U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-18-2009, 08:19 AM

1,863 posts, read 2,780,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsurf View Post
Is there a name for the triangle between Coconut Grove, CGables, S Miami into Pinecrest??
This area is screaming for a name... all the city lines just blend together down there.

Any suggestions if not? The "Triangle?"
The Triangle is that really bad part of Opa Locka, IIRC.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:09 PM

4 posts, read 10,696 times
"No Cubans in Carol City" I live in Illinois and by page 17 of this post I knew there were def Cubans there. I laughed even louder when you gave the breakdown. Too funny

Old 08-28-2009, 10:18 PM

4 posts, read 10,696 times
Default Carol Cuban City

[quote=Phil~Denver;6462779][quote]

There are no Cubans in Carol City.

Miami Springs is far from a dump.

Quote:

Hahahaha.. No Cubans in Carol City???

West Carol City is 100% Cuban! Well, maybe 90% Cuban 10% Puertorican

I had a friend who lived near 67th and Miami Gardens drive.

His neighbors were all Cuban gang-members, mostly Marielitos.

Cubans don't want to think Carol City is Cuban because it has a bad reputation. They wan't to think it is mostly black when it is ceratainly NOT. Do a myspace search or do a demographic lookup and you will see that most of Carol City is Cuban. They are the largest ethnic group there, no if's, and's or but's. Carol City is mostly Cuban!

Miami Springs IS a dump. It's bordered by scarry Okeechobee Rd., Hialeah, the noisy Airport and 826. It's a host for ghetto clubs like club Zima and so on. Does that sound like "fine living" to you? Oh yeah.. It's also cuban so I guess it can't be a dump. Right!!!!
Miami springs is just as ghetto as Miami Gardens, Miami Lakes and sweetwater. I guess If you compare it to neighboring Hialeah it is "fine living". Miami folks really don't know much about decent neighborhoods since their only point of reference is Coral Gables, with it's high congestion and crime ridden streets. Travel elsewhere and you will see just how ghetto Miami springs and Coral Gables really are. I am originally from Denver, CO, but I also lived in Weston, FL for many years. What you get for a half a million in Miami is a disgrace! Half that amount buys you "real" fine living in Colorado, without the crime, litter, noise and low living standards.

My wife is African-American and she got tired of being called a "negro" by Cuban refugees. Colombians seem alot less racist and way more educated than Cubans. We never had problems with Colombians. Venezuelans are also decent.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:42 AM

13,152 posts, read 12,133,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProg305 View Post
Many of the neighborhoods in the greater Miami area have undergone dramatic changes in the past couple of decades. As someone who was born and raised in this area, here are the areas that I think are "good" and "bad." Good areas, with mostly affluent populations and overall lower rates of crime, include Coral Gables, areas of Miami Beach, Aventura, Miami Lakes, Brickell area of downtown, some areas of Coconut Grove (although there is some dodgy areas too so be careful), and Miami Shores. Bad areas, with high levels of concentrated poverty and all the related problems like high crime, prostitution, drugs, delapidated neighborhoods, etc., include Overtown, Liberty City, Bunche Park, Opa Locka, Carol City, Miami Gardens, the western parts of North Miami and North Miami Beach, south and west Hialeah (although Hialeah is not as dangerous as the other areas, there are high levels of property crime like burglary and some other crimes like assault and armed robbery), Allapattah, Goulds, Perrine, parts of Cutler Ridge, Richmond Heights, parts of Little Haiti and Little Havana, the ungentrified parts of the Design District and Wynwood and various other unincorporated areas of Dade county.
This is THE most accurate post.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 3,281 times
What area is better for a family with a young toddler who likes to walk in the neighborhood. Hollywood Hills, Hollywood Lakes or Miami Shores? These three areas seem to be 'family oriented'.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,950 times
Dont move to liberty city...i live there now it is terrible

Old 07-25-2010, 03:30 PM

4 posts, read 4,495 times
Is the area around 2nd st, just a couple blocks in from biscayne blvd considered Brickell, or do you have to cross the water to the south to be in the neighborhood?

Old 07-25-2010, 04:48 PM

1,863 posts, read 2,780,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coup View Post
Is the area around 2nd st, just a couple blocks in from biscayne blvd considered Brickell, or do you have to cross the water to the south to be in the neighborhood?
Brickell is south of the Miami River.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:06 AM

2 posts, read 2,797 times
fyo: Key Biscayne is not in the city of miami juristdiction it is part of the county with no city services only county services metro dade police not city of miami police so keybiscayne is also a neighboorhood of dade county not part of the city of miami.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 AM

4,732 posts, read 4,344,826 times
wORST:

Liberty City
Hialeah
Allapatah
Model City
Cutle Ridge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami