U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 08-15-2008, 12:35 PM

5,079 posts, read 7,793,065 times
Default Floriday Keys and places to eat...

ok folks and fellow Floridians (I'm originally from Florida but in Cocoa Beach) and have been living in PA for several years now.

Anyway, i'm coming back down and am SO excited!! We are heading to the keys and I'm wondering if anyone has good restaurant suggestions. I like the great local places for seafood.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-18-2008, 10:46 AM

56 posts, read 166,993 times
you might have better luck on tripadvisor for restaurants, that's what I've been using.

Unread 08-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Status: "Enjoying the cool front for a few days." (set 10 days ago)

6,259 posts, read 11,576,087 times
Where exactly are you going to be in the Keys, this will better help us give you suggestions.

Unread 08-18-2008, 07:12 PM

3,371 posts, read 6,873,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
ok folks and fellow Floridians (I'm originally from Florida but in Cocoa Beach) and have been living in PA for several years now.

Anyway, i'm coming back down and am SO excited!! We are heading to the keys and I'm wondering if anyone has good restaurant suggestions. I like the great local places for seafood.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
I'll suggest some places if you let me know where you'll be staying / spending your time.

Unread 08-19-2008, 01:44 PM

5,079 posts, read 7,793,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I'll suggest some places if you let me know where you'll be staying / spending your time.

Thanks! I guess that would have helped if I had specified huh? We are going to be staying in Key Largo. Any thoughts??

Unread 08-19-2008, 01:52 PM

The Fish House (Mile Marker 102 Oceanside) is known for its seafood. Another place to try is Sundowners (Mile Marker 104 Gulfside), which is right on the water and is a nice place to go for a drink and to watch the sunset. Here are links to their websites so that you can view their menus:

The Fish House and Fish House Encore, Key Largo, FL
Key Largo Restaurant offering waterside in the Florida Keys: Sundowners

Unread 08-19-2008, 03:03 PM

21 posts, read 69,751 times
I like Snappers in Key Largo - that also is on the water and they have music out on the back deck. You can feed the fish out there and if the weather is bad the inside is just as much fun. The food is very good and being from Jersey this is one of the few places down here that remind me of back home.

hope you can stop by there
www.snapperskeylargo.com

Unread 08-19-2008, 03:08 PM

That looks good! I'll have to go the next time I'm down in the Keys visiting my parents (which will be for Christmas). If you want a Jersey-style pizzeria in the Upper Keys, try Boardwalk Pizza at Mile Market 88 in Plantation Key. The food is decent and lots of ex-NY/NJ people go there. My mom grew up in NJ and loves it.

Unread 08-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Status: "Enjoying the cool front for a few days." (set 10 days ago)

6,259 posts, read 11,576,087 times
Don't go to The Fish House, that place is over priced and not on the water. Not sure why people go to this place as there are many other places with great food and better location (and sometimes cheaper).

Snappers is great, they have live music on the weekends, oceanside (so you can't watch a sunset) and the food is good. One of our favorite spots in Key Largo.

For Mexican his Senjor Frijoles (sp????) and right next door is Sundowners. Another place we like is Buzzards Roost BuzzRoost.com The Best Seafood In The Keys !
Ballyhoos is really popular I haven't been though. For Pizza, Tower Pizza is the place. Hobos is good for lunch, haven't been in a long time though. The Big Chill, haven't been yet as its new, haven't heard great things about the service there, so I am not sure if I should even mention this place.

For Breakfast you have to go to Gannims or Harriettes, on the weekends these places are both packed, fyi.

20-30 minutes south in Islamorada are some really great places. Islamorada Fish Company (the original one) Bentleys (not on the water but great food, you should make a reservation for this place as it fills up) Marker 88, Lori Lei (haven't been in a while as we prefer the other places over this one). After dinner go and have drinks at Morada Bay they usually have a live music with tiki torches and chairs in the sand.

Unread 08-19-2008, 07:40 PM

I second Morada Bay! - it's a very nice setting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami