Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2008, 04:16 PM

5 posts, read 19,038 times

Advertisements

Do you have any suggestions on which of these might be a good apartment complex? I am trying to find an apartment that's managed & maintained by the complex, not by private individual in brickell area...

Camden Brickell (50 SW 10th st.)
Montserrat (3000 SW 3rd ave.)
One Broadway Brickell (1451 S. Miami Ave.)
Yacht Club At Brickell (1111 Brickell Bay Dr.)
Nordica (2525 SW Third ave.)
The Plaza on Brickell (901 Brickell ave.)
1550 Brickell Apartments (1550 Brickell ave.)
Tuscany Gardens (1227 SW 3rd Ave.)

Any feedback (security, good/bad maintenace, etc.) would be very helpful. I am interested in Montserrat but couldn't find any reviews on that place...

Thanks for all the input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 11,757 times
all r good choices.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:58 PM

74 posts, read 87,427 times
The problem with renting from a 'tenant' building is that you are treated as exactly that - a tenant. No matter ho much money you got to rent from a Brickell tenant building, you will still be a tenant, and you will be treated rudely by management and staff who often don't speak English (doesn't seem possible, but it happens). Renting from an owner in an 'owner' building, you have more room to negotiate your rent... And you are treated as an 'owner' in the building even though you rent. It's a more first class experience.

I just rented an already undervalued brand new 1,350 s.f. + 300 s.f. balcony apt. w/ ocean view for $1,800/month in Edgewater. Its on the 34th floor, and the building just opened in December. The guy wanted $2,200. This includes internet and cable, and the amentities at this place are sick. As for your choices...

Camden Brickell (50 SW 10th st.) VERY BAD - 2nd rate apartments- brickell price

Montserrat (3000 SW 3rd ave.) ?

One Broadway Brickell (1451 S. Miami Ave.) BAD vibes, they rent to construction
workers I hear because their occupancy is so low. Rude people there.

Yacht Club At Brickell (1111 Brickell Bay Dr.) ?

Nordica (2525 SW Third ave.) Ghost Town? the lights are on but nobody's home!

The Plaza on Brickell (901 Brickell ave.) UNFINISHED

1550 Brickell Apartments (1550 Brickell ave.) HELL - 18 month construction project, horrible reviews, I myself lived there for 1 year. Owner is a real jerk.

Tuscany Gardens (1227 SW 3rd Ave.) ???

Check out .................................................. .................apartmentratings.com

Last edited by MIAMIwolf; 06-20-2008 at 10:10 PM..

Old 06-21-2008, 07:52 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,358,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMIwolf View Post
The problem with renting from a 'tenant' building is that you are treated as exactly that - a tenant. No matter ho much money you got to rent from a Brickell tenant building, you will still be a tenant, and you will be treated rudely by management and staff who often don't speak English (doesn't seem possible, but it happens). Renting from an owner in an 'owner' building, you have more room to negotiate your rent... And you are treated as an 'owner' in the building even though you rent. It's a more first class experience.

I just rented an already undervalued brand new 1,350 s.f. + 300 s.f. balcony apt. w/ ocean view for $1,800/month in Edgewater. Its on the 34th floor, and the building just opened in December. The guy wanted $2,200. This includes internet and cable, and the amentities at this place are sick. As for your choices...

Camden Brickell (50 SW 10th st.) VERY BAD - 2nd rate apartments- brickell price

Montserrat (3000 SW 3rd ave.) ?

One Broadway Brickell (1451 S. Miami Ave.) BAD vibes, they rent to construction
workers I hear because their occupancy is so low. Rude people there.

Yacht Club At Brickell (1111 Brickell Bay Dr.) ?

Nordica (2525 SW Third ave.) Ghost Town? the lights are on but nobody's home!

The Plaza on Brickell (901 Brickell ave.) UNFINISHED

1550 Brickell Apartments (1550 Brickell ave.) HELL - 18 month construction project, horrible reviews, I myself lived there for 1 year. Owner is a real jerk.

Tuscany Gardens (1227 SW 3rd Ave.) ???

Check out .................................................. .................apartmentratings.com
That is risky given how foreclosures are rising every month. You don't want to rent something, and two months later the places is being taken over by the bank. Next thing you know you are out on the street in your PJs wondering "what do I do next".

Old 06-22-2008, 10:32 PM

74 posts, read 87,427 times
I am checking into that right now. I called my realtor and he's going to get the low down from the cable company that services the building on the possibility of service termination due to lack of association fees. Also, the leasing laws have gotten a lot more strict in the last year. The guy who owns my new apt is from Germany, that's all I know. I hope he paid cash$$$ and not 'credito' like everybody else.

My realtor's office was empty when I walked in a month ago looking for an apartment- 10 desks with 1 realtor in the corner playing solitare... Times are harsh... just be smart and you will find a great deal.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:37 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,666,843 times
My friend lives at Tuscany Gardens on SW 3rd Avenue. It is "West Brickell" and although the neighborhood is fine, it's not nearly as nice as waterfront Brickell. The building itself is well-kept, has a nice courtyard, and the rent is very reasonable for the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom units. The only downside I have heard is that the (underground) garage - there are two levels of garage; one in the basement and one on the ground floor - floods a bit during heavy rains.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:30 AM

551 posts, read 3,122,030 times
I have a friend who lives at The Plaza. She says the place is virtually empty (7 of 8 parking decks are entirely empty), but she likes it there. It's very nice...they have complimentary valet parking, a great lobby, and all the typical amenities (fitness center, pool, etc.). She hasn't had any complaints so far.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:46 AM

21 posts, read 96,059 times
There are other buildings in the area too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: