Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2022, 12:12 PM

7,378 posts, read 6,444,748 times

Advertisements

Seems like we had a hotter/earlier than usual weather the end of May and we’ve seemingly had (without my pulling up actual stats to back it up) a drier than normal July….does that mean it will be made up with a wetter than usual August or September….or is it anyone’s guess? For comparative purposes, last summer seemed very mild by Miami standards. This year has had a few toasty moments but nothing too out of the ordinary or like Europe.

Last edited by elchevere; 07-19-2022 at 12:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2022, 12:37 PM

1,942 posts, read 3,297,130 times
I am in NY ATM...quite toasty. This has been my first summer in living in Miami and I am very pleasantly surprised. I feared the worst from all the "it's soooo hot! It's sooo humid!" comments. But, to me it hasn't been that bad. I have gone for evening runs and didn't find it oppressive. The breeze helps! Also, having spent this year down here, I found July has had an almost constant tropical breeze all day. It's been amazing! Can't wait for August! To date, I pinch myself every day I live here.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:41 PM

Yes…the breeze definitely helps—if one lives near the ocean or bay…..as I’ve joked before—some people, not from here—think Miami summer is like The Forbidden Zone from the original Planet of the Apes…it isn’t…but let’s not get the word out that summer is tolerable here; otherwise more NY’ers and Californians will move here, especially with their new mask mandates in place (or about to).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
I am in NY ATM...quite toasty. This has been my first summer in living in Miami and I am very pleasantly surprised. I feared the worst from all the "it's soooo hot! It's sooo humid!" comments. But, to me it hasn't been that bad. I have gone for evening runs and didn't find it oppressive. The breeze helps! Also, having spent this year down here, I found July has had an almost constant tropical breeze all day. It's been amazing! Can't wait for August! To date, I pinch myself every day I live here.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:46 PM

18,280 posts, read 8,081,236 times
says we're still in La Nina.....so drier

Old 07-19-2022, 12:47 PM

1,260 posts, read 933,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Yes…the breeze definitely helps—if one lives near the ocean or bay…..as I’ve joked before—some people, not from here—think Miami summer is like The Forbidden Zone from the original Planet of the Apes…it isn’t…but let’s not get the word out that summer is tolerable here; otherwise more NY’ers and Californians will move here, especially with their new mask mandates in place (or about to).
That was the biggest surprise to me about moving down here. The summers are not that bad. I will admit come October, I am ready for the heat to leave, but I still prefer it over winter weather up north. When people are like, "The summers there are just so gross." Yeah they are humid (which does wonders for my pores and face ) but honestly, I enjoy the weather. It can be a bit much if you are out from like 11am-3pm and under the sun, but in the summer here I still do breakfast outside in the morning, go for strolls out at night, shop on LIncoln Road in the afternoon, walk and do errands throughout the day and still enjoy being outdoors. I may sweat a little more than I would back up north around this time of the year, but by no means does that mean it's unbearable, just hot.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkertinker View Post
That was the biggest surprise to me about moving down here. The summers are not that bad. I will admit come October, I am ready for the heat to leave, but I still prefer it over winter weather up north. When people are like, "The summers there are just so gross." Yeah they are humid (which does wonders for my pores and face ) but honestly, I enjoy the weather. It can be a bit much if you are out from like 11am-3pm and under the sun, but in the summer here I still do breakfast outside in the morning, go for strolls out at night, shop on LIncoln Road in the afternoon, walk and do errands throughout the day and still enjoy being outdoors. I may sweat a little more than I would back up north around this time of the year, but by no means does that mean it's unbearable, just hot.
I ran 3.5 miles the other night around 6 p.m. It wasn't that bad. There was a part where we coming back over the Venetian into the sun and yes that was hot! But, overall I keep asking myself "am I missing something?" I was expecting that I wouldn't set foot outside at all in the summer. LOL

Old 07-19-2022, 02:28 PM

18,280 posts, read 8,081,236 times
right now.....

Miami 87
New York 91
Chicago 89
Atlanta 85
Baltimore 91

in my carport.........84

last time I checked, my body temp was ~100......so anything below that is cooler than I am LOL

Old 07-19-2022, 03:12 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,299,126 times
Why do stores and restaurants in Miami blast their air conditioning? Don't they know that people like hot humid air?

Old 07-19-2022, 05:44 PM

If you think it’s bad here with the AC you would absolutely despise Dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
Why do stores and restaurants in Miami blast their air conditioning? Don't they know that people like hot humid air?

Old 07-20-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
right now.....

Miami 87
New York 91
Chicago 89
Atlanta 85
Baltimore 91

in my carport.........84

last time I checked, my body temp was ~100......so anything below that is cooler than I am LOL
I am in NY now! It's awful! No air movement. Stagnant moist air. Far worse than Miami. And the odors. Oh dear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami