Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 07:10 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
Do people actually think your everyday group of teenagers are engaging in violent activity for fun?

Far more likely that all parties involved were being blockheaded, exchanged words, and the older dude simply lost the fight. Race probably had nothing to do with it (unless he called them the N-word, and in that case got exactly what he was asking for)
I can't believe a gun didn't come into play at some point. Had that guy pulled a gun and shot those kids there would have been a George Floyd riot/looting event within minutes. Ben Crump would sue the city for not protecting those fine children, Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton would be holding vigils and the white guy would be brought up on charges. Remember Bernard Goetz, NYC subway shooter in the 80s.......yes he broke laws but those kids got what they deserved and not one of them turned out to be any good in the subsequent decades.

South Beach full of thousandaires (wannabe millionaires), poseurs taking selfies with the rich and famous background and the undesirables flock to SB to try to take part in it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2021, 07:16 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
The sad part is some so called undesirables have ventured out and discovered other areas of Miami, besides SoBe—Wynwood and even portions of Brickell (especially South Miami Ave / Mary Brickell Village) within the past year or two in increasing numbers. Guess cheap airfares during Covid is one explanation. For those from here more restrictive Beach measures last year forced local bad apples to expand their circles. Anyways, the “openness” of Miami has brought some bad as well as good.

An “interesting encounter” is usually posted on Only in Dade.

Whenever I read about out of town jackasses causing a ruckus I’m reminded of this classic scene from “The Hangover”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ5FoqV54yw

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I can't believe a gun didn't come into play at some point. Had that guy pulled a gun and shot those kids there would have been a George Floyd riot/looting event within minutes. Ben Crump would sue the city for not protecting those fine children, Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton would be holding vigils and the white guy would be brought up on charges. Remember Bernard Goetz, NYC subway shooter in the 80s.......yes he broke laws but those kids got what they deserved and not one of them turned out to be any good in the subsequent decades.

South Beach full of thousandaires (wannabe millionaires), poseurs taking selfies with the rich and famous background and the undesirables flock to SB to try to take part in it all

Last edited by elchevere; 05-02-2021 at 07:42 AM..

Old 05-02-2021, 07:23 AM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Same thing happened in the Grove...as soon as they cleaned it up....the gangs moved in and wrecked it

Old 05-02-2021, 08:06 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Same thing happened in the Grove...as soon as they cleaned it up....the gangs moved in and wrecked it
WTF are you babbling about now?

Old 05-02-2021, 08:21 AM

1,168 posts, read 777,404 times
Quote:
I can't believe a gun didn't come into play at some point. Had that guy pulled a gun and shot those kids there would have been a George Floyd riot/looting event within minutes. Ben Crump would sue the city for not protecting those fine children, Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton would be holding vigils and the white guy would be brought up on charges.
Possibly, but that poor guy is on camera getting his a-- handed to him by a bunch of kids which is humiliating enough. Good thing he didn't make it worse by pulling out a gun.

Quote:
South Beach full of thousandaires (wannabe millionaires), poseurs taking selfies with the rich and famous background and the undesirables flock to SB to try to take part in it all.
You mean those middle-aged/elderly white guys showing off those bad tans? I know, so gross

Old 05-02-2021, 02:58 PM

154 posts, read 150,236 times
Quote:

I remember the Bernard Goetz story, the so called vigilante who defended himself on the subway by shooting his attackers. It is a story that we should all learn from. After the story broke the criminals were afraid their victims would fight back and crime on the subway dropped something like 50%.
This is exactly why we need to defend our 2nd amendment and conceal carry rights. The highest crime rates are in city with strict anti gun laws where criminals feel safe attacking their victims.

Old 05-02-2021, 04:43 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
Do people actually think your everyday group of teenagers are engaging in violent activity for fun?

Far more likely that all parties involved were being blockheaded, exchanged words, and the older dude simply lost the fight. Race probably had nothing to do with it (unless he called them the N-word, and in that case got exactly what he was asking for)
"Far more likely....probably.....unless......" I see that you have very precise knowledge of this incident. Thank you for sharing it.

Old 05-02-2021, 06:13 PM

1,168 posts, read 777,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
"Far more likely....probably.....unless......" I see that you have very precise knowledge of this incident. Thank you for sharing it.
Well, I do live in Miami. For all you know I was there. I could've been the one recording

Old 05-02-2021, 06:36 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
WTF are you babbling about now?
LOL..God you hate me

..were you even here around 1980....when the bricked the sidewalks and tried to fluff the Grove up

gangs took over on the weekends and it wasn't even safe to go there

Last edited by Corrie22; 05-02-2021 at 06:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: