U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 01:29 PM

2,518 posts, read 9,611,148 times

Advertisements

From theherald.com today :

"Alvarez also wants to close five of the nine Team Metro offices, where residents can report code violations, pay fines and buy official documents such as stroller-parking permits. Three others would move from stand-alone sites into space already used by other county departments."

I thought of you when I read this....you must be very happy. Full article can be found here : Jobs, bus routes on Dade's chopping block - 06/24/2008 - MiamiHerald.com (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 07:28 AM

9,324 posts, read 23,018,322 times
It's a start, but I will only be happy when Team Metro is disbanded, or reassigned to help the community during these tough times. I would like to see code enforcement of residential properties cut back. They have abused everyone they have dealt with and deserve to be eliminated. While it would be nice to not see them around their offices, more could be done by doing real reform.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:22 AM

74 posts, read 56,825 times
Maybe next year after there's no more fluff to trim off the county budget they will take Team Metro outback to the chopping block...to be dismembered!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMIwolf View Post
Maybe next year after there's no more fluff to trim off the county budget they will take Team Metro outback to the chopping block...to be dismembered!
I would love to be the one doing the chopping! Nothing would make me happier to see Team Metro assigned to provide services for the disadvantaged, and to be in charge of picking up trash from parks and streets.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:37 PM

11 posts, read 34,391 times
Default Team Metro- New Name Office of Neighborhood Compliance

Team Metro hasn't been disbanded, its name was changed (apparently because of all the bad rap since its orginal purpose was to HELP PEOPLE) and being consolidated to other offices- BUT is still out there HARRASSING homeonwers. I know- they did it to me again . What is interesting is;
1- I had properly filed for the Administrative hearing
2- First they said that they did not get the Request
3- Then they finally acknoweldged it (only when I showed I had sent at copy to my County COmmissioner)
4- They scheduled the hearing for Nov 25th at 9:00 AM
5- Twenty days earlier I had requested documents from Team Mero to help prove my case
6- On Nov 20th (since Tema Metro had not provided me with all the "discovery" documents) I properly filed for a re-schedule of the Hearing
7- On the 23 I had gone out of town
8- When I got back (Nov 27th) there I had a Voice mail from Nov 25th at 9:30 AM stating that my re-scheduling had been denied.
9- A day latter I received by mail the "Official Report" from the Hearing Officer stating that 'I HAD BEEN A NO-SHOW" and in Legal essence a NO-SHOW is GUILTY BY DEFAULT.
10- I just requested a RE-HEARING due to lack of DUE-PROCESS
11- Waiting to see what happens.

SAMO-SAMO

Old 12-04-2008, 09:56 PM

Hiding evidence is an old trick they pull over and over again. They did it to my parents and to several friends because they face no punishment for it. The next time a miami-dade nco enters my parent's property without permission and I am there, he or she is going to get an experience not to be forgotten. I also have a video of one of their fine "officers" tipping over a garbage can at my parent's home before taking pictures. While the pictures mysteriously disappeared from their files, the event still appears on theit list of "violations". Another friend has seen one of the "team Metro" officers removing a license tag from a car on private property.

Last edited by tallrick; 12-04-2008 at 10:42 PM..

Old 12-05-2008, 02:55 AM

3,325 posts, read 4,649,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I would love to be the one doing the chopping! Nothing would make me happier to see Team Metro assigned to provide services for the disadvantaged, and to be in charge of picking up trash from parks and streets.
----------------

"and to be in charge of picking up trash from parks and streets."

Nothing would make me happier than the incumbent politicians earning their grotesque salary by being the ones who are picking up the trash from the streets.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Hiding evidence is an old trick they pull over and over again. They did it to my parents and to several friends because they face no punishment for it. The next time a miami-dade nco enters my parent's property without permission and I am there, he or she is going to get an experience not to be forgotten. I also have a video of one of their fine "officers" tipping over a garbage can at my parent's home before taking pictures. While the pictures mysteriously disappeared from their files, the event still appears on theit list of "violations". Another friend has seen one of the "team Metro" officers removing a license tag from a car on private property.
------------------
"Another friend has seen one of the "team Metro" officers removing a license tag from a car on private property."

They did it with the backing and blessing of the incumbents as fabricated fines are "legal " theft for the city.

In many cities or towns with ethical politicians they would not do that because if caught,video they would go to jail or min lose their job and city would be sued but here no such thing .

I subscribe to law and order but I agree many of those guys were pirates working for the city .

They dont come in gated communities not sure if they can but I have heard lots stories from home owners.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUAN ORDONEZ View Post
Team Metro hasn't been disbanded, its name was changed (apparently because of all the bad rap since its orginal purpose was to HELP PEOPLE) and being consolidated to other offices- BUT is still out there HARRASSING homeonwers. I know- they did it to me again . What is interesting is;
1- I had properly filed for the Administrative hearing
2- First they said that they did not get the Request
3- Then they finally acknoweldged it (only when I showed I had sent at copy to my County COmmissioner)
4- They scheduled the hearing for Nov 25th at 9:00 AM
5- Twenty days earlier I had requested documents from Team Mero to help prove my case
6- On Nov 20th (since Tema Metro had not provided me with all the "discovery" documents) I properly filed for a re-schedule of the Hearing
7- On the 23 I had gone out of town
8- When I got back (Nov 27th) there I had a Voice mail from Nov 25th at 9:30 AM stating that my re-scheduling had been denied.
9- A day latter I received by mail the "Official Report" from the Hearing Officer stating that 'I HAD BEEN A NO-SHOW" and in Legal essence a NO-SHOW is GUILTY BY DEFAULT.
10- I just requested a RE-HEARING due to lack of DUE-PROCESS
11- Waiting to see what happens.

SAMO-SAMO
------------------
"since its orginal purpose was to HELP PEOPLE"

lol no such gvmt agency in S.Florida . Help people is a concept politicians here dont understand its foreign to them thus incapable of creating an agency that helps anyone.

The objective is to steal your money normally I would say contact local Mayor lol but who is kidding who in this place.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,726 times
Default team metro

Quote:

what a discraceful organazation shamful ,it reminds me gestapo ssin the hitler days all i say is close them down never bring anything like that again to miami area shame on all commissioners it was a revenue generator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or