Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 11:17 AM

245 posts, read 1,168,110 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if everyone here is struggingly financially like I am in South Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 11:40 AM

76 posts, read 329,393 times
Well not everyone is hurting. There are people who have very nice jobs or just have money from family. It is split and it is everywhere. It is sad how people barely make ends meet but I guess it is life and we live and learn. One day it will be your turn and you will live ok and nice. God has a plan for everyone I think and we are hear to learn our lessons but need to realize money isn't life. We need it of course but need to realize what is more important in life The whole competition on which house or car is nicer is just sad. Cause hello you could lose it all the next day and not have anything and you are worried about what people are thinking of you? But if you can afford it and deserve it all power to you Again this isn't for everyone but for alot of people everywhere. But sorry to get off the subject lol but of course everyone has more than someone else and we just do what we can do. Always be thankful for what you have though cause it could always be worse. God Bless

Old 06-12-2008, 11:55 AM

385 posts, read 1,887,167 times
i think this is why some people don't want to look at the crime, they're rich. not too many people on this forum (this is based from the replies) are struggling at all.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:48 PM

245 posts, read 1,168,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackklight View Post
i think this is why some people don't want to look at the crime, they're rich. not too many people on this forum (this is based from the replies) are struggling at all.

i agree, and that's why i haven't gotten to many responses as well to this thread already.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:59 PM

100 posts, read 500,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTOSFLA View Post
i agree, and that's why i haven't gotten to many responses as well to this thread already.
I concur with you NEWTOSFLA, and I make an above average wage, but still have to deal with a lot of belt-tightening. I walk and drive around here wondering how all these other people do it, although if you read the Herald often enough, a lot of the answer appears to be in the scams people are constantly pulling.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:18 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,305,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblanco22 View Post
I concur with you NEWTOSFLA, and I make an above average wage, but still have to deal with a lot of belt-tightening. I walk and drive around here wondering how all these other people do it, although if you read the Herald often enough, a lot of the answer appears to be in the scams people are constantly pulling.
I don't think a lot of these people are "making it". My wife is a Psychologist and she said she has a LOT of patients who are in affluent areas and many of them are losing everything from cars to house. So don't believe the facade some people try to put up. $4!7 is real right now for a lot of folks across the economic board.

Last edited by Wild Style; 06-12-2008 at 01:59 PM..

Old 06-12-2008, 01:56 PM

7 posts, read 19,853 times
NewtoSFla.....

Understand where you are coming from and I do feel the struggle everyday. Just keep pressing forward and it will turn around hopefully.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:59 PM

294 posts, read 1,145,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTOSFLA View Post
Just wondering if everyone here is struggingly financially like I am in South Florida
It's a tough economy right now. I used to think that South Florida was hit harder than elsewhere, but I've got friends and college buddies all over the US who are struggling just like us. One friend closed his business in Seattle, two were laid off in Chicago, and another school buddy in the Northwest who can't save enough to get himself out of renting. Times are tough everywhere... unfortunately.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:03 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,373,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I don't think a lot of these people are "making it. My wife is a Psychologist and she said she has a LOT of patients who are in affluent areas and many of them are losing everything from cars to house. So don't believe the facade some people try to put up. $4!7 is real right now for a lot of folks across the economic board.
I think Wildstyle hit the nail on the head. My neighbor across the street is working two jobs now to make it. I know people that a few years ago were driving very very nice cars and guess what they are not now. Maybe an E class mercedes or 5 series BMW now, still nice but not what they were driving a few years ago. People in all wealths are hurting depending on their field. So don't think you are alone right now, there are plenty of people in your shoes. Remember this is Miami, ALL SMOKE AND MIRRORS.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:07 PM

7 posts, read 19,853 times
LOL.. don't mean to laugh but an E class mercedes and a BMW is a show of hard times... Try looking at all of those working class people who are now holding bus cards in their hands ( public transit) now that is a down grade.... LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami