Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 08:13 PM

88 posts, read 269,351 times

Advertisements

Worst:
Opa-locka
Miami Gardens
Liberty City
Overtown
Homestead
Florida City
Naranja
Goulds
Hialeah
Little Haiti

Best:
Coral Gables
Sunny Isles Beach
Miami Beach
Pinecrest
Aventura
Miami Shores
most of Coconut Grove

Old 12-27-2008, 06:24 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,149,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrox08 View Post
Opa locka is it's own city
Yeah, a lot of places being mentioned are. The thread has been more "Top five worst and best Dade County neighborhoods".

Old 12-29-2008, 02:07 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,554,005 times
Quote:
the pork n beans is a housing projects in liberty city
Gottcha. Last time we were in Miami we drove thru Overtown in the broad daylight and a Miami-Dade Police followed us the whole way. Even pulled up beside of us at a stop light and told us that we should not really be in Overtown being white and with out of state tags. I looked at him like he had 3 heads and said oh really. Didn't look that rough to me. NO we were not buying drugs or anything...just driving thru to get to the Hilton at 16th & Biscayne.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:45 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,609,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Gottcha. Last time we were in Miami we drove thru Overtown in the broad daylight and a Miami-Dade Police followed us the whole way. Even pulled up beside of us at a stop light and told us that we should not really be in Overtown being white and with out of state tags. I looked at him like he had 3 heads and said oh really. Didn't look that rough to me. NO we were not buying drugs or anything...just driving thru to get to the Hilton at 16th & Biscayne.
Be careful or the PC platoon will pounce on you.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:33 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,489 times
Worst neighborhoods?

Answer: anywhere predominantly Cuban, i.e. Hialeah, Little Havana. Let me tell you....I felt more "accepted" living in a black neighborhood.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:02 PM

89 posts, read 1,048,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Worst neighborhoods?

Answer: anywhere predominantly Cuban, i.e. Hialeah, Little Havana. Let me tell you....I felt more "accepted" living in a black neighborhood.
Hialeah really isn't that bad. I have to go there atleast 3 or 4 times a week. they have really friendly working class people, but of course with most cities, you're going to find a troll. I don't consider hialeah bad but it definately ain't the prettiest city in south fl. Can't speak for little havana because I don't go there regularly.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Hialeah really isn't that bad. I have to go there atleast 3 or 4 times a week. they have really friendly working class people, but of course with most cities, you're going to find a troll. I don't consider hialeah bad but it definately ain't the prettiest city in south fl. Can't speak for little havana because I don't go there regularly.
Hialeah isn't bad, in terms of being dangerous, but I've experienced more "human scum" there than most places. I'm not talking about people who will "gang bang", but I'm talking about people who play their music at 1,000,000 decibels at 5am, people who refuse to speak language, people who are rude, disrespectful, people who drive like maniacs and people who scheme and backstab at every possible occasion and people who know how to cheat the system.

To me, Hialeah is hell....for somewhere semi-tropical, there are few trees, but there's plenty of ugly concrete and ugly people (personality wise) to boot.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:21 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,159,358 times
Quote:
Worst neighborhoods?

You are not needed in any Cuban areas.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
You are not needed in any Cuban areas.
...and why would I have a problem with that? Personally, I tend to stay out of those areas anyway. I have very little tolerance for loud, rude, obnoxious people.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:28 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,159,358 times
Quote:
...and why would I have a problem with that? Personally, I tend to stay out of those areas anyway. I have very little tolerance for loud, rude, obnoxious people.
So I reiterate. You are not needed. We are the only loud, rude and obnoxious people around anyway so anywhere else you go should taste like glory to you.
There really is no point in being unhappy. Life is too short and you deserve, as we cubans deserve, your tendencies to go elsewhere.

Happy New Year btw. I hope you don't run into any loud, cuban parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami