U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 06:29 PM

292 posts, read 570,001 times
I heard like 30 years ago it did. Hopefully never again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 08:21 AM

763 posts, read 2,376,120 times
It could have snowed two weeks ago went it went down to 32 with wind chills in the low 20s. Jeez it was cold!

Old 02-18-2009, 07:09 PM

4,593 posts, read 4,641,909 times
It can get cold once or twice a year in Miami. Was born and raised in Miami and now go to college in Washington DC. To think I warmed up my car when it as 40F outside! Now when is anything above 45F during the winter I am going out in a long sleeve shirt happy about how warm it is. Miami is a sub-tropical climate so it does get it cold snaps but nothing compared to anywhere else in the US. Olnly place in with a more mild climate than Miami would be the Tropical climate of [SIZE=3]Hawaii. On the coast it will never get cold or too hot. By Biscayne Bay and the Ocean temps will never go above 100 or under 40 they might have gone under 40 before but not to my knowledge. The ocean keeps Miami Warm in the winter and cool during the summer. The humidity though can make it feel 110F+ daily. [/SIZE]

Old 02-18-2009, 08:52 PM

1,335 posts, read 2,198,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkagy View Post
It's true it has never hit 100 degrees in Miami, unlike many cities in the U.S. because of the coastal winds, and it has snowed in Miami a couple times, the last time was on January 20th, 1977.

The warmest it's ever been in Miami has been 98 degrees in 1974 and the coldest its ever been is 27 degrees in 1917.
"The machine won't let me give you more reputation"

That is really interesting how temperatures fluctuate like that. IMagine how cold it was in Jacksonville or even in the Midwest if it was 27 deg in Miami...

Old 02-19-2009, 09:12 AM

763 posts, read 2,376,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
"The machine won't let me give you more reputation"

That is really interesting how temperatures fluctuate like that. IMagine how cold it was in Jacksonville or even in the Midwest if it was 27 deg in Miami...
There was a low of 14 for Thursday and 15 for Friday in Tallahassee the week it was in the 30s in Miami a couple weeks ago.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:21 AM

5 posts, read 22,670 times
Snow in Miami?

Yes, there's snow in miami. Why you think we name 40th ST, Bird Road? We have the freshest snow out of any city in the US. 4 shipments weekly, 1 drop in the everglades, 3 up the miami river. lol

Old 03-03-2009, 04:56 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,780,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
Has it ever snowed in Miami? What is the weather like around Christmas time?
It "snowed" in 1977 and I happened to be down here from NYC with my parents visiting family .. I think I was eleven years old

Christmas weather is usually mild and balmy ( 78 degrees ) I love it ... but many people do not .

Old 03-03-2009, 04:58 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,780,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol City Taliban View Post
Snow in Miami?

Yes, there's snow in miami. Why you think we name 40th ST, Bird Road? We have the freshest snow out of any city in the US. 4 shipments weekly, 1 drop in the everglades, 3 up the miami river. lol
That was funny !!!!!!!

Old 04-17-2009, 08:22 PM

17 posts, read 36,505 times
I've lived in florida all my life the highest ever was 98 in 1998, and it has snowed 3 times in recorded history, in '77 the most famous even though it was light to moderate flurries that only piled up a little on cars, in '81 late at night the temp was only 41 but doppler showed snow fall that was a little heavier than 77 but was still light that turned into rain after falling for 23 mins, and finally '89 which happened mostly in kendall and near krome avenue where 1/4 of an inch fell on grass on xmas eve when the temp reached 29 but wasnt really recognized considering only 673 people and a few farmers lived there. And yes, christmas varies alot, 2 yrs ago i remember it was 78 and it was already 9:45 pm, and another year it was 58 at 4:56 pm with a wind chill of 49 and that night it dropped to 41! but i garrantee new years is always f***ing cold at night, on a regular new years it'll be midnight and itll be between 54-47 and it will be cold as hell. One new years i remember it was 34 at midnight and a wind chill of 25! there was also a passing ice shower which left our car covered in a thin layer of ice and had to wait til the next day for it to melt with a high of 57.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:26 PM

17 posts, read 36,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
It can get cold once or twice a year in Miami. Was born and raised in Miami and now go to college in Washington DC. To think I warmed up my car when it as 40F outside! Now when is anything above 45F during the winter I am going out in a long sleeve shirt happy about how warm it is. Miami is a sub-tropical climate so it does get it cold snaps but nothing compared to anywhere else in the US. Olnly place in with a more mild climate than Miami would be the Tropical climate of [SIZE=3]Hawaii. On the coast it will never get cold or too hot. By Biscayne Bay and the Ocean temps will never go above 100 or under 40 they might have gone under 40 before but not to my knowledge. The ocean keeps Miami Warm in the winter and cool during the summer. The humidity though can make it feel 110F+ daily. [/SIZE]
It reaches 40 or less 2-3 times a year and i like it but i start feeling bad when i hear places up north like atlanta was at 12 and NYC at 5......cant there be a balace or sumtin?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami