U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-27-2008, 10:52 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,285,778 times
Question What happened to all the Miami Subs?

I was wondering if anyone knew why like half of the Miami Subs in Florida closed down?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 07:46 AM
TD*

1,075 posts, read 1,433,900 times
probably has to do with costs, growing to rapidly, slow sales.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:12 PM

I noticed a great difference in cleanliness and food quality from one MIami Subs to another...

Old 07-28-2008, 02:31 PM

1,782 posts, read 4,571,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew why like half of the Miami Subs in Florida closed down?

Because of sub par sandwiches and all the other sub shops that sprang up and wiped them out.

They were too much like subway nothing really unique about them.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:25 PM

They were way better than subway! They had Bryers ice cream, and every kind of snack under the sun. They probably failed cuz they weren't commercial enough. Miami Subs was one of the few places to get a meal "made to order" ie made after you order it by a cook, your food was never pre made and sitting on a heat rack...

Old 07-29-2008, 09:16 AM

700 posts, read 1,942,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
They were way better than subway! They had Bryers ice cream, and every kind of snack under the sun. They probably failed cuz they weren't commercial enough. Miami Subs was one of the few places to get a meal "made to order" ie made after you order it by a cook, your food was never pre made and sitting on a heat rack...
Absolutely! I use to love their chicken pitas and no one else can come close to being as good as they were.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:00 PM

940 posts, read 1,739,907 times
They used to be good,there's still one open close to my house but all the other ones are disappearing.We went to one location and someone in my group ordered a tuna sub that must have had 1oz of tuna in it,probably a week later this location was closed.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,050 times
Founder sold his empire to mob-included Miami Subs and Cruise Ship line (don't know if he knew that's who he was selling to or not) however the mob had a scheme. Paid him the down payment (a lot of money!) to seal the deal. The money cut with secure bank check wasn't really "secure" because there was someone from the "inside" inside the band that set it up. Eventually the money would have rolled in through the business itself I guess and not one would have been the wiser? Or may be it was the mobs intent to scam and by the time he found out it would be to late? No real clear -- research online and your should find news articles. It was all over the place. Major networks. Anyway the Founder finds out. Starts proceedings to null and void the deal to get his properties back and the mob surrounds him one day in a parking lot and shots him dead in the middle of the afternoon in downtown Maimi. Or some other some such close to that. Abams-- another one in the news. Win tight with and huge contributor to "W" as in Bush. Abramse connected to the scam/mob and that is why he was in news then prosecuted. Miami subs went belly up. Hadn't changed back to founder yet the corruption was uncovered so it created a mess for the company... What a sad sad day. The had the most fantastic hamburgers in the world! Nothing equaled those burgers. And their onion rings! OMG!

Old 05-13-2009, 10:51 AM

413 posts, read 829,424 times
Miami Subs went belly up because they weren't that great at least the one in my area. I went there to find a second job and the manager was a sexist pig. He said he had all the girls he needed working there and they were only looking for guys. I checked and was told that what he did was illegal. The food wasn't that great. It is now a BBQ place which is much better.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:55 PM

9,342 posts, read 15,595,044 times
I used to love them until I got as moldly stuffed grape leaves. That was my last visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami