Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 05:20 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,331,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
!!!Make sure you learn English when you get here!!!

lol why ? No need at all . I haven't spoken English once in two years since moving to Doral from PA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsma2002 View Post
I also know a Spanish family who just moved back to Spain after living here a few years... they didn't like it here.
----------------

Because Spain is a machine of efficiancy compared to S.Florida.

A public transportation that is light yrs compared to S. Florida. I don't know anyone who has come to S.Florida from Europe and liked it or from most N. States.

I was talking to a guy at the gym today he is Panamanian American and his wife Italian American both from NY .

She lasted here 4 months and went back couldn't stand it.
Perhaps it was the language problem or the most inept politicians in N.America she couldn't get used to.

He is now in a dilema as can't transfer from work.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerMan View Post
You CANNOT compare public transportation in America to ANY city in the the US of A! the only exception probaly New York, Boston, Philadelphia, DC, and San Francisco. The rest will fail miserably to Europe where they are lightyears ahead. If thats really that important to you then you might as well stop looking and just go to the cities already stated.
----------------

"The rest will fail miserably to Europe where they are lightyears ahead."

Very true but S.Florida for city it's size is deplorable. In PA with 2 feet of snow in smaller area's the bus service blew away S.Florida ESP Doral.

I used to take the bus there in big snow storms and blew this place away any day.
I drive but it just annoys me how badly S.Florida's political Cuban Cosa Nostra runs this place and how everyone accepts it .

Old 09-08-2008, 05:50 PM

483 posts, read 1,542,167 times
Im sorry but Spain has one of the wildest drivers I have ever seen, all of europe. Nothing here compares to what happens in the streets over there.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:09 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,136,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
!!!Make sure you learn English when you get here!!!
I think the poster's English is actually pretty good. Perfectly understandable. And she was really not asking about a language issue at all so why even bring it up!

Old 09-08-2008, 06:11 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,136,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
----------------

"The rest will fail miserably to Europe where they are lightyears ahead."

Very true but S.Florida for city it's size is deplorable. In PA with 2 feet of snow in smaller area's the bus service blew away S.Florida ESP Doral.

I used to take the bus there in big snow storms and blew this place away any day.
I drive but it just annoys me how badly S.Florida's political Cuban Cosa Nostra runs this place and how everyone accepts it .
We are actually called the Cuban Mafia.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:19 PM

41 posts, read 117,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerMan View Post
Im sorry but Spain has one of the wildest drivers I have ever seen, all of europe. Nothing here compares to what happens in the streets over there.
Huhh have you ever been to Italy and France (Paris that is) I lived in both..wowo..talk about crazy drivers..in Italy it seems traffic lights are just in there for the beauty of the city..and Paris..okay...I opted for leaving my car at the train station and use the subway to make to Paris..(Nation)

or Germany where there is not speed limit..

However, most european countries by law requires months of driving school to be able to get a driving license, here you just need..well..to breath to be able to drive.

Then again..and this must be only the area where I was living in while in Miami..people were really really older and driving.....actually you could only see their hands driving...not heads whatsoever....at times..I felt like if they would have been driving any slower..they would have been driving backwards..
My experience.

Why older people won't use a comfortable public transportation in Miami or South Florida...huh..maybe because there is none?

Thanks for listening..and I love this Country I call now home deeply,just calling things they were they are
Montserrat

Last edited by montserrat; 09-08-2008 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: grammar mistake and adding a sentence

Old 09-08-2008, 06:27 PM

483 posts, read 1,542,167 times
^^ I said all of europe has crazy drivers that are beyond what anything we have here.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
We are actually called the Cuban Mafia.

I call them Cosa Nostra as you know in Spanish or Italian it's "This thing of ours".

I wouldn't call the S.Florida politicians MAFIA as the MAFIA from what I understand is capable of getting things done and does thing's correctly.
I wouldn't doubt they also steal less .

As a Cuban myself born in Cuba who thanks God I lived up North before coming here .
I don't vote blindly along race and party which in truth mean's nothing here.

It's to bad so many here walk lock step and don't open their eye's.

There is a cartoon that describes this place perfectly -
An elderly Cuban couple is standing on Miami Beach looking in Cuba's direction.

A S.Florida Cuban politician is saying "Keep looking at Cuba and Fidel" While they look across the water.
He has his hands in the man's wallet and the woman's purse .

Old 09-09-2008, 03:45 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,126,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIA79 View Post
Hello everyone,
I need to know the safe areas for a small family in Miami.
I've read to many post, and I think for me it could be good Coral Gables,
but I would like to know about El Doral.
I'm a single mom of eight years old son, we are going to live there alone
so for me is very important to find a good area for us.
Thank you!

Sorry but I dont write very good in english....
Please answer the OP or don't post off topic comments. We deleted half of the posts because of not related inputs that derails the thread. Again, please reply to the OP or don't post...

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami