Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 08:26 AM

25 posts, read 213,711 times

Advertisements

Hello:
I beg to differ.There is if you can afford it - and of couse always take a look at your surroundings. this is basic 101 "street smarts"

Old 03-03-2007, 08:45 AM

25 posts, read 213,711 times
Hello:
I lived on Brickell- I loved it. It is a neighborhood, safe with all the guard gate post at each condo building, you can walk out of your condo compound and go running along the bay, etc. The runners, like myself, are out after work and on Saturday morning. It is wonderful. The view of the bay, especially since i lived on brickell bay drive, is to die for- breathtaking. I do not think i could live anywher else in miami - however, all the places you said were good are good as well, matter of taste and lifeastyle.
AND, at the Publix on 8th Street- the service is wonderful, they will happilly speak English to you and it is an affluent group of people in the store. No rudeness there, or at the local pharmacy, etc.

Everything you need is 5 minutes away, grocery store, gas station, blockbuster, dry cleaner, hair salon, bank, drug store, etc

Old 03-03-2007, 01:21 PM

929 posts, read 1,156,120 times
i must say, living in miami beach is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT WORLD compared to the life you live in mainland miami.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:52 PM

563 posts, read 2,773,138 times
One area that I'd say is safe in the northern end of the county would be the Andover area. I frequent that area often and I never feel unsafe. It's relatively close to the California Club area of North Miami Beach.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:24 PM

113 posts, read 468,911 times
My top 5 best Miami neighborhoods:

1. Key Biscayne
2. Coral Gables
3. Aventura
4. Sunny Isels Beach / Golden Beach
5. Weston

Those are the only areas around Miami that I'd consider living in.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:07 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquiringminds View Post
Miami can be a good area depending on where you go. For instance, Coral Gables, Miami Gardens, Aventura, West Miami, and Hallandale are all very nice areas. Like every other state in the country; there are good and bad areas.
MIAMI GARDENS? Is this some sort of joke? Miami Gardens is made up of what were some of the most dangerous neighborhoods in Broward/Dade county, including part of Opa-Locka. I've lived in Opa Locka near Miami Gardens and it is not safe or nice at all.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:09 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,009 times
Exclamation safest neighborhood in South Florida

everyone keeps posting cities.....Cities are not neighborhoods!!!!

You want the absolute safest neighborhood in all of South Florida? Look no further than Indian Creek Village. They have 4 policemen. Considering the entire area takes up 1/2 square mile and only 33 people live on the island, and there is only one way on & and off the island--you and your family will be very safe!

Old 04-06-2007, 02:59 PM

158 posts, read 647,032 times
Parts of miami gardens are really nice like the country club area but the rest of it is basucally a slum.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:43 PM

65 posts, read 341,109 times
unixpilot, you said it! Those are the only safe areas in Dade county.

About the NMB/Golden Glades - I wouldnt take a bus near that area in broad daylight, much less walk around those parts.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:33 PM

201 posts, read 983,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixpilot View Post
My top 5 best Miami neighborhoods:

1. Key Biscayne
2. Coral Gables
3. Aventura
4. Sunny Isels Beach / Golden Beach
5. Weston

Those are the only areas around Miami that I'd consider living in.
Unixpilot , sorry but none of the above are actual Miami neighborhoods except Key Biscayne . Coral Gables is an affluent city with its own mayor , police force and city services , not part of the City Of Miami and shock still has a considerable "Anglo " population !!

Many of the first wave of orginal Cubans ( 60's & 70's ) that were professional , educated and now in many cases wealthy live in Coral Gables ... these should not be confused with some of the Cubans who have arrived here in the last 10 - 15 years which are unfortunately a vastly different breed .

Aventura is in North East Dade county and again is not part of Miami , closer to Miami Beach , very affluent , very New York Jewish , very wealthy South American .

Ditto for Sunny Isles and Golden Beach ... these are not part of or have any connection to the City Of Miami !!

Weston is in Broward County and nearly 16 miles to the Broward / Dade county line , is an affluent city with its own city government , much more "Anglo" than anywhere in Miami nearly 55% of the population with the rest being professional , educated Hispanics from Brazil , Argentina , Venezuela , Chile and Colombia .... and with a surprisingly very , very small Cuban population ( less than 5% )

I am glad you like these places but none other than Key Biscayne are in the actual City of Miami , man I hope you are not a local as it is the only way you can be forgiven for your ignorance on the topic

Last edited by jjnnino; 04-10-2007 at 04:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami