Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 06:16 PM

118 posts, read 220,722 times

Advertisements

or is everyone there hispanic.... i like miami lakes but too many hispanics imo... im looking 2 fit in a littel.. which is why im planning on moving (i currently live in weston). i was considering plantation but i want to be closer to my family.but ihave seen some cheap places in cutler bay and wondering how it is. and would a middle age black male fit in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 11:30 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,671,359 times
Alpha man:

Cutler Bay, the last time I looked at demographic info, was about 40% non-Hispanic white, 40% Hispanic of any race, and about 20% black. I was in the Cutler Bay Target buying some things this spring and I saw a diverse group of people there. Same thing goes for the Cutler Ridge Mall. With that said, I would guess that the great majority of the black people live in the west side of Cutler Bay. I have driven through eastern Cutler Bay (newer home developments closer to Biscayne Bay) and have not seen many black people. However, I neither live there nor spend a lot of time there so maybe my observations aren't completely in line with the reality. Hopefully someone who lives there can let you know some more. One thing I can tell you though is that Cutler Bay is MUCH "blacker" than Miami Lakes - LOL white Cuban areas like that don't have a reputation for attracting a lot of black people, but Cutler Ridge has been diverse (and has had a black community) for a very long time.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:46 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Alpha man - Cutler Bay is a place of mixed races. Blacks live west of US 1 for the most part, but there are some east of US1. Also Goulds (not a place I ever would suggest) is just south of Cutler Bay (aka Cutler Ridge) which is mostly poor black. I really wouldn't suggest living in Cutler Bay either for that matter, but....If you move from any place Kendall Drive south (stay east though the further west you go the mostly hispanic it gets) its pretty diverse white, black, hispanics, compared to Broward County. Weston and Plantation are more white and hispanic. So don't just limit yourself to looking at Cutler Bay. Don't look at west kendall thought, mostly hispanic.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:31 PM

how does cutler bay still have whites? its in dade?the neighborhood i checked is on caribbean boulveard... good?

Old 07-13-2008, 10:30 PM

Yes, Cutler Bay has "whites" - and as surprising as it may be, most of them are NOT Hispanic. Caribbean Boulevard EAST of the Turnpike is a middle class, diverse neighborhood. The further east you go on Caribbean (past Marlin Road and Franjo Road), the nicer it gets. However, I doubt there are many black people once you get to northeast Cutler Bay bordering Palmetto Bay. That area is probably 50% non-Hispanic white, 40% Hispanic (but mostly white), and 10% Asian or black. Caribbean Boulevard WEST of the turnpike (past Southridge Mall) has a much higher percentage of blacks.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 7,722 times
From when I lived in Cutler Ridge/Bay more black people began moving in I wouldn't say it was completely black but it's not like it's all hispanics and whites either. You wouldn't be out of place even if you were on the mall side of US-1

Old 07-14-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Yes, Cutler Bay has "whites" - and as surprising as it may be, most of them are NOT Hispanic. Caribbean Boulevard EAST of the Turnpike is a middle class, diverse neighborhood. The further east you go on Caribbean (past Marlin Road and Franjo Road), the nicer it gets. However, I doubt there are many black people once you get to northeast Cutler Bay bordering Palmetto Bay. That area is probably 50% non-Hispanic white, 40% Hispanic (but mostly white), and 10% Asian or black. Caribbean Boulevard WEST of the turnpike (past Southridge Mall) has a much higher percentage of blacks.
i find this very interesting. i prefer living in white/black areas because they seem more "american" to me (everyone can speak english).im just wondering how this is, because my son would be going to school in cutler ridge, hes 15. but the schools dont have any whites in them? how can that be? i checked the stats of the schools and they seem non white and mostly bad. i dont understand how culter ridge can have whites living there but not in the schoosl. and the street name is bahama dr... good or bad?

Old 07-14-2008, 03:58 PM

I just looked it up on a map and I can tell you that from driving around, the area around Bahama Drive (which is between the Turnpike and Marlin Road) is probably the most diverse area of Cutler Ridge. I am *guessing* that the area where you looked is probably 40% Hispanic (from a variety of countries), 35% non-Hispanic white, and 25% non-Hispanic black. The further east you go the more non-Hispanic white it gets. I am assuming that your 15 year old son would attend Southridge High School. The demographics of that school are about 50% Hispanic (of any race and various nationalities), 40% non-Hispanic black, and 10% non-Hispanic white. I doubt it feels overwhelmingly Hispanic because only half of the students are Hispanic. Besides, (virtually) all of the Hispanic kids speak English and most of them were raised in the US, so it's not like there will be a big divide between them and everyone else. Cutler Ridge is hands-down one of the most diverse places in Miami-Dade County; you will most definitely have the chance to interact with whites, blacks, and Hispanics of all nationalities and colors if you move there.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:58 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha man View Post
i find this very interesting. i prefer living in white/black areas because they seem more "american" to me (everyone can speak english).im just wondering how this is, because my son would be going to school in cutler ridge, hes 15. but the schools dont have any whites in them? how can that be? i checked the stats of the schools and they seem non white and mostly bad. i dont understand how culter ridge can have whites living there but not in the schoosl. and the street name is bahama dr... good or bad?
Yeah, hispanics aren't american.. but buying dem grillz are da only way to grow up in dat 305

Old 07-15-2008, 10:36 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times
some areas of cutler bay are near Goulds and have a large black population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami