U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-27-2008, 10:23 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,322,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I have never seen people as mean and insane as in Miami. Right behind my parents live a couple of nuts who hate trees and therefore make threats against my parents and call the county on them. You cannot reason with those people, they are just insane. I have come to the conclusion that Miami breeds insanity more than anywhere else in Florida or the US in general. There is a surplus of people, and some of them are rejects from the rest of the US and all over the world. Of course there are still a lot of really nice people left. If there was an eraser for the bad people Miami could have hope of being better.
------------

Nature to many here seem's to be an eye sore. Chop it down and pave it over seem's to be the "style" here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natali26 View Post
I also want to say: I Love Miami!!!!

Wouldn't you "love it more" if people drove better- city had politician's who actually ran it better ?

Old 08-27-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Try telling that to someone in Haiti who has no food to eat. The worst areas of South Florida are better than the suburbs of Port-au-Prince.
-------------

Yes that's for sure and the politician's here are GOLD compared to the monster's all over Latin America ,Haiti , etc .

Compared to other areas of USA they are horrible.

My "mistake" was living in PA for 27 years (except when I was over -seas) before moving here thus find many thing's here deplorable.

Guess I got used to North America standards before coming here.
It seem's most here are born here or have come from another country thus the politician's ,standard's are great compared to where they came from which is why politicas here have a home for life.

For many who have come from another state it is backward's and hard if not impossible to adjust . Imagine that's why many go back .

Does have it's good point's like weather ,beaches .

Old 08-27-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Only people in Miami mortgage their elderly parent's house underneath them to buy a new Benz or take out multiple lines of credit to go "clubbing"

You do have some crazy money here . A friend work's in Cadillac dealership they just sold 7 diff colored Humvees to a guy from Coral Gables .

Bought 2 for his 17 yr old son and 5 for himself. Now that's money lol.
The man is a recent citizen who moved here.

Keep in mind new big money coming in from Mexico and few yrs back from Venezuela among other places .

Old 08-27-2008, 11:19 AM

4 posts, read 9,419 times
Default Do you have a lot of money?

If you have a lot of money and want to party...come on down. But that is pretty much the scene in Miami Beach. It is expensive and any real needs will require you drive across the bridge to Miami proper...not fun...

Old 08-27-2008, 12:45 PM

3,644 posts, read 3,552,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reelectnoone View Post
If you have a lot of money and want to party...come on down. But that is pretty much the scene in Miami Beach. It is expensive and any real needs will require you drive across the bridge to Miami proper...not fun...
Yes, if you have money there is no shortage of places to spend it on Miami Beach. The Setai (5 star hotel) has a "room" that is 10,000 square feet and cost 30,000 a night. Beyond rediculous.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Yes, if you have money there is no shortage of places to spend it on Miami Beach. The Setai (5 star hotel) has a "room" that is 10,000 square feet and cost 30,000 a night. Beyond rediculous.

I have never seen it but heard there is a private "island" in Miami that only the very rich live and the average person can not access?

Old 08-27-2008, 02:26 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,361,951 times
Just yesterday I drove down SW 21st street between 72nd and 57th avenues. It was very ghetto, but not in the traditional sense (Compton, Harlem)... The housing was a mix of ramshackle apartment buildings with McMansions scattered all about surrounded by high concrete walls. Every yard had 5 or six cars parked on the grass. The whole street was a masive agglomeration of vehicles... It looked like a rough area, but the streets and front lawns (LOL) were scattered with new model Lexuses and Mercedes. That street just made me laugh. Maybe those people could move out of that hood if they didn't waste so much money on new cars.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:56 PM

710 posts, read 1,435,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Just yesterday I drove down SW 21st street between 72nd and 57th avenues. It was very ghetto, but not in the traditional sense (Compton, Harlem)... The housing was a mix of ramshackle apartment buildings with McMansions scattered all about surrounded by high concrete walls. Every yard had 5 or six cars parked on the grass. The whole street was a masive agglomeration of vehicles... It looked like a rough area, but the streets and front lawns (LOL) were scattered with new model Lexuses and Mercedes. That street just made me laugh. Maybe those people could move out of that hood if they didn't waste so much money on new cars.
I just used Google maps to "drive" down that street -- specifically between 72 and 67th. (It doesn't seem to go to 57th??) I went up and down the street, looking at both sides counting cars. Approximately 150 cars. 1 definate newer Mercedes parked outside a gated house. 1 probable older Lexus. (About 3 cars I couldn't judge what model they were but almost certainly NOT newer model anything.)

Try it! It's very cool.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...41425437212414

I guess the "scattered new model Lexuses and Mercedes" and "every yard that had 5 or six cars parked on the grass" where gone the day Google drove by! lol

(Geez, I have TOO much time on my hands!)

EDIT: Just went down to 62nd ... out of ~100 more cars, 1 more Mercedes! That's 3 out of ~250 cars. Sounds like an epidemic to me! lmao

You think that's a ghetto?? The part east of 67th actually looks kinda nice.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...07010458605178

(I STILL have too much time on my hands!)

Last edited by planetsurf; 08-27-2008 at 04:13 PM..

Old 08-27-2008, 02:58 PM

483 posts, read 1,026,704 times
Go anywhere from Portland to Salt lake City to Boston and everywhere in between and you will find the same thing. Today Americas poor neighborhoods are perdominatly dominated by the ghetto culture, rap/hip-hop stars are looked up to and praised, rap/hip hop stars are flashy money spending thugs. The neighborhood can be anyhwere from Westchester which is a hispanic middle to lower class area to poor neighborhoods in LA that can be heavily Asian to inner city Philadelphia which are heavily black and it will be the same thing. Low income, ugly neighborhood with flashy cars, the latest I-Pod, the newest cell phone, shiny teeth grills, and $200 shoes, yet have anythign froma ****ty job to no job and hardly beign able to pay their homes but somehow it happens!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami