Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2006, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,814 times

Advertisements

[COLOR="Teal"]My husband is currently doing construction work in the Homestead area. My daughter and I are still living in Michigan but we are planning to move down over the Summer. We will be renting at first. Mostly, I want to find someplace safe and with decent schools. Any ideas? Any comments about the Homestead and Florida City areas in general would be really helpful.
Thanks! [/color]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2006, 01:01 PM

31 posts, read 144,320 times
Hope you speak Spanish.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:57 AM

9 posts, read 33,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Mom
[COLOR="Teal"]My husband is currently doing construction work in the Homestead area. My daughter and I are still living in Michigan but we are planning to move down over the Summer. We will be renting at first. Mostly, I want to find someplace safe and with decent schools. Any ideas? Any comments about the Homestead and Florida City areas in general would be really helpful.
Thanks! [/color]
I've lived in Homestead for 27 years. Homestead is GREAT compared to Kendall..Kendall is busy, busy, busy and very hispanic. Homestead is not. There are still a lot of good ole boys in homestead. If you shop here try and stay in the north west section houses betweem $280-$350. We have walmart, bj's ,home depot, Ruby tuesdays, applebees, new theater etc. . Still a small community appeal as compared to kendall. But if you want kendall which has everything it is only 20 mins away. Homestead also has a great little downtown area with antique shops etc. There are some real treats down this way too. We have Knaus Berry farn an strawberry farm with, a bakery Delious fresh fruits and cinnoman rolls...people come from all over. We also have some really cute cafes quaint little places. The Redlands offer more rural area beautifil and a bit more expensive...but properties have more land. Schools probably aren't the so we homeschool...which is huge here. But there are good magnet schools and charter schools nearby. Alot of new construction here to beginning at about low 200's.
Fl. city is where all the big shopping is...but I probably would'nt live there unless it is out in the country. We are have everglades nat park at our back door. Also we a perfectly located between Miami and Key largo...so 20 minutes north and you have all the shopping and night life you want,,,and 20 mins south and you are in a tropical paradise. -Kathy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami