Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2008, 07:20 PM

22 posts, read 74,679 times

Advertisements

Hi,

New in Coral Gables. Wife got job in Ft Lauderdale (she had a long commute with her last job also). Her hours are basically normal weekdays, and they are will to give her flexibility. Is going OUT of Miami in the AM and back in during the afternoon going to be OK, or terrible? Any particular start/finish times she should request?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 08:44 PM

14 posts, read 34,679 times
Default Re

Hey bro, the problem is that you're about 4-5 miles from the highway. Getting from the Gables to the highway could be hell in the morning. You are, however, going against the traffic in the morning (not sure what the evening traffic is like). I know people who commute from other parts of Miami (Miami Beach, South Beach) and get to downtown Ft. Lauderdale in 30 minutes. I'd assume your wife's commute would be around 45 minutes.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:37 AM

710 posts, read 2,233,575 times
I did that drive for 4 years.
First CG to DEERFIELD! until the company moved to Commercial Blvd.

Getting to 95 was kind of a pain, but I would stick with US1.
Then it's a straight, basically over-speed limit shot to the Ft Lauderdale airport area.
Slows down a bit and where exactly she works in FtLaud will determine the last bit of traffic.

I usually left 8-ish in the morning - came back 5:30-6'ish. I don't think it made that much of a difference when I came back- 5:30 vs 6 vs 6:30 vs 7. She'll run into the US(eless)1 traffic again on the way home, not much on 95.

~45 miles and ~50 minutes for me - CG (near UM) to Commercial Blvd.

Get her a good commuter car (Matrix/Prius) with lots of bells and whistles and she'll be fine. Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami