporarily placed a couple of tables on the sidewalk

With Outdoor Seating
Mykonos Greek Restaurant
Juanchi's
Coral House
Xixon
Al Carbon
Braga Portuguese Restaurant
Paki's Latin American
Casola's Pizzaria

I may have missed a couple, but that is a general representation of my immediate neighborhood: restaurants without outdoor seating outnumber those with by more than 2:1. Now I realize that areas in tourist areas such as SoBe, Midtown, Coconut Grove, etc. are going to have a great deal more restaurants with outdoor seating, but I still maintain that you're hyperbolic contention of 99% is simply ridiculous. If you just take the 20 restaurants I listed near me without outdoor seating, that means you'd have to come up with ~2,000 other restaurants with outdoor seating. And for every other restaurant around South Florida that doesn't have outdoor seating, you'd have to identify 99 that do.

Do you still seriously believe that that is a realistic figure?

Old 02-11-2021, 09:00 AM

4,670 posts, read 2,519,440 times
Quote:
This is really too ridiculous to continue arguing about. It's like arguing with someone who's convinced that the election was stolen and Trump actually won in a landslide. I'm sure nothing I write will disabuse you of your contention. But just as a point of reference, I took a look at the restaurants within a few block radius (~1 mile) of my house. Here are the results:

No Outdoor Dining
Old Lisbon
Cafe Croissant
Dale Arepa Bar
Mesanori
El Patio 305 Restaurant
Plate Cafe
Maria's Greek Restaurant
Wagyu
Simply Indian
Giorgio Cafe
Farolito Peruvian Cuisine
Ponte Vecchio
El Carajo
Hibachi Grill & Noodle Bar
Pekin Chinese Restaurant
Doggi's Arepa Bar
Neme Gastro Bar
Meson Ria de Vigo
The Mighty*
La Boulangerie*

* Have temporarily placed a couple of tables on the sidewalk

With Outdoor Seating
Mykonos Greek Restaurant
Juanchi's
Coral House
Xixon
Al Carbon
Braga Portuguese Restaurant
Paki's Latin American
Casola's Pizzaria

I may have missed a couple, but that is a general representation of my immediate neighborhood: restaurants without outdoor seating outnumber those with by more than 2:1. Now I realize that areas in tourist areas such as SoBe, Midtown, Coconut Grove, etc. are going to have a great deal more restaurants with outdoor seating, but I still maintain that you're hyperbolic contention of 99% is simply ridiculous. If you just take the 20 restaurants I listed near me without outdoor seating, that means you'd have to come up with ~2,000 other restaurants with outdoor seating. And for every other restaurant around South Florida that doesn't have outdoor seating, you'd have to identify 99 that do.

Do you still seriously believe that that is a realistic figure?
I agree, This is really too ridiculous to continue arguing about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: