Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 09:36 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times

Advertisements

Painters misspell school in Miami-Dade -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Not sure if I should laugh, or cry......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 09:59 PM

574 posts, read 2,044,955 times
Major mistake, but I would look at it as more of a typo and everyone does that at one time or another. It has NOTHING to do with FL's public school system.

Nancy

Old 06-26-2009, 05:37 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,304,816 times
It is absolutely emblematic, even literally, and a reminder that sending children to public schools is tantamount to neglect, maybe even abuse.

Someone wrote almost two thousand years ago to dispense with the education of the schools and to have good masters at home instead.

That advice still rings true.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:45 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,902 times
thats not an indictment of the school system in dade county but rather an indictment of the person who wrote the story and the editor who allowed it to be printed as there is no way for the author of the story to know with certainty who is responsible for what is basically a typo at worst but possibly merely a freudian slip on the part of someone wishing for beerthirty to finally arrive.

the posting of this article calls another round of golf claps for the pinheads of the world. wtg sun sentinel as you once again demonstrate how truely clueless you are.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:32 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,363,340 times
my spelling is atrocious. If it wasn't for spell checker I think people in my office would probably laugh me out of the building. So I am no one to pick on someone else for spelling mistakes. On the flip side of that I hold three degrees so spelling doesn't necessarily mean you are stupid or uneducated. Just means you need a dictionary more so than others *shrugs*

Old 06-26-2009, 09:42 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
I have to say the more I have relied on spell check the worse my spelling gets. But the word school is a basic word and shouldn't have been misspelled... If they weren't sure how to spell it, they should of looked around, there are probably a few things with the word school printed some place. Or called someone on how to spell it.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:43 AM

552 posts, read 592,396 times
"It could happen anywhere."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although it really could happen anywhere, for some reason, this just doesnt suprise me. Atleast they're gonna fix it!

Old 06-26-2009, 09:45 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,363,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I have to say the more I have relied on spell check the worse my spelling gets. But the word school is a basic word and shouldn't have been misspelled... If they weren't sure how to spell it, they should of looked around, there are probably a few things with the word school printed some place. Or called someone on how to spell it.
doggiebus

I don't know what you do for a living but I work in I.T. and I am constantly sending emails. There are times I spell the simplest stuff wrong. Not because I am not sure how it is spelled but because my mind is racing on other things and on and on it goes. It could have been just a simple mistake that the person who painted it didn't catch. It happens.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:44 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
But the word school is a basic word and shouldn't have been misspelled... If they weren't sure how to spell it, they should of looked around, there are probably a few things with the word school printed some place.

Yeah, probably even on the side of the actual school just up the street?

Old 06-26-2009, 10:50 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Yeah, probably even on the side of the actual school just up the street?
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: